SWDb General Maintenance: Corrections, Maintenance and Development [Feedback and Requests]

Would this be feasible to implement, @Admin ?

well we could try allowing this only for certain trust levelā€¦ let me look into this

1 Like

so it is already allowed (or shall I say limited) from TL1 onā€¦ Not everyone who registeres immediately makes that jump. While it is possible to create a few accounts and push them to TL1, itā€™s probably too much work just to manipulate a few polls, which, have no real relevance other than information for us in the community. So we could re-add polls to each first post of a movie thread, along with a picture of the movie and link to the database page, where that doesnā€™t already exist - to make the entry point into these discussions a bit more interestingā€¦ but that would require a lot of handy work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That sounds good to me. We could try it out on a couple at first to see if it is worthwhile, maybe? I would be happy to lend a hand if you think I might be able to help.

1 Like

are there any film discussion topics that you started? probably you cant insert polls into other peopleā€™s posts, but on your own you could

Iā€™ve only done the Cry Macho one, doesnā€™t look like there is an option to edit it though.

there should be three dots somewhere if you click it, additional tools fold out, one of them a pencil iconā€¦ at least theoretically you should be able to edit your own posts

Yeah, I was looking for the pencil but its not there. Maybe because its from a couple of months ago?

ok try again now, I removed the editing time limit for higher trust levels

@Admin like all the little icons youā€™ve been adding, theyā€™re quite helpful. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Polls are making a return. The first post on topic threads for those in the databaseā€™s official top 20 have now been edited. As well as providing a little light-hearted fun for us opinionated lot this can also be helpful to newer members looking for a quick visual representation on how well thought of a certain film is (considering how many experts we have on here :wink:.)

In general, the posts have been tidied up a bit, given a poster picture, fixed/added links to @Carlos & @Admin 's fancy new 3.0 database pages, and removed broken links, while respecting the original userā€™s initial post in a section to itself at the very beginning.

I wanted to get the top 20 done as a starting point after we tried out a couple of testers in Hannie Caulder and Cry Macho, the rest will come here and there, slowly but surely. Check them out if you havenā€™t already done so, hopefully they should all be working correctly. Let us know if there are any issues also.

2 Likes

Kudos to @Admin for having introduced the batch upload; it makes uploading multiple files feel like a breeze as opposed to something comparable to banging your head against the wall. Really appreciate it, as I do not have as much spare time these days. :+1:

3 Likes

@Admin - what happened to when you click on a pic in DB you see the pic? Is it me or is something up? You can take a long round to see it butā€¦

yeah thereā€™s something amiss, I hope I can get a fix in. In the meantime, once you clicked on a picture, also click on where it says ā€œfileā€.
If I canā€™t get ahold of a fix, Iā€™ll revert things to how they were the day before yesterdayā€¦

OK, that makes sense, I noticed it yesterday. Iā€™ve noticed a couple other problems like Recent Changes shows only a few lines.

Also what happened to the search feature for files in the File list or Gallery of new files? Used to be able to search for file by name, for example you could put ā€œvendettaā€ and it would find every file that has ā€œvendettaā€ in the file nameā€¦

hm, there was no change made to the system as such, this is weirdā€¦

also, no changes made on system level, when was the last time you used this? but I dhink I know what you meanā€¦ you can still use the regular search and place a checkmark at file though

All pages also has a namespace filter you can set to ā€œFileā€
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Special:AllPages

Well, it has been missing for quite a while :slight_smile: . That works :+1: I didnā€™t think of using advanced search in the general search box :wink:

but you are right, that feature existed, I vividly remember it as well, one could just punch in ā€œvā€ and get all files starting with V etcā€¦
Edit: the GCDb still has it, which uses a slightly older version of the wiki softwareā€¦ hmā€¦

Yeah, we should go back to the previous version. Albeit far from a total disaster, it still looks pretty bad now and is completely counterintuitive.

Will switch the file page back tomorrow until thereā€™s a fix for the underlying problem

1 Like