The Good, the Bad and the Ugly / Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Sergio Leone, 1966)

SAD HILL CEMETERY

Itā€™s on my bucket list to visit this iconic locationā€¦

https://youtu.be/isdydYylyaw

3 Likes

In a week. To suppor the SWDb, use our Amazon link:

fixed the info in the database about the Italian 4K edition.

Also, here you find a comparison of screenshots
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=17363&d2=15793&c=1687

The Italian disc is a 174min version with the MGM master, the Kino is the shorter US theatrical cut but with Kinoā€™s own color grading doneā€¦

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new ā€œSWDb 3.0ā€ format. Please have a look and let us know if thereā€™s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Poll added (top of page).

Copied from SWDb General Maintenance:

1 Like

Iā€™ve finished my last assignment for my second year at University, so itā€™s finally time to lay back and watch the 4K version of THE Spaghetti Western masterpiece.

Everytime I rewatch this I forget just how funny most of it is. I always crack up at Tuco reading the note left by Angel Eyes: ā€œSee you soon idiā€¦idio-ā€ then Blondie snaps in with ā€œIdiots - itā€™s for youā€ :rofl:

5 Likes

I really want to get the 4k edition, even though I donĀ“t have 4k equipment nor a region A/ free player.

Well, 4KUHD has no region code so that hurdle is out of your way at least :wink:

I really want to get a 4k player, but theyĀ“re soooo expensive. Besides, blu-ray is good enough for now. Maybe I will buy a player once I amass a bunch of 4ks-

1 Like

Best bet is to get a second hand one :+1:. I got mine off eBay for about Ā£100 when it wouldā€™ve cost me Ā£220ish brand new. Works perfectly, just a few minor scratches on the shell which I really donā€™t care about. Itā€™s been a treat watching stuff in 4K, never thought Iā€™d be able to see all the pores on Lee Van Cleefā€™s face :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. The terrible thing about Norway is the absolutely wild prices it costs to import anythingā€¦ outrageous shipping, some 25% tax(incl.shipping) and 25 bucks just for the post to handle it (sigh). However, when I do get my hands on one, IĀ“m gonna enjoy GBU and Django in glorious Ultra-High Definition. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Not one of my personal goals in lifeā€¦but okayā€¦you do you. :rofl:

1 Like

I wasnā€™t staring at them, they were staring at me! :rofl:

1 Like

I just bought a ticket to a 35mm screening of the US cut of the film in June. IĀ“m so excited!!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll be awesome!

1 Like

Man, this movie is so well shot that every time I see a single screenshot it makes me want to revisit it.

2 Likes

On the SWDB it says that the bridge was blown up three times! It is common knowledge that the Spanish captain blew it up while they were not filming, and that they rebuilt it, but three times? Is this a mistake?

1 Like

it sounds like a fabulous anecdote, but it may be a hilarious conspiracy that half of northern spain is in on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, this is my first post (so I hope it is in the right place) Firstly I must say what a wonderful place this is.

I have a question that probably only someone from this forum could answer.

I am hosting a TGTBU themed screening event and I have to decide which version to show.

I would like to know which English language release has the longest running time that also features the on screen graphic character introduction in Italian titles appearing as the three main characters are introduced at the beginning (and at the end). So far I have only found the shorter US theatrical/international export releases (161 mins) that have kept these three introduction graphics in Italian. As far as I can tell all the extended versions seem to have the on-screen character designations converted from Italian into English ā€œil Buonoā€ to ā€œThe Goodā€ and so on.

So what I am after is a release, DVD or Blu-ray (any region) of the extended version (or longest possible) English speaking with the on screen character introduction in Italian.
It doesnā€™t have to be a release from an English speaking country as long as it has an English language option (rather than subtitles).

I did wonder about any of the Kino Lorber versions but did not want to buy a Region 1 player just to find out. I also thought there may be some obscure DVD from the late 90s or early noughties.

Thanks for your consideration on this.

2 Likes