Talk Whatever

My paternal Uncle (my Dad’s older brother) and his family live out in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and he sees the Amish quite a bit out there. One of the last times we visited them before we moved and before COVID, we passed by an Amish coach that had yield signs on it. My Uncle said that the Amish initially fought having to add anything modern on their coaches, but eventually were convinced it was for everyone’s safety. When I had a summer job as a busboy, at least one Amish family came in every year, one of the last times all the women had on bright colored clothes, which was new to me as I thought they all wore black.

There are quite the interesting people.

2 Likes

And very hard working people as well. I grew up in an area with a lot of Amish and they were always the go to for any sort of carpentry work. And, of course, Amish made furniture is always highly sought after.

1 Like

Love it

1 Like

Someone pretends to be Terence Hill on Instagram :woman_facepalming: I already reported them

4 Likes

I love how to guy behind it just dropped the German when you didn’t reply :joy:

5 Likes

Me and my girlfriend got a new place this week, after one hectic week of moving and renovation I just started setting up my hobby room. She wasn’t surprised that the posters came up before the curtains in the living room :man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

That Blood at Sundown poster looks so cool. The score was composed by Michele Lacerenza though.

2 Likes

You guys need a room mate? :joy: Love the posters!

4 Likes

The posters look great and are far more of a necessity than curtains and stuff.

2 Likes

I’m a huge fan of ‘Zulu’ (1964), and have been since I was a kid, when I first beheld it on TV. I knew that it was something very special, even though it was only being broadcast in pan and scan…

In turn, the film encouraged me to read up on the real life events surrounding the ‘Anglo Zulu Wars’ of 1879 - a fascinating and engaging subject.

And so, I am very pleased to find these Lego tributes on ‘Youtube’.

1 Like

Just found this up to date (January 2023) location footage on Youtube.

If you are a fan of ‘The Great Escape’ (1963), then this is worth watching…

The gentleman who presents this certainly knows what he’s talking about, so hats off to him.

2 Likes

Name a SW character and I’ll make them look cute and harmless. Here’s Django from Django the Bastard

6 Likes

That’s great! :smiley:

2 Likes

I found a Terence Hill film on IMDb, but I can’t find more info about the movie.
It’s a Lucky Luke film called: A Fistful of Dynamite (1972)
Does anyone has more info about this movie? I can’t find an Italian title or director.
Or is it a fake title of a non excisting movie?

2 Likes

IMDb fake entry, total nonsense, not even funny. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I reported it I hope they take it down

3 Likes

Thomas Weisser is back, but now he’s an editor on IMDb. :grimacing:

3 Likes

@Meceita
Looks like the guy who made this fake IMDb page was inspired by the Terence Hill Lucky Luke tv show because there are mail order brides in one of the episodes. I think the name of the episode is Nobody’s Fool

Still, these trolls shouldn’t exist, they spread false information :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Excuse the short interruption, just pointing everyone’s attention to the November madness starting Wednesday we call Spagvemberfest: The What? Why? and How? of SpagvemberFest!

Since I’ve been watching a few gialli with George Hilton I looked around for some interviews with him and came across this quote from 7 years ago .Westerns...All'Italiana!: George Hilton Interview

What is this project?

Quentin Tarantino is a producer and it is to be directed by Enzo G. Castellari, the money is coming from Germany and Tarantino says it will be a success. It is a film like the old spaghetti westerns: Franco Nero, Bud Spencer, Tomas Milian, Gianni Garko, Fabio Testi and me. To recreate that universe, each of us represents the character that we were most successful with.

This is Nero’s “The Angel, the Brute and the Wise” but nothing seems to have happened with it in years? (decades?)
3 of those guys Hilton mentioned have sadly passed away since the interview… if they were ever really involved. Do we think we’ll ever see anything?

edit: looking around you guys have already discussed this under it’s numerous other titles :sweat_smile: (Keoma Rises etc lol) I guess it really is just a phantom film at this point :melting_face:

one more edit from a recentish Nero interview just because the bluntness of Tarantino’s reply made me laugh

Has Tarantino read the script?

Not yet. I am going to ask Quentin to do a cameo. But only when I am totally sure the film will start shooting. That’s because a couple of years ago I was supposed to do a film in Italy about kids and boxing with Enzo Castellari and Quentin told me: ‘Absolutely! I will do a cameo.’ Then the movie didn’t happen and he told me: ‘Don’t ever talk to me about a film unless you are 100% sure.’

2 Likes