Talk Whatever

I totally agree with you Seb!

Another point I’d like to add is that I think a lot of the qualities that make some 4K’s so good is that the existing film materials are just treated with more effort than for older blu-ray and dvd releases. As a lot more work is required to make film elements suitable for 4K, all those benefits will naturally affect any newer blu-ray releases too. I stand by my praises of the GBU 4K but a lot of the greatness from that release was that it got a new master with much better colour grading than the old piss yellow releases. I’m sure the recently re-released blu-rays of the Dollar Trilogy that Kino have just put out will look almost as good as the 4K as they will have that newer colour grading.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is 4K is obviously gonna look great in most cases, but blu-rays will continue to look great and I’m just guessing here but I don’t think 4K is ever gonna overtake blu-rays.

1 Like

… and their 4Ks don’t have HDR so less of a “jump” in quality there, you just get more resolution, which is fine of course.

2 Likes

Hey Amigos,

Just wanted to throw this idea out into the corral and see if anyone wants to hogtie it:

This is just a long shot here, but would anybody be interested in and supportive of a peitition of some kind to get StudioCanal’s attention to finally OK a Blu Ray release of

Vado… l’ammazzo e torno - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

I’m not sure if this would make our dream a reality, but getting our voices heard to some degree is worth something.

4 Likes

I have not seen the film and would gladly buy a Blu of it. Studiocanal is sitting on a bunch of good prints for SWs (Cemetary without Crosses French version, Fort Yuma Gold etc.) without releasing them. Come on, Studiocanal, if you release them, we buy them!

2 Likes

Not sure if they will be impressed by a petition signed by twelve guys, but I’ll do anything to get this released in a proper version. :wink:

Is it owned by Studio Canal?

And is there any information as to why the Koch announcement never materialised?

5 Likes

‘12 Magnificent Stranieri’

:rofl:

6 Likes

Days late but beautiful horses @LankyGringo . Look super sweet!

3 Likes

Thank you, my friend. They are, beyond the shadow of a doubt, a couple of spoiled babies.

3 Likes

I wish i had this image as a poster on my wall…

Beautiful.

2 Likes

Just a random question: Does anyone else get weird ads while scrolling on this site? For me, there’s always an ad of a dating site that looks really fake and shady

Above a certain trust level you shouldn’t get ads at all…

1 Like

Maybe it’s a sign :wink: take the hint hahaha

3 Likes

I just want to send out a big thank you to Sweden for sending the U.S. women’s soccer team packing from World Cup play. They are the biggest bunch of entitled self-important brats that have every represented any country in any sport and they go out in the round of 16. Outstanding!

When they are playing on the world stage they are there to represent the U.S. as a whole and not their own self interests. They are a tremendous soccer team but also a complete and utter embarrassment with their actions and the disdain they show for their own country.

So, in all sincerity, thank you Sweden.

3 Likes

This side of the pond we’re getting bombarded with ‘Lady’ football on TV and news coverage … as if it were actually important (ok, some people feel it is) but … sport is sport, it’s not news and current affairs … it feels like the media are jumping on the old fair play and diversity band wagon. It’s now presented as if the female game has always been with us and we all should get behind it … it only proves to me that the girls can be just as boring and aggressively competitive as the boys.

2 Likes

You’ve put me right smack in the middle @LankyGringo, my one cousin’s wife is a huge soccer buff and has followed the Women’s National Team for years and she got me into it. Most of the players are down to earth gals who just want to compete in the sport and do their best each game. It’s a shame a certain player who I’ll let remain nameless put them in a bad light when she went overboard on some things.

Unfortunately, this player either convinced or bullied several other players into following along with and supporting her antics. It is up to any sports team to police the other players on their team when they are representing that team or their country. It happens in every sport. But, this team continued to let her have her own way and provided absolutely no dissension which, in my book, means that they all share the blame…not only her supporters on the team but those that were too gutless to stand up to the hatred and disdain she displayed for her own country.

This is the U.S. so she definitely has the right to her own feelings but don’t be a hypocrite and wear the uniform of the country you hate - despite the fact that every bit of the fame and wealth she has attained for her ability came because this team provided her that opportunity.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree there, they should’ve nipped her stuff in the bud early on, but I often wonder if after all the stuff that went down with Hope Solo after Rio nobody wanted to rock the boat again at the time, which is understandable to a degree, but when it’s obviously getting worse instead of better, you gotta do something regardless of the press and fan reaction.

Hopefully this setback will be a wakeup call for everybody and things will reshape and get better.

1 Like

But better penalty takers it would seem.

2 Likes

It has been quiet around here the past couple of days…too quiet. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So, I will share something that some may find no entertainment value in but that Mrs. Gringo and I thoroughly enjoyed. We completed our journey back from Kentucky yesterday and had planned to stop and stock up at the bigger supermarket about 30 miles away from the new place but were both far too tired for shopping and drove home instead. This left us to dine on a dinner of three hard boiled eggs, toast, and Blue Bunny soft serve ice cream from the freezer.

Needless to say, we were a bit on the famished side this morning so we decided to drive into town a couple of miles away for a proper breakfast at the School House cafe (literally a small old school house from the early 1900s) and to pick up the bare necessities (eggs, bread, milk, etc.) from the local store to hold us through the week before driving to the supermarket this weekend. Just as we were about to get in the car, Mrs. Gringo paused and suddenly said, “Wait a minute…”

The area we have moved to has a large Amish population and, for those unfamiliar, they still travel everywhere they go by horse and buggy which, in turn, means that each side of the road has a separate lane just for the Amish to travel. Also, several of the businesses in town that the Amish population frequents (the hardware store, grocery store, etc.) have actual hitching posts in front of their businesses.

So, suddenly and for the first time, it dawned on her (long before it dawned on me) that we could actually ride the horses into town to do our business. And so we did. First to the cafe where we hitched our horses up in front of the hardware store next door and then split an order of sausage biscuits and gravy before each having a plate sized cinnamon roll pancake. Then off to the store where he purchased our groceries, and attached the grocery bags to our saddle horns for the ride back home.

I know that it is an extremely simple thing but the idea of being able to actually ride our horses to town, and being able to hitch them to an actual hitching post while we go to the store or post office or wherever, has us quite excited. :laughing:

11 Likes

well only if you discount all the folks working on the SWDb :slight_smile: we’ve been rather busy

2 Likes