Why Go on Killing? / ¿Por qué seguir matando? / Perché uccidi ancora (José Antonio de la Loma, Edoardo Mulargia, 1965)

I have the Japanese DVD. I don’t see it listed on the database. Is it an official release?

Here are some screenshots from the Wild Coyote dvd:

Looks fine for me.
Runtime is exactly 84:51 min PAL

1 Like

Here’s some screenshots from the Japanese DVD I have:

As far as I am aware…yes official.

With the Wild Coyote DVD, the english audio stays in sync the whole time and there are no drop outs, but its by far the weakest of the 3 audio options. The music sounds great in Italian so I eventually watched it with that mostly, the story is easy to follow.

@Col. Douglas Mortimer

This is one of the worse Anthony Steffen movies I’ve ever seen.
agreed.

Others:

Not agreed
Agreed
Agreed

Me:

Just rewatched it as part of the Spaghvember adventure.

Not sure what to think of it. I liked it better the first time around, probably because it has some style and lots of action to offer, but when rewatching it, i noticed how jerky the story-telling is, with lots of clichés and dramatic scenes (especially those involving the women) that are too melancholic and serious for what is essentially an action movie

Will rewatch it later in November. Certainly one of Steffen’ best.

This flick is slightly below standard IMO. Basically this movie is about horse riding between location a and location b to location c and back to location a. Liked Jose Calvo for sure as embittered patriarch. De Teffe is establishing his reputation as suffering but superior hero. Liked other De Teffe outputs more than this one, e.g Killer Kid.
Watched the German Wild Coyote release. I can confirm German, Italian and English soundtrack. Picture quality of the Japanese releases seems better to me.

Yes, of course, only the above-mentioned scenes (Reply #37) were cut in 1965.

I’m not sure about that, because also in the 2nd version there were cuts when compared with the unrated original.

Found the english audio on the Wild Coyote disc a little to filtered at times, that I had to crank the volume up.

Yes, and some parts of the English audio track sound tinny and canned.

1 Like

I thought this started off well but ended up extremely boring. Not quite as bad as Tequila but definitely one of Steffen’s worst for me. The best I can rate it is by giving it a 2/5 and I’m being generous.

For me, his best. :cowboy_hat_face:

Definitely one of his best for me. I really liked Felice Di Stefano’s score aswell. Could be the greatest film ever made.

2 Likes

Watched the Italian audio tonight. Seven bullets each here as well. But I bloody love this film. Shakespeare, piss off!

I decided to give this a watch. The English dub is hard to hear sometimes. I like the minimalist plot and the music and Steffen is bad-ass.

An interesting finding: in the summer of 1971, McDougall became… McGregor! :slightly_smiling_face:

For more see here
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Perché_uccidi_ancora%3F/Pictures

2 Likes

I agree about a mediocre 5/10 but I liked the riding music theme which sounded something like high speed Shadows with the electric guitar (slightly reminding of Apache).
José Calvo was better used in Dead Men Ride/Anda Muchacho Spara and Aldo Berti’s character was similar in El Puro although there he had a more slimy charisma. Steffen’s character wasn’t that pronounced I think, maybe due to that I only endured the movie in several short passages on Youtube.

Unusual filming locations in Fraga, Huesca, Aragon, Spain.

The original Italian credits are definitely preferable, see below starting from 4:50

3 Likes

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original member’s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like