The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread Version 2.0

Ok … thanks, LG :wink:

Regarding the post by @LankyGringo, that’s a screen from Fitzcarraldo as Herzog had no interest in sourcing costumes for hundreds of indigenous extras. Although Les Blank may have used the same shot in his documentary.
Is it another grandiose folly - Heaven’s Gate?

2 Likes

It sure is :wink: thanks for the info on ‘Fitzcarraldo’ … I’ve really tuned into crowd scenes lately, since watching ‘The First Great Train Robbery’, beautiful sets, locations, costumes etc, but in not one, but two key scenes, we can clearly see groups of people standing around watching the filming in their 1978 clothes … and what a hideous contrast that is to the Victorian dandies … even the peasants look classier!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, @aldo
An SW favourite is especially good in this one and cast against type too. Features an international cast and an ancient citadel …

1 Like

Thanks @Montero! Saves me from checking the movie. :wink:

1 Like

The Desert of the Tartars!

1 Like

Bravo, @GuyDana
Over to you.

This one is interesting.

It’s an American action movie. This is the third film in a series.

I think you’ve stumped me … not sure if the young actor is Harry Hamlin, or Lorenzo Lamas ? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

EDIT: Is it ‘Snake Eater 3; His Law’ ?

2nd Edit: Yes it is :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes! Well done! He sure is a handsome fella. Over to you, aldo.

2 Likes

Thank you, Guy … now back to the Spaghetti West :wink:

A guess. Ben and Charlie?

1 Like

A very good guess … over to you, QD :wink:

Thank you, aldo.

I’ve been staring at these pics this afternoon … and the face is so familiar, but I can’t get it.

Going to take a wild guess and say ‘Warlock’ ?

Not Warlock, but this one might help.

1 Like

Well, that makes it very easy to check, if you know the two actors here … so I’ll leave to someone else. The cross referencing did tell me that ‘mystery man’ is Ken Clark, who worked a lot in Italy and did at least a couple of ‘Spags’

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I think he was Nebraska Jim.

1 Like

The Proud Ones. Honestly, I think he looks like Chuck Connors. I remember Jeffrey Hunter also forayed into the world of spaghetti westerns.

2 Likes