Talk Whatever

Just realized that the main zombie in Zombi 2 is played by the brother of Alberto Dell’Acqua. Not sure why I felt compelled to write this

A Thoroughbred race horse making his first career start in Kentucky on Saturday.

I’ll be interested to see if he comes to the track pulling a coffin behind him. :laughing:

7 Likes

Viva Django! :wink:

5 Likes

Would throw big money on Django!!! Horse must be a stud!!!

1 Like

‘Django, Preparati la Oats’

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about the perception of Italian cinema and television series. Here are scores for some Italian stuff from a Chinese film review site. I guess the results are not very letterboxd.

Just discovered that Youtube deleted a comment I made regarding using an alternate browser in order to get away from their annoying adverts.

The comment was in response to a frustrated user who wanted to watch an ASMR video without commercials which break the relaxation intended.

They must have flagged my comment and erased the thread, which involved 2 other persons. … as it potentially hurts their 'No adverts ‘premium service’ … what a shower of shite!!! As if they’re not making enough zillions each day, with content uploaded by the world’s population … they also want to dictate what software you use to access the site.

Use Brave browser rather than what microsoft want you to use … you’ll see a big difference. It’s free and doesn’t install the dodgy updates that we’ve been conned into believing are for a better service.

3 Likes

As for browsers, for power users Vivaldi is quite a solid choice. For all else I use mostly Firefox.

I’ll be going to New York between the 16th and 24th of July :airplane: :cowboy_hat_face:
If anyone is in the area and wanna hang out or grab a coffee or something holler! ^^

A bit silly but I’m considering maybe taking a day trip down to Somerville New Jersey just because LVC grew up there :blush: why not since it’s not too far away from Manhattan I think.

Glancing over at @LankyGringo You’re in America! but unsure how far away you and your wife is!
~come and join for a Somerville adventure! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Jen, I truly wish I could meet up with you. I would love to meet ‘SWDB’s’ utmost authority on all things Lee V. Cleef… :wink:

Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful time, filled to over-flowing tequila with many happy memories… :cowboy_hat_face:

P.S. Hope all is well with you…

P.P.S. Don’t forget to take some pics to share with your companeros, will you?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we are in the process of moving and will be over 1,000 miles away while you are here. :unamused: Any other summer it would have been a definite possibility as the wife is always up for a good road trip.

It would have been great fun to meet up with you…especially at the birthplace of LVC! I hope you have a great time though and I look forward to reading an account of your adventures. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

oh I hope the move goes smoothly and that you are happy at the new pace! :bouquet:

Well then! I’ll keep you to that :sparkles: I’m looking forward to our future road trip together when we are all in the same place again! ^.~

I’ll definately share pictures if I go on my own to Somerville or find any LVC gems hidden in NY :gem:

4 Likes

Sounds great to me!

1 Like

I decided to share a couple of photos of the kids in their new home.

Meet Doc Holliday aka “Doc” (the tongue means it’s time for a carrot)…

…and Big Nose Kate aka “Kate”.

16 Likes

Beautiful horses … you’re fortunate to have such lovely ‘kids’ :wink: satisfied with only a carrot.

4 Likes

:laughing: Thanks! And they mind their manners better than the real thing too.

5 Likes

Got a question for anyone who’s upgraded to 4K: Is the upscale in quality really as good as I’ve heard from various sites and film fans on YouTube?

I was thinking about going 4K this holiday season as my Blu Ray wish list is looking small this year and I might be able to afford it. Since I don’t buy newer films anymore, I will only get the occasional upgrade and any classics I haven’t bought a Blu Ray of yet.

Any comments and input are welcome. And thanks to anyone who can help me in making a decision.

1 Like

For me, I can’t say I really notice the resolution upgrade that much. It might be because I sit too far away from my TV or something but for me, there isn’t much of a noticeable difference. I did see some extra detail when watching the 4K of GBU, but don’t expect a leap in quality like from dvd to blu ray.

The big draw of 4K for me is HDR and Dolby Vision which is very noticeable. Really makes films pop and looks especially great with super colourful films like Suspiria.

4 Likes

I would say: trust nobody who generalizes. 4K isn’t automatically better or worse. It depends not just on your screen and your player, but also on the material. And then it depends of course like Max said on your own subjective factors like how far away you sit, how eagle like your eyes are and what the lighting conditions in the room are, whether you enjoy the experience and it feels like a marked improvement.

Another factor to consider: 4K discs look fantastic on non-4K screens (which is what my setup looks like these days as I am still watching price points on a 4K screen model I am considering), so it makes sense to upgrade player and discs and slowly start your foray into 4K, which doesn’t necessarily have to mean for yourself an all-out upgrade in all respects. You’ll miss out on all the advantages of 4K but - here is my point: they look fantastic downscaled from HDR to SDR to to speak :slight_smile:

But maybe I’m not making much sense :wink:

2 Likes