Reverend Colt / Reverendo Colt (Marino Girolami / León Klimovsky, 1970)

Remake? http://henryswesternroundup.blogspot.nl/2013/09/spaghetti-western-reverend-colt-preps.html

Interesting… had not heard of Legend of Hell’s Gate or Six Bullets to Hell either

Interesting but puzzling. Why do a remake of Rev. Colt? Oh well, it can only improve on the original.

If you ask me it makes more sense to remake a bad or mediocre film or one which is only ok than to remake one which is great.
With not so good films you can meliorate an unused potential. Remaking classics is mostly a case for idiots.

[quote=“Stanton, post:23, topic:1080”]If you ask me it makes more sense to remake a bad or mediocre film or one which is only ok than to remake one which is great.
With not so good films you can meliorate an unused potential.[/quote]

I share the Deputy’s view.

Viewing this again and its not too bad, forgot Richard Harrison disappears for most of the film… gets better once they’re in the fort in the 2nd half, some good shootouts and a funny moment when they accidentally blow the gates up and Ennio Girolami assumes they did it on purpose.

Also the nude scene over the opening credits was pretty random, I guess they had to insert it somewhere in the film.

I’ve seen this a couple times and its not bad. Guy Madison was once a priest who was a former gunslinger. He plans on building a church. The weird thing is, he carries a colt, and when a robbery takes place, they suspect him of doing the robbery. The townsfolk remember him as a ruthless killer, and don’t beleive he has turned to God. Richard Harrison is a sheriff puts the priest in jail at first, but later on asks the priest to find the men who raided the bank. Reverend Colt’s backstory is where I think the heart of the film truly lies. The flashbacks are important in telling us why Miller is a priest, and how his father’s death greatly affected him. Harrison’s role is smaller then madison’s but he does his part. Not a bad film.

1 Like

Brand new review of the movie by @LankyGringo

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Reverendo_Colt_review

3 Likes

I just read “Lanky Gringo’s” review and found it remarkably well written, informative, highly entertaining, and pleasingly opinionated. I’d encourage the author to write as many reviews as he can. I happen to agree with Lanky’s low opinion of the film, but had it been otherwise, the review still stands as a bit of good writing. Next beer’ s on me, Lanky.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, Thomas! I do plan on writing more as time permits but, in the meantime. :beers:

1 Like

Cheers!

Tried to get through this flik, on the Wild East double dvd, 3 or 4 times but I’ve found it really boring… Will give it another shot on Xmas day…but it’s right down there with Django’s Cut Price Corpses for me

1 Like

New poll for Reverend Colt to vote on at the top of the page under the original post! :cowboy_hat_face: :arrow_up:

@Admin This one’s database page needs an update, too.

2 Likes

I have had too much wine and listening to the Savage Pampas soundtrack but hey will give it a go, the Admin said I couldnt break anything right

1 Like

:joy: :ok_hand: Why not? Couldn’t hurt…

alright done, buenas noches

1 Like

If only we had a “0”. :laughing:

3 Likes

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

Ok movie mainly thanks to the good cast but with unfitting (though memorable) music. It is more a psychological western than your typical spaghetti western. Madison is good as a priest and there is also charismatic Germán Cobos in a bigger role of a professional poker player who steals the show whenever he is on the screen, always remarkably interesting Sean Tedd, funny Richard Harrison with his 70s moustache, laughing José Canalejas and few more. Very average but entertaining stuff. 3/5