I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Some titles from german amazon.

9 Likes

Just got back from a trip and these 3 were waiting for me…

7 Likes

Hey all, just bought due to stuff read here:
The Spaghetti Western Digest: Issue One &
Angelo F. Lavagnino: Dio Non Paga Il Sabato
Looking forward to reading & watching…

Added yet another title to Spagvember Fest first time viewings. Got a brand new copy off of eBay for a pretty good price. Now I’ve got both of Rod Dana’s SW’s. This one also has Gordon Mitchell in it.

4 Likes

My Sabata box set arrived yesterday.
Slim case for a 3 disc set which will help in my rapidly depleting shelf space dilemma. :slightly_smiling_face:
Will be checking the discs out today but saving a full watch for Spagvemberfest.

8 Likes

Bought from DiabolikDVD:
EKA70439-The-Sabata-Trilogy-OCard_website-pack-500px

4 Likes

Same here…just received the ‘Sabata’ bluray trilogy. It looks pretty cool.

3 Likes

It’s wonderful that all of you boys are so happy with your new purchases. I, too, just received a new spaghetti-western I had ordered, “The Stranger And The Gunfighter”/“Blood Money” (1974), starring Lee Van Cleef and Lo Lieh. Can anyone tell me if the “Classic Movies” edition I’ve received is the complete version, and does anyone have any comments to make about this film, of which I’ve read a fair amount, but have yet to see?

Just ordered.

Looking forward to watching Millian eat sand in HD.

10 Likes

That Peter Lee Lawrence DVD is amazing. Really captures his whole chic look.

Arrived today - just in time for SpagvemberFest! I thought people might want to see what the actual Bluray looks like in helping them decide if they want to order. After a very cursory glance, I think the video looks pretty decent.

Also came today. I finally upgraded from DVD

7 Likes

Let us know how it was when you get the chance to watch it! (Although I think I’ll end up buying it anyway aha)

2 Likes

Better buy it now while shocktober lasts. Saves you some money for an extra title.

1 Like

I always end Spagvember Fest with A Pistol for Ringo as it takes place around Christmas, not a bad way to ring in the season. You’re in for a treat. Return of Ringo is good too.

1 Like

Absolutely! I have them both on DVD, this one is an “upgrade”.

2 Likes

‘Pistol for Ringo’
'The Return of Ringo.

Buy it! Worth every penny, believe me! :smiley:

1 Like

I was referring to the new Ugly Ones release. Don’t worry I already have the Ringo double feature in my collection - Return of Ringo is one of my absolute favourites!

1 Like

Finally gave in to the peer pressure. :laughing: Arrived today, providing more ammo for Spagvember Fest!

5 Likes

CHIEDE PERDONO A DIO… NON A ME!

Excellent BluRay transfer, comes with a DVD as well., for when your BluRay player balks at playing BluRays.
The extras include the missing prologue and epilogue in really dreadful condition, but important to see, because this is how I first saw it on the outskirts of Rome at the Columbus cinema, just outside our hotel in 1968. (I was on an “If it’s Tuesday, this must be Belgium” coach tour.)
The viewing experience in a local Italian Cinema is amazing. People wander in and out all the time during the film, flapping the exit curtain and letting in a blinding swathe of sunlight across the screen that seems to bother nobody except me. And they stand up and cheer when something amazing happens on screen that suits their world view, as happened with UOMINI CONTRO which I had seen the night before. That’s when I saw the trailer for Chiede Perdono; lots of blistering action and a stentorian voice proclaiming “Chiede Perdono a Dio… Non a Me” every five seconds.
The film itself was cut to buggery. Every time someone drew a gun, there was a film splice, a sound jump, and all the bad guys were already on the floor dead. At which point a collective moan arose from the audience. However, the film did have a scene that is missing from all DVD releases and which occurs at the central “Fine al Primo Tempo” point, where the film shuts down so people can go get drinks and ice creams (as if they hadn’t already been doing that since the film began). Anyway, when Giorgio Ardisson gets dragged out of town after being beaten up, they throw the ropes binding his wrists over a crossbar. Then two horseman grab the ropes and gallop away, dragging him up into a close-up right into the camera. A dangerous uncomfortable stunt, that is absolutely unforgettable. So I guess this bit was censored a million years ago, or at least after 1968.
The other interesting thing is that there is a piece of music used repeatedly during the riding scenes early in the film that is remarkably familiar. It’s actually “Dawn raid on Fort Knox” from Goldfinger, by John Barry. I wrote to Monthly Film Bulletin about it when they ran a list of John Barry’s work. They replied that John Barry would be investigating. I never heard anything more, and assumed the reason this movie wasn’t available on VHS or DVD for many years was because I’d opened my big mouth. I subsequently contacted the John Barry Music society and discussed it with them, but they were a waste of space. So anyway, now you can watch “Chiede Perdono” and one of you guys out there might say “Yes, it is Dawn Raid on Fort Knox” and I won’t be alone any more.

4 Likes

Was gonna wait a bit to pick this up but I thought I’ll get it now just in case it has been removed due to rights issues and goes up in price

5 Likes