I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Pre-orders:

3 Likes

Used the refund OFDb gave me to help pay for this set I wanted to get for a while. I enjoyed Kabir Bedi in The Black Corsair, and this will be my first time seeing a Sandokan movie/Mini-Series. Will watch this in between my Spagvember Fest viewings.

1 Like

This is directed by Sollima, ain’t it?

1 Like

The original six part Mini Series from 1976 was directed by Sollima yes; the 1996 sequel four part Mini Series was helmed by Enzo G. Castellari.

1 Like

Ebay Purchase:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

New blu-ray:

3 Likes

Fast & Furious 9: The Family Saga

Bought from Strange Vice:

3 Likes

Some new horrors for my Halloween month viewing pleasure.

And, of course, that has to include some Rosalba Neri…

…and some Ewa Aulin.

6 Likes

Nice haul! Tenebrae is easily my second favourite Argento after Suspiria, not to mention its theme song is utterly fantastic. The bloodthirsty trilogy was interesting to watch but the two sequels I found to be extremely boring. The first one is pretty fun though!

1 Like

Some CEX pickups today.

5 Likes

New blu-rays:

Upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

Had a quick nose through the latest Arrow sale. Tbh, I’m struggling to find too many more within Arrow’s back catalogue that I want.

6 Likes

Cohen and Tate is rough

2 Likes

I flinched but ended up buying some from Zavvi… The other revent purchase of mine is another upcoming Hong Kong flick from Eureka

3 Likes

It was a blind purchase (as was The Black Cat and Doberman Cop) so I’m hoping there’s something to enjoy there but, tbh, this little haul definitely had a feel of “buying for the sake of it” about it. It’ll be my New Year’s resolution to stop doing that in 2022. Quality over quantity from now on.

1 Like

I made that vow last year and actually did fairly well this year on the whole as I limited the majority of my off course purchases to yard sale and discount store finds. The majority of the times that I did stray can be blamed on my unhealthy obsession with Rosalba Neri. :laughing:

3 Likes

Nothing unhealthy about that! :wink:

4 Likes

Picked this up in the opening hours of Mondo-Macabro’s Halloween sale

Lately I’ve been trying to be good with only buying the Blu Rays/DVDs I really want to see, luckily I haven’t gone too crazy. Just been so much damn good stuff being released from the UK and Germany I’ve been importing, you can’t help it.

3 Likes

Nothing with liking Rosalba Neri at all, Amico, I have a deep fondness myself for Catherine Deneuve.

1 Like