I just bought.... (the CD/LP shopping diary!)

And if he’s related to Joni Mitchell? :wink:

Less chance of getting ‘whacked’ by hippie Joni, but you never know - she may have gotten mean in her old age … :worried:

He’s done liner notes for a whole bunch of Italian soundtrack releases it seems:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2020747-Josh-Mitchell-2

I think I have the vast majority of those but I have to admit I seldom take the time reading the ‘booklets’.

She wouldn’t have lasted long in a Corbucci movie…

They’re usually nothing but a few stills from the movie and a brief plot outline anyway.

2 Likes

Unless the bandits tried to pave paradise, then her acoustic guitar would have converted to a machine gun … ‘Adios malditos’ :wink:

1 Like

True. Some companies do make something out of them though. Quartet Records for example does put some effort into their releases.

Penta Music and Digitmovies releases also put some nice work into the linear notes, along with the Beat Records Gold Series releases.

Just got the Là dove non batte il sole / Un animale chiamato uomo release:

What’s the best soundtrack release this year? Maybe it could be added:

One hundred percent the best release was Sono Sartana Il Vostro Becchino. Super unexpected (I knew it was being released a little while before it was announced lol). I’ll throw that over on the shopping guide thread soon.

1 Like

Finally a new addition to my sw soundtrack collection. The re-released Zorro score:

1 Like

I have old lp-release of this. Found it on flea market. It’s a good one.

1 Like

Expanded edition:

jpeg

2 Likes

Lucky duck. Looks like you’re living in a cardboard box now after paying the price for that release lol

I found it for a fair price from a German eBay seller. But the people on Discgos and Amazon are just deranged.

Just received these two Penta Music releases :

Per pochi dollari ancora
L’odio è il mio Dio

Filling in a hole in the collection: The extended score for La spina dorsale del diavolo

2 Likes

I’m not seeing this on discogs, where do you find the expanded score? I’m listening to the music right now and it’s pretty nice stuff.

Strange. You can see it here:

Mind you it was released 9 years ago so not a new release.

Incidently only the expanded score is mentioned on our “own” site:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Spina_dorsale_del_diavolo,_La/OST