I just bought.... (the CD/LP shopping diary!)

Like the ditto spaghetti western DVD “I just bought”-thread I thought it appropiate to create a similar soundtrack cd/lp-thread seeing that the soundtracks are so closely connected with the movie experience in particularly this genre. Mention of composer and record label would be nice.

Will start out with my latest purchase (all cds):

El desperado aka Dirty Outlaws - Gianni Ferrio - GDM

Joe! Cercati un posto per morire aka Find a Place to Die - Gianni Ferrio - GDM

Odia il prossimo tuo aka Hate Thy Neighbor - Robby Poitevin - GDM

Sugar Colt - Luis Enriquez Bacalov - King Records

Just been listening to the Sugar Colt soundtrack and that is goddamn nice stuff. Definitely recommended.

My last soundtrack(s) received was a Nico Fidenco C.D with music from four westerns he scored which are; Ringo Il Texano, All’Ombra Di Una Colt, Per Il Gusto Di Uccidere and Dynamite Jim .

Issued on RCA Records OST 129 Italy (0-743213-608822 ) in 1996, so I suspect it may well be deleted now.

A really good listen and worth getting if you come across.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Yes I believe it is deleted. Where did you find it?

Purchased from a film fair in the U.K where I have been getting alot of good stuff recently, and looking forward to the next one in November!

Just purchased an L.P of THE HILLS RUN RED by MORRICONE, and appears to have been released in South Africa.
Not to sure when the L.P was issued but the sound quality is not bad, and I do not think the complete score to this film has ever been issued on a official C.D as of yet.

Only issue details on L.P are ‘West 219’.

I always enjoy listening to the main man’s western scores.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Where, Camden?

Manchester.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:7, topic:745”]Manchester.[/quote]Bit far for me them

I was given the new GDM, expanded, CD release for the soundtrack to PREPARATI LA BARA (aka VIVA DJANGO) last week. Just got around to listening to it for the first time, yesterday. Sounds GREAT!!

I want that one too… You do mean Digitmovies and not GDM though :wink:

Well, when you get the release you will see that it is from both companies. The spine says Digitmovies…but, the back cover has the GDM logo on it.
The disc credits show Digitmovies as the distributor and GDM as the production house and rights holder.
So, take your pick, amigo!
:slight_smile:

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:11, topic:745”]Well, when you get the release you will see that it is from both companies. The spine says Digitmovies…but, the back cover has the GDM logo on it.
The disc credits show Digitmovies as the distributor and GDM as the production house and rights holder.
So, take your pick, amigo!
:)[/quote]
LOL. Sounds f**cked up… Is released by Digitmovies though so that would be my pick :slight_smile:

A co-production C.D perhaps…Spaghetti style.

Like I said they are both responsible for the release, so it doesn’t matter. Six of one half dozen of another.

Just to show you proof…here’s the back cover:

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gdmdigisx4.jpg

Oh, I did believe you, don’t make a mistake about that :slight_smile: But it will (when I finally get it) still be placed among my Digitmovies-releases. It also says Digitmovies on the spine, but I know, these Italian soundtrack companies are an inbred lot :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that it’s a fine soundtrack. The You’d Better Smile-song is very catchy!

I just bought “2 R-R-Ringos nel Texas” by Savina. A Japanese release #VQCD 10053.
Nothing great but several of the tracks are familiar other than from the film itself. As
a collector you have to put up with a little of everything I guess.

Also Classic Western Score from United Artists which includes scores from "The Unforgiven"
by Tiomkin, “Cast a Long Shadow” by Fried, “The Horse Soldiers” by Buttolph, “Invitation to
a Gunfighter” by Raksin and “Guns of the Magnificent Seven” by Bernstein. A nice 3 disc
collection of some better than average scores. It’s on FSM Vol. 10 #10.

Just got the soundtrack for Vamos a matar, companeros - Verita Note - Ennio Morricone

Good to see you went for the most complete version as of yet.

Love the ‘bird’ type sounds in this one, and of course loads of different versions of the main theme.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:18, topic:745”]Good to see you went for the most complete version as of yet.

Love the ‘bird’ type sounds in this one, and of course loads of different versions of the main theme.[/quote]
Yes, always try to go for the edition with the most tracks :slight_smile: And yes, it is a very nice soundtrack, just listened through it. Had an cdr of the shorter version of the soundtrack which I can now lay to rest :slight_smile:

Just got:

Il Mercenario - Ennio Morricone - GDM
C’era una volta il West - Ennio Morricone - GDM
Western Quartet - Piero Piccioni - GDM