Demofilo Fidani - Really that bad?

Crea films make Fidanis look like a Fidani :wink:

Fidani ist much better than crea :wink:

In Germany helps the good Syncro, the Fidani Films ! It makes them wachable 8)

matalo looks like fidani western

No it doesnā€™t.

Once upon a time in the West looks more like Fidani western, at least thereā€™s Fabio Testi falling from the roof top. :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:44, topic:60ā€]No it doesnā€™t.

Once upon a time in the West looks more like Fidani western, at least thereā€™s Fabio Testi falling from the roof top. :)[/quote]

shit, and i was planning to make OUTITW joke ā€¦

For some reason i quite like Fidaniā€™s movies , maybe itā€™s because they are in ā€œthe so bad they are goodā€ category. ;D

Most are badly dubbed so maybe that is a reason for their unpopularity. :-\

I do wonder why actors like Kinski , Dino Strano , Ettore Manni and Charles Southwood got involved with him. In Kinskiā€™s case it would have been for the pay cheque , maybe it was the same for the others. :-\

Gordon Mitchell however lumbers through most of the SWā€™s heā€™s been in , so maybe heā€™s suited to being a Fidani regular. :wink:

I found weird info from imdb concerning Fidani and Roberto Benigniā€™s La vita ĆØ bella.

Fidani is listed in the credits in ā€œThanksā€ section:

Demofilo Fidani ā€¦ special thanks: Auschwitz survivor (as Nedo Fidano)

Is this really true? Was he really a Auschwitz survivor? And why the name Nedo Fidano?

Yeah, this question was raised (again) a couple of weeks ago too. Curious myself.

But might as well be another imdb mistake.

Mystery solved!

Maybe the IMDb mistake was originated from English Wikipedia (or vice versa, who knows?).

Ettore Manni was a great friend of Fidani, as far as I know also Federico Fellini (!) and Fidani were friends because of their common interest in Spiritism/channeling.

Here is Fellini with Custer Gail! ;D

Thanks for solving!

Sloppy imdb work.

The badness of his movies is exaggerated. None of them is really good, but they range high to low average and are often quite entertaining. He never made something as bad as Executioner of God or Finders Killers. My favorite Fidani movie is ā€œInginocchiati stranieroā€¦ I cadaveri non fanno ombra!ā€ [Dead Men Donā€™t Make Shadows] (1970).

Fidani films are always highly enjoyable. Not sure why some people think heā€™s terrible!

2 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty obvious.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Exactly! ā€¦ Iā€™m not sure why some people want to defend him or hail him as a genius, similarly to the way many have with all time no hoper champion, Jesus Franco.

Crap is crap ā€¦ itā€™s not art.

4 Likes

Had at least 5 legit good films though!

I canā€™t say Iā€™m familiar with him.

gotta know your way around uncle Jessā€™ body of work, man

1 Like

Not my sort of thing, by the looks of it. You canā€™t be into everything.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there you will enjoy at least one Jesus Franco movie seeing that he has touched nearly evey genre in the book at least a couple of times :slight_smile:

I enjoy both Franco and Fidani movies.

1 Like