Your Top Ten Favorite Actors?

Clint Eastwood is my favourite actor, i can’t think of a top ten though.

I’ll try a top ten in no order, but Clint is No.1.

Clint Eastwood
Tomas Milian
Franco Nero
Ti Lung
Denzel Washington
Ku Feng
Maurizio Merli
Gian Maria Volonte
Lee Van Cleef

[quote=“The Gringo, post:40, topic:2153”]1. James Cagney
2. Paul Newman
3. Alain Delon
4. Clint Eastwood
5. Chow Yun-Fat
6. Michael Caine
7. Claude Rains
8. Humphrey Bogart
9. Al Pacino
10. James Woods[/quote]
Interresting list Gringo. However, I wouldn’t have put Cagney so high. I don’t know why, but his personality never really “grabbed” me.

I just love how he basically carries his films with his great screen presence, I mean, he even managed to overshadow Bogie in AWDF and The Roaring Twenties.

I haven’t seen these two films, so my opinion may change when I do see them.

I wouldn’t have listed Cagney, at all, myself; but, he is a damn fine actor and his screen presence can be riveting! I went through a phase (I hate to use that phrase, but I couldn’t think of a better one!)…where I thought Cagney and Bogart were the greatest actors of all-time. As the years have gone on and I have changed…I find that I still rank Bogie as a favorite, but Cagney has slipped off my list for a reason I can’t quite explain.
No denying his talent, though…and I can certainly see why someone would rank him as their favorite.

I like your list, Gringo!

Bogey and Cagney are too smallish to be called great …

Well, they are slightly bigger than Alan Ladd! ;D

LOL

not when Alan wears his high heels …

Yeah, but they’re bigger than DeVito (come to think of it, who isn’t?)!

Angelo Rossitto. Though his credits are huge, from silents to MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME.

[quote=“John Welles, post:50, topic:2153”]Yeah, but they’re bigger than DeVito (come to think of it, who isn’t?)![/quote]Tony Cox

Here goes…

1. Peter O’Toole
  2. Vincent Price
  3. James Stewart
  4. Peter Cushing
  5. Christopher Lee
  6. Orson Wells
  7. Charles Laughton
  8. Cary Grant
  9. Richard Harris
  10. Richard Burton

6 - 10 move around depending on my mood. Today this is the list. :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree that Peter O’Toole is a great actor. For Lawrence of Arabia alone he deserves to be in there.

No particular order (under construction!):

Yılmaz Güney

Paul Naschy

Franco Nero

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Henry Fonda

I haven’t heard of the first two: what have they appeared in?

Vaguely know the name Paul Naschy, at least I think I do, but his face looks unfamiliar, so maybe mixing things up

Yılmaz Güney is a Kurdish/Turkish actor that was mostly a director. He directed Yol for example and also appeared in a few Turkish cult films.

Paul Naschy is some times said the Spanish Lon Chaney, he appeared in a lot of Spanish Horror films from the 60’s and 70’s. Kind of a cult legend.

Should have known that, have seen Yol, but didn’t think of a director in this context