Your Top Ten Favorite Actors?

You can watch Ac Kurtlar on Google Video, it’s kind of a Turkish Great Silence set in Anatolia.

Klaus Kinski
Robert de Niro
Al Pacino
Harvey Keitel
Paul Newman
Humphrey Bogart
Edward G. Robinson
Jack Nicholson
William H. Macy
James Stewart

I’ve heard of Yol and it’s supposed to be good. What did you think of it?

I saw it cinema, I guess in the early eighties, so my memories are a bit vague too, but I thought back then it was a powerful movie

Gary Oldman is also a favorite of mine…forgot to mention him

Yilmaz Güney was after Yol one of the most discussed directors, and on his way to become a critic’s darling. Unfortunately he diedmcuh too early, 2 or 3 years later.

Resurrecting this old topic with my current Top 10. I love many actors, and while creating this Top 10, dozens had to be left out. And contrary to some other posts in this thread, I would watch any film by any of these actors, just because they are in it. :smiley:

1. Bill Murray
  2. Willem Dafoe
  3. Horst Frank
  4. Takeshi Kitano
  5. Jeff Bridges
  6. Gene Hackman
  7. Jean-Claude Van Damme
  8. Richard Harrison
  9. Stellan Skarsgard
  10. Ferdinand Marian

Some runners-up: Susumu Terajima, Charles Chaplin, Robert Duvall, James Caan, Tadanobu Asano, Cary Grant, Daniel Auteuil, Joaquin Phoenix, Javier Bardem, Mads Mikkelsen, Tony Leung, Leslie Cheung, Kevin Costner, Sean Penn, Franco Nero, Jack Nicholson, Yun-Fat Chow, Terrence Hill, Robert Mitchum, Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, Kirk Douglas, Vincent Gallo, Claude Rains, Mel Gibson, Stanley Baker, Herbert Lom, Peter van Eyck, Chuck Norris, Herbert Fux, Henry Silva, Tomas Milian.

1. Clint Eastwood
  2. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  3. Lee Van Cleef
  4. Kurt Russell
  5. Samuel L. Jackson
  6. Bruce Campbell
  7. Jackie Chan
  8. Harrison Ford
  9. Christopher Lee
  10. Charles Bronson

Honourable mentions: Tony Anthony, Harvey Keitel, Robert De Niro, Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Keith David, Peter Weller, Peter Cushing, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Michael Keaton, Eli Wallach, Franco Nero, Lawrence Fishburne, Michael Madsen, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson, Tomas Milian, Gian Maria Volonte, Danny Glover, Sean Connery, Christopher Walken.

All my old list threads are being resurrected ;).

1. Lee Van Cleef
  2. Charles Bronson
  3. Warren Oates
  4. William Berger
  5. George Hilton
  6. Chow Yun-Fat
  7. George Eastman
  8. Franco Nero
  9. Telly Savalas
  10. Jack Palance
8. Warren Oates

He was such a great man. I feel so lucky that I had the chance to meet him.

When?

A friend of mine found out last year from his family that Oates would of been his Grandad if he was still alive.

I was an extra in STRIPES and got to meet him on the set.

Lucky you! ;D

I’d be curious to see your top 10, Bronson. :wink:

1. Gregory Peck
  2. Clint Eastwood
  3. Lee Van Cleef
  4. Eli Wallach
  5. Giuliano Gemma
  6. Alexandr Domogarov
  7. Peter O’Toole
  8. Kim Rossi Stuart
  9. Ioan Gruffudd
  10. Johnny Depp

Also: Franco Nero, Jeremy Brett, Gian Maria Volonte, Henry Fonda, Errol Flynn, Sean Bean, Omar Sharif
The numbering in no way indicates an order of preference.

From the top of my head:

Robert De Niro
Clint Eastwood
Paul Newman
Lee Marvin
Daniel Day Lewis
Danilo Bata Stojković
Fabijan Šovagović
Ivo Gregurević
Gregory Peck
Dustin Hoffman
Leonardo Di Caprio
Mel Gibson
Steve McQueen
Tommy Lee Jones
Gary Oldman
Jeff Bridges
Gian Maria Volonte

…okay, that’s already nearly 20, but here’s some more favs:
Brendan Gleeson
Eli Wallach
Gene Hackman
Michael Caine
Tim Roth
Bruce Willis
Benicio Del Toro
Peter Sellers
Tom Hanks
Jack Nicholson
Jack Lemmon
Walter Matthau
Ewan McGregor

Some of them are great actors, some of them are great character actors, some of them are actors who only have one expression or could play only one role, but these are whose name on a credits will make me watch the movie and usually, if for nothing else then for their presence on the screen, make the movies hold my attention for its runtime. But if I have to narrow it down then it’s first 4 names, anything with them is highly watchable for me.

Also: Franco Nero, Jeremy Brett, Gian Maria Volonte, Henry Fonda, Errol Flynn, Sean Bean, Omar Sharif

Jeremy Brett! The one and only Sherlock Holmes in my opinion…and Sean Bean…how could I forget those two…you can never remember them all sometimes.

It’s a difficult question for me to answer, but off the top of my head:

Shintaro Katsu
Christoph Waltz
Tomisaburo Wakayama
Bruce Lee
Samuel L. Jackson
Peter Cushing
Liam Neeson
Lee Van Cleef
Choi Min-Sik
Anthony Hopkins

• Edit to add:
    Alexander Fu Sheng

I have left many actors unmentioned. As you say, one can never remember them all and besides it would be nearer top 50 tan top 10 if the lists were complete. Jeremy Brett: the one and only Sherlock Holmes and Joan Hickson: the one and only Miss Marple!