Xploited Cinema

Xploited has Ringo The Lone Rider (Wild East) up for sale on their site. Coupled with a non-spaghetti, unfortunately (The Cobra).

Where is Wild East’s A Long Ride From Hell ? :-\

yeah lone rider’s out. the other one will take a little, but should be available soon, too

i’m excited for Cobra, i’m lately getting into all the Italo-crime stuff

Thanks for the information.

I thought Xploited were not getting new titles in or is it just selected stuff ?

well i guess he’s still getting some stuff in while he’s having the site up. and a stack of Wild East DVDs isn’t gonna sit in the box for long either

I’m totally with you. Italo-crime is my favourite genre at the moment. A lot of great movies waiting to be watched :slight_smile:

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:43, topic:1154”]Thanks for the information.

I thought Xploited were not getting new titles in or is it just selected stuff ?[/quote]

Yeah, as Seb suggested, maybe all these items were already on order. But, I check the site almost every day, and they did get MORE of some of the stuff they most recently were out of. They were out of a couple of Franco Cleef titles but have gotten in some more copies(The Big Gundown, for instance).
Hope they get the new Wild East tiltles…

I’ve not seen too much Italo-crime stuff. I was thinking about ordering Violent Rome from xploited…
How does Violent Rome rate? Thanks

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:46, topic:1154”]I’ve not seen too much Italo-crime stuff. I was thinking about ordering Violent Rome from xploited…
How does Violent Rome rate? Thanks[/quote]
Action filled, with a nice atmosphere and cast , but the plot is totally episodic and it lacks a true villain.

Hmmm. Thanks. You gotta have a good villian !

You have few lesser ones. One of them is John Steiner and he’s great in it but he dies halfway through the movie.

Too bad the Violent Rome dvd doesn’t have any english options.

Damn, CC’sB.

You are right. Not knowing much about Italo-Crime, I got mixed up and meant to ask about Rome Armed To The Teeth (which does have English) not Violent Rome.
Thanks

ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH, is one of the finest Italian crime films there is.

And here is my avatar from another forum :slight_smile:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:52, topic:1154”]ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH, is one of the finest Italian crime films there is.

[/quote]

Cool. Thanks. I’m going to order this from xploited.

I think it’s fast paced and fun… like all Lenzi/Merli movies.

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:54, topic:1154”]I think it’s fast paced and fun… like all Lenzi/Merli movies.[/quote]This and Violent Naples are my two favourite Lenzi crime films (with Cynic the rat and the fist a close third) but i can’t make up my mind which one i prefer. maybe Rome armed to the teeth (i have to get used to this title still, i’m still used to calling it The tough ones for the past 15 years or so!) by a small margin.

Violent Naples is probably mine, it’s impressive that he was able to keep the same style and consistency for all 3 movies.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:52, topic:1154”]ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH, is one of the finest Italian crime films there is.

[/quote]

Rome armed to the teeth - this seemed a rather silly title to me, so i guessed they misread the original Italian title (Italian titles are often hard to get)

On IMDB I read the original title was Roma, a mano armata
A mano armata = by force of arms
So the title means something like i Rome by force of arms[/i]

It’s also known as Assault with a deadly weapon

IMDB tells me that this was the US video title
The Tough Ones is said to be the English title

I don’t know who made up those titles
It’s possible that the film had another working title or that the film originally was released with another title (this happens very often in Italy). If it was aimed at the international market, it might have been given an English title too (think about Death rides a Horse, in Italian Da uomo a uomo - both titles are original). But then again, maybe they just made up their own titles in the US and the UK.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:59, topic:1154”]IMDB tells me that this was the US video title
The Tough Ones is said to be the English title[/quote]

The Dutch video i used to have was called THE TOUGH ONES as is the Greek tape which i still have.

I’ve also got a U.S. tape called ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON but it is a cut version of the film, there isn’t any violence missing just dialogue and a fair bt of the start.