Xploited Cinema

Bad news from xploited:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/future.php

That sucks! I buy almost 80 % of all my dvd’s from them. They always had all the good titles, and the best service.

Bad news indeed !, as I have had nothing but great service from them.

Worse than bad news for us in the States!!!
This was the only place we could buy Koch Media releases (not to mention NEW, SIMPLE, and other German company releases) without having to pay ridiculous shipping charges.
This is truly tragic news.
Though I do wish Tony all the best!

Oh man - this is bad - really bad! :frowning:
I also wish Tony only the best and pray that someone else steps up to the plate and fills the need in the marketplace for stocking these types of titles.
However, doing it at the price and with the level of service that Xploited did is really a tall order!

Oh my god. What am I gonna do? Like Chris said: this is where we get our Koch (and other German) releases. Waaaa. Waaaaa.
Sad sad news. Tony has been great. I feel sick. :’( :’( :’( :’( :’(

I heard from Tony some months ago that this was going to happen eventually, so I’m not surprised. But Tony is a helluva guy and now I’m in the same rut as you guys are. Where else can I buy these dvd’s?
At least it hasn’t gone out of business yet. It still in operation as we speak. Lets get out there and support this great site by ordering more dvds!

STARTING TODAY!!!

I have bought quite a lot of movies from them over the past 6 years, this is very sad.

As Ennioo said, their service is excellent. I normally recieved goods within 4 days (USA to UK).

:frowning:

I used to use xploited all the time, but unfortunately i kept getting hit for customs charges and it started to work out too expensive, pity really because the service was outstanding.

I never understood how Tony could ship DVD’s from USA to Ireland in 4 days and yet Parcelfarce could take 3 - 4 weeks from UK to Ireland! (And Xploited’s P&P charges were less). I’ll miss Xploited, but maybe Tony will have lot’s of bargains in a closing down sale?

sad news indeed, my friends. I feel with you.

can hkflix.com partially live up to it in terms of German DVDs? I know that at least for me as being in Germany, hkflix might in most cases be cheaper than ordering stuff here, due to the dollar/euro exchange rate

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:8, topic:1154”]I used to use xploited all the time, but unfortunately i kept getting hit for customs charges and it started to work out too expensive, pity really because the service was outstanding.[/quote]How’s the customs in UK? Here in Finland the custom taxes (22% of the total, postal cost doesn’t count) wont’ be charged if it’s less than 10 €. So if I buy dvd’s worth around 40 €, I don’t have to worry about taxes. Actually I have bought hundreds of dvd’s from US, and some from Asia and only once I had to pay the custom charges.

customs doesn’t check parcels all the time, they do spot checks. Into the EU, the threshold is usually around 30 Euros worth of merchandise that goes without tax/duty. 22% is 3% higher VAT/tax/duty than Germany, but then again, Finland has the best education in the world, supposedly, so you’re paying for little children’s schoolbooks with your DVD imports :wink:

This is very poor indeed.

I forgot about that, , if i recall correctly the Xploited packages were the only company in the States that i bought from that had been opened by UK Customs.

I just ordered over $400 worth of DVD’s (mostly German SW releases) in one last blast before some of these titles disappear from their site forever. The site will be sadly missed, as it was my main stop for all import DVD’s. Looks like I’ll be ordering a lot more from amazon.de (who, unlike the U.S. and Japanese branches, poorly package DVD’s and everything I’ve ever received from them arrived with slight damage to the packaging - eg: Koch Media’s recent digipack style cases, as well as their box sets.)
:frowning:

I now refuse to buy anything from suppliers who use Parcelfarce.

Started compiling a last wishlist of DVD’s from Xploited. So much to choose from and so little money in my bank account…

[quote=“Garringo, post:15, topic:1154”]Looks like I’ll be ordering a lot more from amazon.de (who, unlike the U.S. and Japanese branches, poorly package DVD’s and everything I’ve ever received from them arrived with slight damage to the packaging - eg: Koch Media’s recent digipack style cases, as well as their box sets.)
:([/quote]
You’re not the only one - i’ve recieved my Sollima box from amazon.de damaged :frowning:

but amazon should take that back without a problem, shouldn’t it?

I haven’t got a chance to order something from Xploited Cinema because I was always put off by theirs high delivery rates.
I rely on Amazon.de for mainstream German DVDs or on shop.dtm.at for something esoteric with flat shipping charges. I must also admit that the packing from Amazon isn’t first rate and the cases are often slightly damaged. Yes, one can return damaged items but the shipping costs here are very high. For instance, I paid EUR 14,20 for returning a thin case of Greta Garbo movies. There are European prices and African standard in my country.
The most frustrating thing for me that I can not find Italian or Spanish on-line store with decent delivery costs.

Tony is still adding some new stuff to the Spaghetti titles:

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/sartanas-here-trade-your-pistol-coffin-franco-cleef-reconstruction-dvdr-p-14262.html