Wild East Productions

[quote=“Søren, post:1879, topic:44”]New one coming from Wild East:

Garringo / Two Crosses at Danger Pass

Well Garringo is already out from Explosive Media with the English (and Italian) dub but Two Crosses at Danger Pass is a first as far as I can tell.[/quote] 8)

Bah, another W.E. release where I already have one of the movies !!

Pretend it’s a single feature of the movie you don’t have then :slight_smile: Yipee. I also already got Garringo but am certainly picking it up for Two Crosses.

What is great about double features is exactly that: in most cases you discover a second movie that you would otherwise not have discovered :slight_smile:

I probably will eventually, but itll be low on my list of priorities.
Especially when W.E. have inferior PQ due to PAL–>NTSC conversion

Indeed. I too have garringo already(great flick) but never heard about 2 crosses. Will be picking this for sure.

Well, postponed to October ::slight_smile:

At this point I’d be more surprised if they released something on time.

Ha, ha indeed.

So how is the picture quality on “Wild and the Dirty”?

Is it close to the German DVD or should I just go the extra mile and import the koch disc?

Wild East (top) vs Koch Media (bottom)

Wild East
Pros: English audio, probably cheaper shipping costs, comes with a additional movie (this is the only reason I bought the disc)
Cons: inferior image quality, tracking, seems slightly cropped in some scenes, no extras

Koch Media
Pros: better image quality, includes 30 minute documentary featuring Castellari, Nero and deMasi, hidden Easter Egg karaoke version of the theme song
Cons: no English audio and subtitles are for the German audio version, more expensive

Thank you, I appreciate it

[quote=“Rutledal, post:1892, topic:44”]hidden Easter Egg karaoke version of the theme song[/quote]Really? I got to look for this. :smiley:

Yup, if you can’t find it I’ll tell you where its hidden.

It was easy to find now that I knew there is such a feature

btw, one more con to Koch version: F***ing ugly cover art. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the Wild East disc have the scene missing from the Koch disc? And no. I can’t remember what and where it was. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? If we are talking about the same cover (the green one with the crucification), it is one of the best for me.

Some of those Koch’s simple, plain covers are pretty cool (Death Sentence, Blindman) but Johnny Hamlet has the ugliest cover I’ve ever seen. Awful gradient colors with figure you can vaguely recognise. I suppose they were aiming for Lardani style but it’s not. It looks cheap and ugly.

well all you see for 99% of the time you own it, is the spine :wink:

The spines aren’t that fantastic either :slight_smile: I think Koch Media tend to blow all their cash on content (which is applaudable) and then get some employees kid to do the artwork and design.