Wild East Productions

The last time they did a Blu-ray, the quality of the DVD was better. If they can give us Koch Media quality Blu-rays, I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Yeah … the ‘Pesco’ Blu looked like crap … Sorry Wild East, the Koch media DVD was better than the supposed Wild East HD … what’s the problem?

1 Like

I’m very curious to see the quality of that Long Days print :slight_smile: all releases so far have been pretty much shit so…

It would be a good idea if Wild East posted screen shots on their site, rather than just tantalising poster artwork.

And they never put runtimes on the back of their cases!!

Probably to busy trying not to licence the prints they use :grinning:

2 Likes

Funnily enough I was thinking of re-watching Long Days…this week. Guess I’ll wait this comes out first, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t really happy with this.

Same :slight_smile:

Gemma dropped in today :smiley:
The opening credits are Italian. It starts with a disclaimer. A few screens:

1 Like

So, they’re saying the sound is a bit crap in places … or they’ve done some ‘home dubbing’, which they hope isn’t too noticeable ???

When did this go up for preorder? I saw when it was announced, seems it just released

Exactly what I was thinking. What the fuck?

Oh please no. Johnny Hamlet was a disgrace.

where does it say that? it said equalized, that means make sound from different sources sound roughly of equal nature, possibly in terms of pitch, speed, noise, reverb, etc… I assume at least

I am so behind with Wild East! Still need to buy their last three releases.

2 Likes

Same here… it is quite a catalog

Did you know about Long Days of Vengeance being available to order? Maybe I should’ve checked their site more often.

it should be up on Amazon next week I am told…

It doesn’t say that, obviously … but to me it’s quite a convoluted way of saying the sound isn’t great, ‘Be prepared’ ! otherwise why mention it ?
I mentioned home dub, referring to their release of ‘The Ugly Ones’ which does have several lines of dialogue dropped in, and is very amateurishly done - I’m just hoping that this is a policy they will avoid forever - if English dialogue is missing, make a subtitle for that section - don’t get your friends round with a microphone and attempt to reproduce the impossible - I even found the post sync on ‘The Good, The Bad & The Ugly’ for the restored long edition to be really unconvincing, and that team had two of the original cast … God knows what Eastwood thought he was doing with the voice … he sounds like he’s trying to add a southern twang to his delivery … and he doesn’t even sound like himself. Timothy Olyphant or Jim Carrey do a better Clint impression than Clint does :rofl:

2 Likes

They had it scheduled for April 26, so I checked a couple of weeks before and according to my account ordered on the 13th.

The master seems to be pretty good quality visually.

Didn’t realise this had come out already. Everything else on my shopping list can wait a bit longer now :slight_smile: