Wild East Productions

I agree, the Koch print of California is a must own. Glad to see another release from Wild East though. :slight_smile:

I only have the NEW Entertainment version, does the Koch version look/sound much better?

Wow. Yes. The New Entertainment version is a muddy mess. You seriously need to upgrade amigo :slight_smile:

Looking forward to Ramon The Mexican :slight_smile:

Buy the Koch box set! I ended up liking California so much more than I did when I watched the NEW disc. It’s worth it for the other movies in the set, too. Those Dirty Dogs looks great.

Assumption confirmed! I can’t wait to see if Wild East’s transfer can stack up against Koch’s.

Yess! Wonder where they found a decent print? :smiley:

Basically most of Koch Media’s spaghetti western box sets are mandatory purchases.

4 Likes

I agree, I bought all three of the Italian western encylopedias. I wish they’d release more. Actually, I wish Koch would release every spaghetti! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes was wondering that myself :slight_smile:

A good copy, longer than the YouTube one and with correct AR, was shown on Italian TV (local station) some time ago.

Love California, I’m so proud of you wild east!!!

You should hack your DVD player to make it region 0 and get the Koch release!

its to hard to hack my blu ray, plus IM a wild eat collector!

Unlike the DVD encoding which is often an easily hacked software issue, the blu-ray encoding is based on hardware so you need someone to physically tinker with the machine before you buy it.

1 Like

And it’s now available for preorder at $14.95 + postage:

https://www.wildeast.net/preorder-c-9/ramon-the-mexican-california-p-272.html

Ramon and California dropped in today. There is some print damage but it’s night and day over what I’ve seen. Mike Hauss (@Djangoisme) has contributed a nice review to the DB.

California is not Koch but not bad

4 Likes

Tempted to buy California for the third time…

I’ll be happy to buy the Wild East DVD for Ramon the Mexican but fans of California should definitely get the Koch release. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I deeply appreciate what Wild East is doing, but one thing drives me nuts. As an owner of a substantial Koch Media SW collection including the Rainbow set and a number of other disks from Germany, I find I have to buy another “California” to get “Ramon the Mexican,” another “Johnny Hamlet” to get “Chaco,” another “Bounty Killer” to get “Sonny and Jed,” another “Garringo” to get “Two Crosses at Danger Pass” and so on. At $20 a pop I have to think about it.