Which CLASSIC TELEVISION Series 50s/60s/70s are you watching?

I AGREE 100% what a beautiful selection Ace High, we will try to get some photos posted
for any/each of these TV Classics. I wish we had some DVD releases of Sugarfoot, Laredo,
Then Came Bronson, The Monroes. Thankfully we have the Saint and Wanted D/Alive Dvds

The best TV-series ever in my opinion is the BBC drama series Secret Army about a resistance movement in Belgium during World War 2.

Extremely well-made, historically interesting, and not so “black and white” in it’s characterizations.

Recommended!

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:79, topic:801”]Thanks Django Sartana, excellent choice of vote I love HAWAII 5 0/JACK LORD
and am buying the DVDs now from Amazon.com , awaiting season 3 any day now :slight_smile:
The Jack Lord hairstyle is very cool/stylish. Sanford & Son I will try to watch/enquire :o[/quote]

Your welcome.
Sanford and Son is pure comedy starring Redd Foxx.

I liked Kung Fu, but chose Starsky & Hutch.

SWORD OF JUSTICE 1978 DACK RAMBO Bert Rosario

Excellent but short lived USA series about a man(Rambo) who fought for law/order/justice.

ALIAS SMITH AND JONES 1971-1972 BEN MURPHY PETE DUEL ROGER DAVIS

Light Hearted TV Western Series based on the exploits of Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid.

STAR TREK ORIGINAL CLASSIC 1966-1969 WILLIAM SHATNER DeForrest Kelley

Me and the girls were having our usual monday ‘Alias Smith and Jones’ night yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to see a guest appearance from Brett Halsey in last night’s episode. Not much screen time for him admittedly but to be honest it was the first time I remember seeing him in anything other than a spaghetti. Episode was entitled “Back to Devil’s Hole” by the way.

OPEN ALL HOURS

Lovely comedy series with one of the two Ronnies (the big one) and inspector Frost when he wasn’t frozen yet
Like most of my favourite comedies, it has a slightly melancholic undertone
The grumpy grocer and his clumsy nephew are both longing for love and sex, and will never have it
Losers, that’s what they are, but like I’ve said before: I always side with the losers

I always just thought they were a bit odd at times and probably bored most of the time.

You probably mean the actors
I don’t know, I’m watching the second season now, and it’s good fun
It wasn’t popular over here, so I don’t know how many seasons they made, but I guess quite a lot, and I can imagine that the actors got a little bored eventually …

Two great (to me the greatest) British comedy series were Fawlty Towers and The Office, and it was a good idea to limit the series to two seasons

Other British comedy series I loved (among others) are:

Dad’s Army, It aint half hot Mum, Only fools and horses, Hi di Hi (especially the first two seasons) and more recently The Worst week of my Life

Fawlty Towers is great :).

Fawlty Towers get regular re-runs on Swedish TV, it’s so funny ;D

It certainly is
I’ve seen both seasons probably ten to twelve times, I know most dialogue by heart, but I keep roaring with laughter

Years ago, when I was working for the press-bureau of a large company and was preparing, with some collegues, a press-conference and the subsequent international presention of a product, we relieved the hard labour (and the regular differences) from time to time with Basil and Manuel (‘he’s from Barcelona’) - those were very happy moments, I still remember us rolling over the floor with laughter.

A classic, if ever there was one …

I am going to SHOCK the Forum :o !!

After my serious complaints/put downs of rotten Hill/Spencer type “comedy” ruining SWS:

I have to admit that when looking for a GOOD COMEDY SHOW I have ENJOYED :

DADS ARMY (Arthur Lowe) Clive Dunn, Le Mesurier absolutely comical superb
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE ( Barry Evans) FUNNIEST Ever comedy with many Nationalities
FAWLTY TOWERS (John Cleese) His ADOLF HITLER impressions were hilarious.
PORRIDGE/OPEN ALL HOURS (Ronnie Barker) Very amusing Barker comedies.
ON THE BUSES (Reg Varney ) Saucy goings on always a good laugh.
CARRY ON FILMS (Sid James ) Very humorous , se-xy and harmless fun.
THE COMEDIANS THE ULTRA FUNNY Stand Up Classic with Stan Boardman etc

These were not Classic TV Series as such but nonetheless EXCELLENT COMEDIES. :smiley:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:95, topic:801”]I am going to SHOCK the Forum :o !!

After my serious complaints/put downs of rotten Hill/Spencer type “comedy” ruining SWS:

I have to admit that when looking for a GOOD COMEDY SHOW I have ENJOYED :

DADS ARMY (Arthur Lowe) Clive Dunn, Le Mesurier absolutely comical superb
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE ( Barry Evans) FUNNIEST Ever comedy with many Nationalities
FAWLTY TOWERS (John Cleese) His ADOLF HITLER impressions were hilarious.
PORRIDGE/OPEN ALL HOURS (Ronnie Barker) Very amusing Barker comedies.
ON THE BUSES (Reg Varney ) Saucy goings on always a good laugh.
CARRY ON FILMS (Sid James ) Very humorous , se-xy and harmless fun.
THE COMEDIANS THE ULTRA FUNNY Stand Up Classic with Stan Boardman etc

These were not Classic TV Series as such but nonetheless EXCELLENT COMEDIES. :D[/quote]

No shocks here

Forgot to mention ON THE BUSES (great!)

Don’t know MIND YOUR LANGUAGE (but I’m going to check things)

Not too fond of CARRY ON (but like you say: harmless fun)

Otherwise : TOTALLY AGREE

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:96, topic:801”]No shocks here

Forgot to mention ON THE BUSES (great!)

Don’t know MIND YOUR LANGUAGE (but I’m going to check things)

Not too fond of CARRY ON (but like you say: harmless fun)

Otherwise : TOTALLY AGREE[/quote]

Good to hear your views agreeing with mine Scherp :wink:

Amazon.co.uk has Series 1 of MIND YOUR LANGUAGE (Barry Evans) In English
I promise that if you watch this Classic Comedy, you will FALL OFF the chair laughing :smiley:
Many other comedies were good also I am sure we will mention them later :slight_smile:

BRETT HALSEY a Great SW Leading man was tall, dark, handsome & Married to BEAUTY

LUCIANA PALUZZI They worked together in 1961 , married in 1968, divorced.

Alias Smith and Jones 1971-1972 is a competent slightly light hearted Western TV Series.
Many episodes had good rich plots, notable guest stars and Duel/Murphy/Davis super.

LUCIANA PALUZZI starred in an Excellent 1959 series with David Hedison called

FIVE FINGERS But it is not yet on DVD.

WATCHING CLASSIC WESTERN TV SERIES WILD WILD WEST 1966-1969

ROBERT CONRAD star of the Wild Wild West