Which CLASSIC TELEVISION Series 50s/60s/70s are you watching?

HAWAII FIVE- 0 1968-1980 JACK LORD James McArthur Richard Denning

One of the all time classic, longest running Police Series I could watch it day and night :smiley:

JACK LORD is an all time TV Series Hero, Great screen presence, dignity, charm, honesty. The Hawaii Five-0 team comprised also wonderful support from McArthur.

HAWAII an island of paradise, beauty, exotic attractions is the setting for this CULT TV.

My Vote For HAWAII FIVE-0 is 18 out of 20 :smiley:

PS. Sorry the POLL was meant to allow 5 votes but it seems to allow only 1. :-\

I am not currently watching it but I love that series “Rawhide” with Clint Eastwood. Haven´t seen all of it, only the first 20 or 30 episodes. It´s great to see the young Eastwood in this classic. Poor thing is I have never seen it in normal TV in Germany, only on Pay-TV.
I am more concentrating on radio series of the 50s especially (The Six Shooter with Jimmy Stewart etc.). Those are really wonderful.

I do not understand what yoo mean; what is exactly the difference in watching it on normal TV or on Pay-TV ?

I saw series like Rawhide and Gunsmoke on German TV when I was a kid. German television was more lenient than Dutch/Belgian television in those days and showed such series in the afternoon. They were dubbed in German, so the first lines I heard from Clint might well have been spoken in that language. I remember Gunsmoke was called Rauchende Colts, but don’t remember the German name of Rawhide.

The Wild Wild West-(the coolest western ever)
Star Trek (the original and still the best)
Have Gun Will Travel ( Richard Boone, bad ass hero)
Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter, drop dead beautiful)

just to name a few favorites

[quote=“Phantom Stranger, post:4, topic:801”]The Wild Wild West-(the coolest western ever)
Star Trek (the original and still the best)
Have Gun Will Travel ( Richard Boone, bad ass hero)
Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter, drop dead beautiful)

just to name a few favorites[/quote]

WONDERFUL Phantom The WILD WILD WEST 66-69 / STAR TREK 66-68

I have both those on DVD and they are both pure GOLD :smiley:

Also Have Gun Will Travel and Wonder Woman I have the DVDS, great series.

Why only ‘50s/60s/70s’? Why 80s aren’t included? i love “Miami Vice” and “Magnum PI” :slight_smile:

Because the “generally accepted” and “definition” of CLASSIC TV Series is 1950-1979 :smiley:

I AGREE with that 100% as most of my favourite TV series are 1955-1978 . :o

Having said that I liked a little bit ;D Thomas Magnum and his easy going Hawaii fun.

If you wish to post any 80s please feel free , nobody will bite you :wink:

I realy like to watch “Land of the Giants” and the 60s “Batman” series :slight_smile:

Me too, altough I haven’t seen Land of the Giants in ages. The old Batman series is being re run here in the UK at the moment though and it’s been a real joy to watch my family enjoying as much as I did when I was a nipper. Biff!! Zzonkk!! Kpow!! Great stuff.

I watched The Avengers last night.
A story about astronomists getting killed with a laser.
Some other astronomist, who was nearly blind, was the perpetrator, for a reason that was left more than a bit obscure.
But John Steed and Emma Peel solved the case in time.
As a child I found Emma terribly sexy.
She has’t changed a bit in all those years.

Yes, I like The Avengers as very original and alot of it is still to this day.

And I don’t even mind The New Avengers with all that 70’s fashion going on and that theme music.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:10, topic:801”]As a child I found Emma terribly sexy.
She has’t changed a bit in all those years.[/quote]
Really?
Age catches up with everybody.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:12, topic:801”]Really?
Age catches up with everybody.
[/quote]

Wow, and that in a few hours.
Yesterday night she was still looking soooo sexy …
What did you do to her, lieutenant?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:3, topic:801”]I do not understand what yoo mean; what is exactly the difference in watching it on normal TV or on Pay-TV ?

I saw series like Rawhide and Gunsmoke on German TV when I was a kid. German television was more lenient than Dutch/Belgian television in those days and showed such series in the afternoon. They were dubbed in German, so the first lines I heard from Clint might well have been spoken in that language. I remember Gunsmoke was called Rauchende Colts, but don’t remember the German name of Rawhide.[/quote]
Here you got the normal public TV (ARD + ZDF) where everybody pays for, then cable TV with commercials for free and you got special pay TV (like in the USA I think), you don´t have that damn commercials but pay a special price. Isn´t it normal everywhere?
Rawhide is called “Tausend Meilen Staub” nowadays on German but I really gotta have it on DVD.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:13, topic:801”]Wow, and that in a few hours.
Yesterday night she was still looking soooo sexy …
What did you do to her, lieutenant?[/quote]
I remember an episode of Married with children and Al’s fascination with Diana Rigg, tracking down some obscure video tape with her in it. To Al’s horror -his whole fantasy about her ws ruined- it turned out to be some of her more recent work. Your nostalgic (sentimental?) remarks about Rigg seem very similar, that’s why I posted it.

[quote=“Chico Martino, post:14, topic:801”]Here you got the normal public TV (ARD + ZDF) where everybody pays for, then cable TV with commercials for free and you got special pay TV (like in the USA I think), you don´t have that damn commercials but pay a special price. Isn´t it normal everywhere?
Rawhide is called “Tausend Meilen Staub” nowadays on German but I really gotta have it on DVD.[/quote]

That was not my question. Cable + Pay TV work the same way here.
But you said you are sorry you have only seen Rawhide on Pay TV, not on normal TV, so I wondered whether they made cuts on Pay TV or something like that.

Tausend Meilen Staub - a nice title.

Ah, now I understand.
You are talking about Diana Rigg, I was talking about Emma Peel.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:16, topic:801”]That was not my question. Cable + Pay TV work the same way here.
But you said you are sorry you have only seen Rawhide on Pay TV, not on normal TV, so I wondered whether they made cuts on Pay TV or something like that.

Tausend Meilen Staub - a nice title.[/quote]OK. I meant I have never seen it running in “Open” TV, only on PayTV. It´s not a series they repeat every year.
Other thing is I am only watching PayTV because I hate every interruption by commercials plus they cut things like they want. You must know when it comes to PayTV, Germany is a third world country, things are getting better slowly…
I especially love the soundtrack of Rawhide, knew the music my whole life

Looking through my collection I remembered I also have:

“Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea”(corny but fun)
“Dark Shadows”
“Charlie’s Angels"
Wanted: Dead Or Alive” (Steve McQueen: Mr.Cool)

more later

The Streets of San Francisco was pretty good and of course Columbo.