What is your favorite shooting iron?

A back ground check is required when you purchase a weapon.certain guns are not permitted for sale in certain states california being the most strict.states have different carry laws in Texas you can carry a gun on you if you have a concealed handgun permit.

If anybody over there in Europe is interested in US gun laws and practices, you will be shocked by Michael Moore’s very good documentary “Bowling for Columbine”. Very insiteful.

Haven’t seen this documentary, but you certainly have a different society and culture in the US compared to many European countries regarding firearms.

This goes back a long time I believe, guns are everywhere, this is freedom to you guys. You don’t change this overnight :wink:

Ok, a background check is needed, but no proof you can handle a gun safely, you don’t need to take a training course?

In Sweden where I live there is a lot of weapons too actually, people use weapons for hunting, and there are shooting clubs. But the laws are strict, you need permits and memberships, and so on.

I did a lot of shooting in my military service, and I’ve also been what you’d call a “weekend warrior” in the Homeguard :smiley:

I have to bring up a few things from the documentary. Moore buys a gun from a bank only to ask them if it semms a little dangerous. Then he talks to a community where the residents have to own guns to live there!

Sucks! End of Quote!

In some states you need a firearms ID card to buy a gun. That is a state law not a federal law.
If you want to buy a gun from a FFL Dealer, you have to do an FBI back ground check at the point of purchase. If a gun is made before 1898 then it’s an antique and exempt from federal law.
So you don’t need a background check. Muzzel loading and cap & ball revlovers are exempt also.
Antiques can be shiped through the mail to buyers. You have to check local (state) laws to see what your state law allows. As far as Bush making it easier he just never passed anything new. The gun laws in this country are not inforced. The criminals have all the rights. We need the laws inforced is the problem. My state is just fine. I have to do background checks, and need a cary permit. That’s enough for me. If it changes, I’ll move. If it wasn’t for the NRA we would have anything. I’ll stand on that one.

Michael moore the model for honest documentary film making ::slight_smile:

He definitely presents his films with a bias but the people he interviews speak for themselves. He talks about real events and people.

1+

This is what I think on the subject:
No one is holding a gun to anyones head in the US to own a gun,
so don’t hold one to mine to tell me not to. It’s still a free country.

…“to disarm the people-that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”-George Mason

No one is saying you shouldn’t be allowed to own guns in the US, but to me it just seems too easy to get hold of them, after all guns are not toys even if you have fun with them :wink:

No wonder you have all these shoot-outs by crazy people in the States

And I can imagine there are a lot of injuries or deaths caused by accidental gunshot wounds from inexperienced shooters

But like I said this is your culture and society, it’s not likely to change

Yes. I believe it is a fact that America has the most gun related deaths in the world. It is way too easy to get them and it is also a fact that Americans who own guns are the most to get shot by their own guns. If a robber breaks in at night, will someone with a gun be able to wake up enough to grab their gun and shoot the robber? Doubtfully. They would probably shoot a family member or have the gun taken away and shot themselves. Like I said. Watch Bowling for Columbine. It is a factual documentary despite Moore’s obvious bios. There was a case recently where a infant child of 7 or 8 blew his own head off with an uzi! Thats right, in America, even toddlers are allowed to fire Uzis!

I think this should paint a clear picture of my beliefs on gun control in America and I am aware that others will disagree but I mean NO offense and hope this will not be taken the wrong way.

I could produce thousands of examples of citizens whose lives were saved because they were armed,but i wont waste my time you can look it up yourself if you cared to.the fact is you have your view and i have mine and nothing will change that.(but im right) ;D

Well, guns sure didn’t save the lives of all those poor henchmen in Spaghettis. :wink:
I figure that your right. Neither one of us will ever change the others mind. I suppose that is the nature of common man. Or a stuborn one such as myslef.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:51, topic:1437”]No one is saying you shouldn’t be allowed to own guns in the US, but to me it just seems too easy to get hold of them, after all guns are not toys even if you have fun with them :wink:
No wonder you have all these shoot-outs by crazy people in the States
And I can imagine there are a lot of injuries or deaths caused by accidental gunshot wounds from inexperienced shooters
But like I said this is your culture and society, it’s not likely to change[/quote]

The fact is there is a lot of people that don’t want any guns in the US. (Global Disarmament) spell that UN! All the numbers that you read concerning gun deaths and accidents are exaggerated. That has been proven time and time again. Yes, guns are not toys but neither is alcohol and automobiles. But it’s the number One killer in the United states. Maybe there should be an FBI background check to buy a car? Do you drink and drive responsibly? I handle my guns that way.

Well, cars are not meant to be dangerous but yes they can be. Guns are meant to be dangerous or atleast do harm.

Hey jh, what do you use that Bushmaster for? i mean, I’ve got shotguns to hunt birds and a rifle to bring down a deer, but I wouldn’t know what the heck I’d do with that Bushmaster

I’ll let Allan Ladd handle this one…
Shane: A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

touche

Anyways back on topic again…
Here she is Josie Wales would be proud!
4 lbs+ and 44cal. About 50 gr of 3fg should do it up right.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]