What is your favorite shooting iron?

[quote=“AceHigh, post:57, topic:1437”]Hey jh, what do you use that Bushmaster for? i mean, I’ve got shotguns to hunt birds and a rifle to bring down a deer, but I wouldn’t know what the heck I’d do with that Bushmaster[/quote]well first of all a gun can be used strictly for fun ,shooting bottles watermelons etc.its not always about hunting or self defense. But yes i use my ar 15 for hunting , people see a gun that looks looks a certain way and assume is only purpose is combat. i suspect you think an ar 15 is a powerful "machine "gun the fact is its a semi auto matic and shoots a 223.shell which is “weak” compared to your average hunting rifle.when i shoot hog or deer i use my 30/30 a much more powerful gun .the average person when shown a 30/30 next to a ar 15 would i bet be predisposed to assume the ar15 were the more “deadly” simply because its based on a combat rifle.but the fact is it is basically a glorified varmint gun. i use it because i like it.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Here’s one of my non cowboy favorites and I like shooting this puppy.
I just love the "cling " sound when it throws the eclip out.

It does get nasty sometimes …

Its funny the way people judge a gun by how it looks rather than what it can do. I had a terrible time trying to license a .22-250 rifle because it had a black carbon fibre stock. I eventualy swapped it for a wooden stock and hey presto! the police no longer had a problem with it. I can only imagine the reaction I’d have gotten if I tried licensing a Bushmaster! Probably end up in a cell charged with terrorist activities - unless the Bushmaster was painted bright pink!!!

Just bought a Mossberg model 464 30-30 lever action a week ago. Love at first sight. Now to take it out and try it…

Deer, beware this fall!

[quote=“Pacificador, post:65, topic:1437”]Just bought a Mossberg model 464 30-30 lever action a week ago. Love at first sight. Now to take it out and try it…

Deer, beware this fall![/quote]

Sweet! The old 30-30 has put more venison on the plate than any other caliber.
I haven’t bought a single gun this year. I’m slipping. I did however buy my Daughter a Ruger GP-100 357 stainless w/3" barrel for her first gun. She realy likes it.

Yeah, I haven’t bought a new gun for a few years now…I guess the SW purchases have taken precedence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a beautiful Browning .270 bolt action I sold to the father in law a few years back that I really miss. Maybe I’ll buy it back when I have the coin…

I had a Ruger ultra-light in 270 and it shure was flat shooting! Because it was so light weight it kicked like a mule. But I sold too. I just completed all my paper work for an M-1 Garand through CMP. I sent it out a month ago and they just cleared me the other day. Now it’s another 60-90 days till it’s shipped. They have been swamped sense last December. Oh well, at least I’ve been cleared and now I’ve got a customer number. A true test of patience.