What is your favorite shooting iron?

And here is the holy cross(bow) from the armory of The Priory of the Sacred Apples
Never used in anger - 'scept to shoot the odd apple for the cider manufacturing … ;D
And may I add, that no real Barbies were hurt in the production of this photo :wink:

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I was shot point blank in my eye socket. Just missed my eye but hit the bone. Also shot point blank in the chest and then shot my brother in his ass.

My friends brother had a Colt .45 airsoft gun and he chased us about 5 miles with it.

We have guests staying with us at the moment from New Zealand and yesterday we took them to Greenwich for the day to visit the Royal Observatory and the National Maritime Museum. At the latter I was very taken with a particular exhibit. A seven barreled Volley Gun from the time of Lord Nelson. I can’t help but feel this little baby would have been right at home in a Spaghetti Western brandished by William Berger or the like.

Not a very good picture I’m afraid but here is the link to it’s museum page

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/collections/nelson/viewObject.cfm?ID=AAA2519

Actually this shows it off a bit better

http://www.95thrifles.com/95th/history/articles/nock-gun/

It sure would! Those things fired all 7 barrels at once, so sore shoulder ahoy!

Er… aren’t you supposed to wear safety glasses? I’m not one of these health and safety freaks, but I wouldn’t shoot without them, especialy airsoft or paintball where you are being deliberately shot at!

That does look like the inspiration for Berger’s 7 barreled gun in No Room to Die - ‘scept his didn’t fire all at once. Nice to know that there is some historical precedent for some of the sillier fire-arms tho’.

[quote=“Phil H, post:24, topic:1437”]Actually this shows it off a bit better

http://www.95thrifles.com/95th/history/articles/nock-gun/[/quote]

The Nock’s volley is indeed the inspiration behind Berger’s weapon. ALthough berger uses it as if it was a repeating rifle, as he never seems to run out of bullets!

Than again, I’ve always wondered the same thing about Django’s Machine gun. That thing has bullets leaking out of its ears!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:27, topic:1437”]The Nock’s volley is indeed the inspiration behind Berger’s weapon. ALthough berger uses it as if it was a repeating rifle, as he never seems to run out of bullets!

Than again, I’ve always wondered the same thing about Django’s Machine gun. That thing has bullets leaking out of its ears![/quote]

I love this part of the gun’s description where they are refering to it’s power of recoil and flaring gunpowder:

"The psychological effect on a body of men faced with such a weapon in the hands of an antagonist is roughly the same as the trepidation felt by the prospective firer "

:smiley:

Have two shotguns, both 12 gauge, both side-by-side, one is an old Stevens model 311 and the other is a Browning. Both are good bird guns.

Check out Richard Widmark (As Jim Bowie) in John Wayne’s Alamo. That’s a real Nock’s volley rifle he has in all the scenes. It’s been awhile but I believe he lets it loose at least once in the movie.

[quote=“Cian, post:25, topic:1437”]It sure would! Those things fired all 7 barrels at once, so sore shoulder ahoy!

Er… aren’t you supposed to wear safety glasses? I’m not one of these health and safety freaks, but I wouldn’t shoot without them, especialy airsoft or paintball where you are being deliberately shot at! [/quote]Well, yes I should have been wearing goggles but what happened was he was handig it to me and it went off. OW!

I have a ruger 357,a colt 45,a winchester centennial '66 edition 30/30,3 shotguns,a .22 rifle and soon hope to own a ruger blackhawk .45. but this is my favorite and most used -Bushmaster AR-15

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Quite the arsenal. :o

What do you use that Bushmaster for?

I just bought a ASM 3rd Model Dragoon 44 . It should be here Tomorrow.
Can’t wait to blast away with it.

Very strict gun law here in the U.K, so only own a Colt.45 water pistol.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:36, topic:1437”]Very strict gun law here in the U.K, so only own a Colt.45 water pistol.[/quote] Can you own a cap and ball revolver if you belong to a club? How much red tape is there to do?

These links explain things better than I could:

http://www.gunrunner.cc/firearms_laws.htm

What are the current gun laws in the US then?

I suppose it differs between states, but can any clown still just walk into a gun store and buy a firearm without a permit? ::slight_smile:

I am in no way qualified to answer accurately but our gun laws are very lax from my understanding but my understanding is very limited. I do believe you need a permit but Bush has made it easier to get guns I think.