What is your favorite shooting iron?

(Cheyenne) #1

What is your favorite shooting iron? It can be anything that shoots. Handgun, rifle, shootgun, even air gun or Co2 powered. Post pics if you like.
Mine is a third generation Colt SAA in 45 LC, blue & case colored, 4 3/4 barrel, hard rubber grips with a Bob Mundon action job. The trigger breaks at 4 lbs like glass. Just sweet. I also have an early Colt double action Army Special in 32-20, with a 4" barrel. It’s a really neat little double action that shoots dead on. Pics later.

(Pacificador) #2

.44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver.

S&W model 5946 9 mm pistol.

.308 Remington, bolt action rifle.

Winchester model 94 30-30 lever action rifle.

(korano) #3

I’ve always liked the classic colt peacemaker with full length barrel.

Schoefield Smtih and Wesson

Remington army single action army

Colt Navy

(Dillinger) #4

I only got a squirt gun… but it’s red and it almost looks like a Peacemaker!

(Reverend Danite) #5

I got a Barnett Commando (self cocking) Crossbow - come the revolution ;).

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #6

Just a fantasy but…

Buntline special 16’ barrel with the skeleton shoulder stock

I think it would’ve made a great substitute for a period carbine because you can use the same 45 rounds that you use with your conventional colt 45.

I want one!

(Cheyenne) #7

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:6, topic:1437”]Just a fantasy but…

I think it would’ve made a great substitute for a period carbine because you can use the same 45 rounds that you use with your conventional colt 45.

I want one![/quote]

There still out there but getting hard to find now. There used to be lot of replicas around but I haven’t seen one offered for quite a while. Colt made a second generation Wyat Earp model with a shoulder stock. They come up at auction once in a while

(Yodlaf Peterson) #8

Don’t really know but something about a Mausberg oozes power!

(Cheyenne) #9

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:6, topic:1437”]Just a fantasy but…

I want one![/quote]
Now you have me interested. Dam It! I have a friend who had a Buntline but I can’t remember if it had a sholuder stock. I sent him an email anyway. Going to a gunshow Saturday…Now I’ve got the bug. Hopefully it will pass.

(Bill san Antonio) #10

Like I said earlier, I never managed to get a hold of a real gun, so maybe this is my favorite then:

:wink: But hey, paintball is fun!

(Cheyenne) #11

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:10, topic:1437”]Like I said earlier, I never managed to get a hold of a real gun, so maybe this is my favorite then:

:wink: But hey, paintball is fun!

And it leaves big welts and hurts like hell. I never tryed it. Just plain chicken.[/quote]

(Cheyenne) #12

Here’s my 2 of my favorite wheel guns.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

(Cheyenne) #13

Guess I don’t know how to get two on one post?

Don’t know how that happened?

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

(Bill san Antonio) #14

[quote=“Cheyenne, post:11, topic:1437”]And it leaves big welts and hurts like hell. I never tryed it. Just plain chicken.[/quote]I don’t think it hurts that much. Unless you get shot in the groins and you’re not wearing jock belt.

(Cheyenne) #15

I worked with a couple guys that used to come in to work on a Monday with big black and blue welts that played paintball. Of course they were not wraped too tight…

(Bill san Antonio) #16

[quote=“Cheyenne, post:15, topic:1437”]I worked with a couple guys that used to come in to work on a Monday with big black and blue welts that played paintball. Of course they were not wraped too tight…[/quote]Yeah, I know. Those welts and bruisings might look bad but actually it doesn’t hurt that much. At least i didn’t ever think that way.

(alk0) #17

My friend knows a guy that got shot in the groin in such an unfortunate way that he lost his testicle and he was wearing a jock belt

(Cheyenne) #18

Now that really is no fun at all. OUCH!

(Cian) #19

That’s really unlucky. I got a paintball in the kneecap at point blank range once and the pain was excruciating. The thought of one in the family jewels brings tears to my eyes!

(Cian) #20

My favourite ‘I wish I had one of those’ guns would have to be a Colt Navy. Failing that, I’ll take any good quality original cap’n’ball revolver. My favourite that I have actualy owned was 1913 Luger '08 complete with Imperial German Army stamps. Unfortunately I had to sell it to a foreign collector, the cops didn’t like it :frowning: