What is your favorite shooting iron?

What is your favorite shooting iron? It can be anything that shoots. Handgun, rifle, shootgun, even air gun or Co2 powered. Post pics if you like.
Mine is a third generation Colt SAA in 45 LC, blue & case colored, 4 3/4 barrel, hard rubber grips with a Bob Mundon action job. The trigger breaks at 4 lbs like glass. Just sweet. I also have an early Colt double action Army Special in 32-20, with a 4" barrel. It’s a really neat little double action that shoots dead on. Pics later.

.44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver.

S&W model 5946 9 mm pistol.

.308 Remington, bolt action rifle.

Winchester model 94 30-30 lever action rifle.

I’ve always liked the classic colt peacemaker with full length barrel.

Schoefield Smtih and Wesson

Remington army single action army

Colt Navy

I only got a squirt gun… but it’s red and it almost looks like a Peacemaker!

I got a Barnett Commando (self cocking) Crossbow - come the revolution ;).

Just a fantasy but…

Buntline special 16’ barrel with the skeleton shoulder stock

I think it would’ve made a great substitute for a period carbine because you can use the same 45 rounds that you use with your conventional colt 45.

I want one!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:6, topic:1437”]Just a fantasy but…

I think it would’ve made a great substitute for a period carbine because you can use the same 45 rounds that you use with your conventional colt 45.

I want one![/quote]

There still out there but getting hard to find now. There used to be lot of replicas around but I haven’t seen one offered for quite a while. Colt made a second generation Wyat Earp model with a shoulder stock. They come up at auction once in a while

Don’t really know but something about a Mausberg oozes power!

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:6, topic:1437”]Just a fantasy but…

I want one![/quote]
Now you have me interested. Dam It! I have a friend who had a Buntline but I can’t remember if it had a sholuder stock. I sent him an email anyway. Going to a gunshow Saturday…Now I’ve got the bug. Hopefully it will pass.

Like I said earlier, I never managed to get a hold of a real gun, so maybe this is my favorite then:

:wink: But hey, paintball is fun!

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:10, topic:1437”]Like I said earlier, I never managed to get a hold of a real gun, so maybe this is my favorite then:

:wink: But hey, paintball is fun!

And it leaves big welts and hurts like hell. I never tryed it. Just plain chicken.[/quote]

Here’s my 2 of my favorite wheel guns.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Guess I don’t know how to get two on one post?

Don’t know how that happened?

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

[quote=“Cheyenne, post:11, topic:1437”]And it leaves big welts and hurts like hell. I never tryed it. Just plain chicken.[/quote]I don’t think it hurts that much. Unless you get shot in the groins and you’re not wearing jock belt.

I worked with a couple guys that used to come in to work on a Monday with big black and blue welts that played paintball. Of course they were not wraped too tight…

[quote=“Cheyenne, post:15, topic:1437”]I worked with a couple guys that used to come in to work on a Monday with big black and blue welts that played paintball. Of course they were not wraped too tight…[/quote]Yeah, I know. Those welts and bruisings might look bad but actually it doesn’t hurt that much. At least i didn’t ever think that way.

My friend knows a guy that got shot in the groin in such an unfortunate way that he lost his testicle and he was wearing a jock belt

Now that really is no fun at all. OUCH!

That’s really unlucky. I got a paintball in the kneecap at point blank range once and the pain was excruciating. The thought of one in the family jewels brings tears to my eyes!

My favourite ‘I wish I had one of those’ guns would have to be a Colt Navy. Failing that, I’ll take any good quality original cap’n’ball revolver. My favourite that I have actualy owned was 1913 Luger '08 complete with Imperial German Army stamps. Unfortunately I had to sell it to a foreign collector, the cops didn’t like it :frowning: