What is the worst film you have seen at the cinema (so far)?

Are you kiddin? Of course I know the movie and know who HAL is!
And BTW, HAL doesn’t go mad.

Then why does he try to kill everybody?

Because in HAL’s opinion the mission is in danger because of the astronauts. HAL is able to fulfill the mission without them, therefore he decides to kill them.

I seriously doubt the programers ordered him to do that. It’s pretty clear that Hal took it in to his own (electronic) hands. He was obviously haywire.

There’s no need to apologize

I’ll rewatch the film and see if it hasn’t improved imo
If it hasn’t I’ll write some my ideas about it in the ‘horror section’, could be the beginning of a fruitful discussion.

We should probably do that from time tot time: pick a movie, preferably a controversial one, and discuss what we like or don’t like

About kubrick: I’m always a bit in doubt about the man and his work. Great directional skills of course, and some of his films are among my all-time favourites, especially Paths of Glory, Clockwork Orange and Spartacus. Other movies are okay, but seem to me a bit cold and clinical, like Barry Lyndon, Lolita or Full Metal Jacket. And then some of them I just don’t like, like 2001 and The Shining. Like Dillinger said, 2001 is a great viewing experience, it’s a cinematographic trip, but I find the whole affair a bit shallow, more form than substance, more packing than content. But I guess that’s just me: I’m always looking for meaning, for ideas

It was a well-reviewed documentary entitled “Crumb,” the story of the hippie cartoonist (Mr. Natural, Big Brother’s Cheap Thrills album cover, Zap) and (an understatement) his peculiarities and his dysfunctional family. Deeply disturbing and then finally it put BOTH of us to sleep!

I requested (only half-jokingly) a refund after seeing “The Jerk.”

I walked out of “Pink Flamingos.”

trash indeed. it’s shock for shock’s sake… junk if you ask me.

[quote=“Major Clyde, post:46, topic:1959”]I walked out of “Pink Flamingos.”[/quote]Great movie, fucking awesome… but you need some weed to really appreciate it.

Haven’t been to the cinema for years now but used to go regularly with a friend and the worst ones for me were X Men and Terminator 3. OH and back when i was a lot younger i agreed to go to with my cousin to see Dirty Dancing…that had to be one of the worst decisions i ever made…

Wait, just remembered Species 2…

Sounds depressing.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:41, topic:1959”]Are you kiddin? Of course I know the movie and know who HAL is!
And BTW, HAL doesn’t go mad.[/quote]
We are (as usual) going off topic but does anyone besides me know why the computer was named HAL? OK, since the answer can simply get googled, I’ll talk. The letters are one letter off from IBM. Playing off the public’s fear of computers taking over the world of course.

That sounds like a good thread.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,2226.new.html#new

And what a good movie to start, although I feel you will have a hard time finding allies in your views. Very radical Sherp! You don’t like 2001 either? Wow. I like you’re style.

:smiley:

One of my friends put this on a long time ago and I actually got mad about it and turned it off… haha, I laugh every time I think back about it and how much my perceptions have changed… I’ve since gotten ahold of it on DVD but been waiting for that ehm, special occasion to give it a proper viewing

What happened?

They didn’t program him to kill, that’s right. For him the mission was the most important thing and this was the result.

Well…not much apart from having my soul destroyed by sitting thru that pile of crap. Could have done without my cousin’s loud running commentary though, and the fact that during the trailers (one for a horror film) she stood up and screamed very loudly. Still, at least i didn’t get thrown out of this one…

This one, hmmm… does this mean you’ve been thown out of another movie?

terminator salvasion
i sleep after the 40 minutes! total loser of sci-fi :o

I saw Terminator Salvation in the cinema and it was not as bad as Terminator III, which I also saw in the cinema. I thought Van Helsing was pretty dreadful. The Wolverine movie was horrible as well. Hugh Jackman has made some rubbish. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Daredevil were both disappointing. God, there are so many shitty movies I’ve seen at the cinema…

I’ve been talked into seeing some really crappy movies also. A few that come to mind: GI Joe, Are We Done Yet and The Family That Preys… But not anymore! I’m not going to see any new movies (At least not Hollywood movies)

Kazaam starring Shaquille O’Neal which I saw in an almost empty cinema when I was 12 lol. Indiana Jones 4 was pretty bad too.