What is the worst film you have seen at the cinema (so far)?

I know you guys are gravedigging an old topic, but I can’t resist…

He. Had. The time of his life.

Luckily, after bitching about it, I got my money back with Indiana Jones 4 as we had to leave the cinema due to a fire alarm 15 minutes before the end.

As young teen I always lived near those little suburban cinemas with old copies from movies with more than 10 years at the time, all of those closed down after the video rental age started, anyway always had stuff like the Bronx Warriors Cannibals that kind of material, as we could not see the Cicciolina stuff (well not quite) we had to be satisfied with John Saxon, Chris Mitchum etc, I saw movies like Goma 2 Sturmtruppen, even Inglourious Basterds was common from time time (althought I never saw that one in the cinema), go figure at the time never crossed my mind that all would become “classics”.

So the worst, I do not know if it’s the worst I saw but I real felt robbed at the time, after seing those posters on the cinema wall, they really promissed a lot, I’m talking about the Le monache di Sant’Arcangelo like I said don’t know if it was the worst, but I really was expecting to see Ornella Mutti (and the other girls) doing a lot more, I couldn’t care less about who Luc Merenda was, so it was a real disappointment, those we never had with a Traci Lords flick

The Fast and the Furious - what a piece of shit, I can’t fathom how there is now 5 of the damn things.

[quote=“Cat Stevens, post:61, topic:1959”]I know you guys are gravedigging an old topic, but I can’t resist…

He. Had. The time of his life.[/quote]
some times it’s good to remeber old topic’s after all SW team create them :slight_smile:

really crap i don’t now how they made such a crap and also the second part :-\

The 3rd instalment of The Godfather bored me to extreme.

Might have said this before, but never mind: I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey when I was about fourteen years old in cinema
I was bored to death, and the film just went on forever.
Why didn’t I leave? Well, I’m a Dutchman, and like the Scots, we’re avaricious to the extreme: I had payed for the full movie, so I stayed untill the bitter end

I’ve seen the movie again a few times over the years, and I like it a bit more now, but just a bit, I still think it’s a silly bore

Re 2001:

Philistine! But I too have that thing if I’ve paid for something (be it cinema ticket or DVD), I have to watch all of it. I may have already mentioned that the worst film I saw in the cinema was Spider-Man 2.

[quote=“John Welles, post:69, topic:1959”]Re 2001:

Philistine![/quote]

Thought you were with me on this one, but I checked, it’s Frank Talby

Philistine: Nice term! If you know where it comes from, you know how old the conflict in the Middle East really is.

2001 is one of my most favourite films of all time. I would love to have been able to see it at the cinema.

There are so many Lee Van Cleef avatars running around here that it’s easy to get confused!

It’s visually impressive, and in that aspect it’s best viewed in cinema, but ironically, I liked it better on TV.
I had seen it twice in cinema before I watched it on TV, the first time (as mentioned above) when I was about 14 years old, and the second time when I was (I think) in my late twenties. I liked the story a bit beter then, but SFX-departments had made a lot of progress, and some of the scenes felt a little … what shall I say … Especially the Ape concert, preceding Strauss’ Also Sprach Zarathustra, felt a little awkward. I then watched the film one night on TV when I was home alone. It was still the time of 4:3 television, and if I’m not mistaken it was shown fullscreen. I didn’t know why I started watching, but I did and I noticed that I was entertained, in a rather peculiar way. I can’t say I really liked the movie, but it was enjoyable, and for the first time I understood why so many people are impressed by it.

After posting in this thread I remembered a few more films I saw in the cinema which were really bad.

Firstly The Sweetest Thing, which featured “the penis song”:

Secondly, The Powerpuff Girls Movie. Can’t believe I actually got roped into seeing that one.

I’m sure there’s something even worse but I’ve repressed it. I’ll keep thinking about.

Can’t agree with Scherp.
Despite the progress of FX 2001 looks still stunning in every respect (never had any problems with the ape scene, not with the special effects, not with the content). Also on the big screen, where I have seen 2001 about 10 - 15 times since 1979.
I was also bored when I watched it first, but 2 or 3 years later I suddenly thought that it was instead fantastic (exactly the same happened with OuTW [so maybe one day, Sartana68 …] ). I watched it again and was mesmerized.
One of the wonders of 2001, just like OuTW or 8 1/2 or The Wild Bunch, is that over the decades there are always new things to discover which weren’t that important on earlier viewings. and that these films can make ne shiver while rewatching them.

And of course, calling an ambitious film silly is always the best method to make a point. :wink:

The opposite too, and I have the idea it’s more popular

[quote=“Stanton, post:75, topic:1959”]Can’t agree with Scherp.
I was also bored when I watched it first, but 2 or 3 years later I suddenly thought that it was instead fantastic (exactly the same happened with OuTW [so maybe one day, Sartana68 …] ). I watched it again and was mesmerized.[/quote]

St Paul Stanton the Apostle in the road to Damascus

Yeah, it’s not fair, my first names are Simon Peter Maria (!), I studied some ancient Aramic as well as modern Arabic, my teacher was from Damascus …

[size=12pt]AND I NEVER SAW THE LIGHT ![/size]

Never viewed 2001. Never felt the desire to.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:70, topic:1959”]Thought you were with me on this one, but I checked, it’s Frank Talby

Philistine: Nice term! If you know where it comes from, you know how old the conflict in the Middle East really is.[/quote]

Call me a Philistine any day as long as it does not mean I like that movie…

I have to add the 3rd and 4th Batman movies - Batman Forever and Batman and Robin - what loads of crap.