What is the worst film you have seen at the cinema (so far)?

I’m picky what i go to see at cinema now ( because of prices,quickness of dvd release etc) apart from when i go with my son but it’s a tie for the worst film i have seen at cinema so far between " Ygor" ( thought it was terrible, ok it’s a kid’s film but even my 10 yr old son was bored, and he is easily pleased) and “Carry On Emmanuelle” the worst of the carry on films in 1978 only went to see it because the cinema showing “Phantasm” was full. what are your choices?

My worst experience at the cinema was Hannibal. I found it to be the the most mind numbing insulting piece of trash. There were so many plot holes and the storyline was complete crap. I went into the movie with an open mind but there was nothing redeeming about it. I don’t think Hopkins as great an actor as people think he is and there was nothing to keep my interest…

Runner up: From Justin to Kelly - an American Idol movie which my ex wanted to see as she was gaa-gaa for Kelly (don’t ask).

Dick Tracy. There was alot of hype re the release of this as I recall. I was bored out of my mind. Did not like anything about the film.

That is on my list of worst films as well.

Not neccesarily the worst, but certainly the most boring was 5 Days One Summer which my brother and I have subsequently always referred to as ‘5 Years One Afternoon’.

Hm, not sure about the worst of all, but I certainly got the shit end of the stick several years ago when my wife and I agreed to each pick a movie for us to see. I chose The Usual Suspects - enough said - while she made me sit through While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock.

Not a terrible film in the scheme of things, but I find anything with Sandra Bullock in a chore.

Don’t know what this says about me Phil, but I actually enjoyed 5 Days One Summer. ???

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:2, topic:1959”]My worst experience at the cinema was Hannibal. I found it to be the the most mind numbing insulting piece of trash. There were so many plot holes and the storyline was complete crap. I went into the movie with an open mind but there was nothing redeeming about it. I don’t think Hopkins as great an actor as people think he is and there was nothing to keep my interest…

Runner up: From Justin to Kelly - an American Idol movie which my ex wanted to see as she was gaa-gaa for Kelly (don’t ask).[/quote]

Hannibal was crap.

OUCH!

My worst 2 film experiences were…

1. Yentyl - Should also be enough said but there’s a back story. Was on my first date, did the ‘stretch arm’ thing to put my arm on the girl’s shoulder & got my first kiss later that night. The film was brutal but the night was good.

2. Taps - A much better movie with a worse outcome. I went with a girl. Good. Did not tell my mother. NOT SO GOOD! I left the movie to play Pac Man in the lobby only to see my mother, in a fit of rage, barreling down the movie lobby towards me.

I got my ass beat in front of my friends.

The movie (from what I saw) wasn’t that bad.

THE END

Obviously choice 1 is my choice but story 2 needed to be told.

Good stories there Idiot. Never a good night if your mom is disciplining you in front of friends.

Sadly, it probably says more about me. Maybe I should give it another go some day.

Discipline is a good choice of words :-[

I remember it like yesterday. The lobby poster was for Friday The 13th (I) & Pac Man was a new release game. The look on her face was priceless (as I’m sure mine was too)

For me, it was Timeline.

I had to look that one up on the internet. It was sooooooooooo bad and unmemorable that I forgot. Dad, Brother, and Me were bored and went to see a random movie. We had a vague interest in it (VERY vague meaning we’d watch anything!). But ti turned out to be a VEEEERRRRRYYY cheesy and verry unoriginal. I’ve not seen or heard of it since.

I usually watch every film I payed for till the end.
It only happened once that I left the cinema. It was BANDITS with Bruce Willis. Although the cast was quite promising I didn’t chose the film, it was a sneak preview.

“Spider Man 2”. Do I really need to say anymore?

ohhh man I forgot a real awful movie…

Godzilla 1998 : The WORST excuse for a monster movie. So much hype so little substance so much money wasted by all involved.

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:15, topic:1959”]ohhh man I forgot a real awful movie…

Godzilla 1998 : The WORST excuse for a monster movie. So much hype so little substance so much money wasted by all involved.[/quote]

OK, a big waste of money, but still somehow watchable.

I liked it a fair bit… but didn’t like the 3rd one.

Hannibal is still the worst with Godzilla in the top 5 of bad movies - so bad it’s good maybe.

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:18, topic:1959”]Hannibal is still the worst with Godzilla in the top 5 of bad movies - so bad it’s good maybe.[/quote]i agree frank, Hannibal is way over rated so for that matter is " Silence Of The Lambs" although that is preferable to hannibal. if you want to see a good horror film with Anthony Hopkins see MAGIC" (1978) directed by Richard Attenborough, very under rated.

Thanks I have heard good things about MAGIC.

I agree SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is a bit overrated as well.