What Is The Most Unpleasant Scene in a Spaghetti Western That You Have Watched?

the beatings of franco nero in masacre time, realy sad

1 Like

The kiss in El Puro.

Actually it is the spitting scene in My Name is Fasthand.

Really? Why?

[quote=ā€œJohn Welles, post:44, topic:2007ā€]Really? Why?[/quote]you havenā€™t seen the film, have you? :slight_smile:
Beating of Rosalba Neri from same film is pretty unpleasant also.

Thought you had seen that one John.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:45, topic:2007ā€]you havenā€™t seen the film, have you? :slight_smile:
Beating of Rosalba Neri from same film is pretty unpleasant also.[/quote]
I have
seen it, and yes, it was shocking and unexpected; but I didnā€™t feel disturbed by it.

Well, the beating and the kiss are actually in same scene so the combination of brutal killing of a girl and a homo-erotic kissing afterwards is quite disturbing.

Disturbing, yes, but not unpleasant for me.

This topic makes me realise what a high threshold for unpleasantness in films I have. I didnā€™t think anything of the violence in Blindman and itā€™s one of my favourite spaghetti westerns.

I found the comments about the rape in Duck, You Sucker! quite interesting. Itā€™s definitely a problematic scene and it does leave a nasty taste in the mouth, all the more so because the audience is encouraged to derive amusement from it.

I found the rape in Cemetery Without Crosses quite disturbing, because itā€™s so calculated and not just an act of lust. Itā€™s carried out to get revenge on the girlā€™s father, so sheā€™s completely innocent and undeserving. I think itā€™s a brilliant plot device, but unpleasant nonetheless.

The scenes in Four of the Apocolypse were Chaco murders the two lawmen then drugs everyone and rapes Bunny was somewhat unpleasant.

Iā€™d have to go with the mass rape/killing of the women in Blindman. Personally, I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s misogynistic because it is the villains who are doing this horrible act. Therefor, it makes them even more evil and is not shown to glorify it at all. On the contrary, it seems to condemn violence to women. At least in my eyes. But itā€™s still a very hard scene to watch and impossible to enjoy.

Not quite impossible. :-[

hahaā€¦ Iā€™m with you here. I donā€™t remember thinking twice about anything in Blindman, in terms of being hard to watch

edit and really spaghetties in generalā€¦ I donā€™t know if its because the level of graphic violence is pretty tame, or what, but I have a hard time coming up with anything really uncomfortable to watch in Spaghetties. Maybe Duck You Suckerā€¦ or maybe Iā€™m just forgetting

I am a bit annoyed with myself for not thinking of Four of the Apocalypse, because Fulci makes Chaco so sadistic that it is difficult viewing. Thereā€™s also the whole cannibalism thing.

I just generally didnā€™t care much for Four of the Apocalypse, so I was somewhat disinterested through the whole film

I too am usually unaffected by scenes in Spaghettis. But this thread says unpleasant and for me, it wasnā€™t exactly a pleasant experience watching that scene in Blindman. But I wasnā€™t too affected by it. But as Spaghettis go, that is probably the first that comes to mind in regards to this thread.

I guess I should clarify what I was sayingā€¦ its not that I enjoy watching rape scenes in spaghettis or anything like that, but they donā€™t tend to linger on the scenes and really draw them out, the way a lot of other exploitation genres do- that kind of scene is really hard for me to sit through. But with spaghetties, its easier to keep whatā€™s happening on an intellectual level

No need for explanation. I understand

Duck, You Sucker had a rape scene? I mustā€™ve slept through that partā€¦Iā€™ll be re-watching it over the holidays though.

For me an unpleasant scene that springs to mind is the scene that was originally cut from the US release of Django, Killā€¦If You Live Shoot! where Piero Lulli has his guts sliced into and then a mob goes digging in his guts for the gold bullets. Itā€™s a very sadistic movie but I love it for its surrealism.