What Is The Most Unpleasant Scene in a Spaghetti Western That You Have Watched?

The senseless and sadistic beating of Lou Castel in Matalo.

Lo Leigh’s heart ripping scene in Shangai Joe.

The flashback stabbing scene of the Sergeant Brown’s wife in Cut Throats Nine.

So far I have avoided Cut Throats Nine
The screenshots I found on several sites told me it was not my cut of tea, so to speak

1 Like

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:22, topic:2007”]So far I have avoided Cut Throats Nine
The screenshots I found on several sites told me it was not my cut of tea, so to speak[/quote]

You don’t miss very much. (now you have a reason to watch it :wink: )

Well, the dog does die, but it’s the sickly sentimentality that actually sticks in my craw.

In short, I was being facetious.

Actually, I’m surprised none of us has mentioned the scalping scene in Django Kill yet.

[quote=“Starblack, post:24, topic:2007”]Well, the dog does die, but it’s the sickly sentimentality that actually sticks in my craw.

In short, I was being facetious.[/quote]
Ah, right. anyhow, sentinmental killings are about ten times worse than nasty ones ;).

Yes, that was rather brutal.

I did read that in “Django Kill” that at one point, a bunch of townspeople rip this dieing guy apart as he was shot with gold bullets.

That scene is not as violent as it as it sound like. I’ve heard somewhere that they used a cow body and made it look like a mans body!

I still don’t think Django Kill is anywhere near as violent as its reputation holds… Its rather tame, in my opinion

I don’t feel so well!

If memory serves, the killing of a young boy by Luigi Vanucchi in the uncut Johnny Yuma is pretty wince-worthy.

Yes, but was that a annoyingly cute/funny character?

Massacre Time has some similar scenes. At least in the uncut version (which I’m very proud over owning ;)).

And some unpleasant scenes in Per Un Dollaro Di Gloria:

Surprisingly not!

Actually, Vanucchi’s comeuppance is pretty brutal as well.

I didn’t know these kind of children existed in films!

Yes…now that is a brutal scene.

Still have not viewed Johnny Yuma, always had the impression the film would not have anything like that in it

Was surprised myself the first time I viewed re this scene.

[quote=“Silence, post:34, topic:2007”]And some unpleasant scenes in Per Un Dollaro Di Gloria:
[/quote]
Och! (In John Wayne voice): I knew you couldn’t trust those pesky injuns!