šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

I have actually just saw django prepare a coffin! And it is so good! The music, the plot and the character! I never seen a hangman cowboy before! Is so cool! I was so excited I was jumping up and down haha! Thank you so much for this list! I love a good moody western as much as I love a comedy western!

1 Like

Halleluja gunslingers!
Iā€™m Double Cross but you can also call me Nobody-Double-El Indio-Chaparal-Cross and Iā€™m very glad to be here, since all of you are super-prepared and always share treasure infos about Eurowestern movies.

When I watch a Spaghetti Western I donā€™t need to switch audio because Iā€™m half-Italian, and Iā€™m very proud of this. I love genre cross-contamination, diversity, non-sense and movie mistakes and, when possible, do like traveling by movie locations. Sometimes I dream of the El Condor fortress, a place which Iā€™ve never visited but exists at least in movies.

I love 70s, 80s & 90s movies of any genre (western, musical, comedy, action, animated etc.). My most favorite B-movie is Double Cross directed by Franco Columbu, so my nickname is explained. My most favorite Spaghetti western is, ehm, The Good, The Bad & the Ugly, but I also love Franco & Ciccio or Trinity or Little Rita spoof westerns.

Iā€™d like to finish as some sort-of-actor who played in The Blindman: Peace & Love Companeros.

2 Likes

Ciao e Benvenuto from New Jersey Double Cross, thereā€™s loads of fun to be had here, and a lot of nice guys to chat with. I have some Italian heritage from my Paternal Grandmother, whoā€™s parents were immigrants from Napoli in, I think, the early 1900ā€™s.

I too prefer to watch my SWs with the original Italian over the English dub as Iā€™ve watched so many Italian language films over the years, Iā€™ve gotten a decent grasp of it. A good chunk of my SW DVDs and Blu Rays are German imports which usually include the original Italian and occasional original Spanish, along with the English. Something about sharing the experience of Italian audiences who first saw them back in the day in the original release language is very appealing and cool to me.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site, doublecross. Lots to enjoy on hereā€¦

2 Likes

Born and Raised in Garden State
Exit 8A
Between New Brunswick and Princeton

1 Like

I was actually born and raised in Philly PA originally, but about 3 or 4 years ago the neighborhood started going downhill and my folks and I had to move, luckily we had a place we used in the summers previously. Currently we switch between Ocean City and Somers Point.

1 Like

Welcome Fellow Half Italian

Although I Basically Think of Myself as Full Italian - Never Met My Scottish/Irish Father
My Mom was Born in Sicily
I was Brought Up Very Italian

Funny Thing - I now Live in the Poconos of PA

You Should Come See ā€œFor a Few Dollars Moreā€ at the Drive-In in Lehighton June 6th
Itā€™s Probably Only a few hours away from you
And you can camp out overnight if you like on the grounds

They Have the Largest Outdoor Screen in the USA

A few more joined up recently, welcome to @69gringo56 @SpiritoSanto @NickP @LHHMN @annubis44 @Drew @Re-Gor @nadeem

1 Like

FYI the El Condor site is still there, but, apparently so unsafe that you can no longer visit it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site, Nickā€¦lots to enjoy on here.

Hello! Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself as I just joined today. I have been using the SWDb site for awhile but finally decided to join in on the fun. I have been collecting Spaghetti Westerns and Eurowesterns for years now and am approaching 300 titles in my collection (many as parts of collections, of course). I collect them allā€¦the good, the bad, and the downright ugly! I also enjoy and collect Giallos, European Gothic Horror, as well as being a huge fan of Akira Kurosawa.

Some of my favorite off the beaten path Spaghettis are The Fogotten Pistolero, Taste of Killing, Starblack, Vengeance and Taste of Death.

I live in the Lexington, KY area and would be interested in hearing from other Spaghetti Western fans in the area.

Take care!

7 Likes

Howdy dude. A warm welcome from the wild bunch. We are happy to welcome you in our midst. Grab a chair, pour yourself some signature KY beverage and kick back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome amigo!

1 Like

Welcome aboard Amigo, love the username :+1: I too love Akira Kurosawa and his films, such a craftsman and artist.

Nice varied collection too, I have Giallos, some European Horror, Poliziotteschi films, etc. Having a Region Free Player has really opened up my horizons on films to get.

Thereā€™s lots of fun to be had here, and a bunch of nice folks to chat with ask questions of. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I couldnā€™t agree more about the Region Free Player. Many of the films I am interested in have only been released in other countries and that is especially true for Germany who has been releasing a bunch of hard to find eurowesterns over the past several years.

3 Likes

big yes we do.

Brand new here, glad that there is aplace to learn more about swā€™s

6 Likes

Welcome! As a recent addition myself, let me just suggest that you jump right in. There is a lot of interesting information and opinions here on not only SWā€™s but movies of all types.

1 Like

Welcome Amigo, thereā€™s lot of fun to be had here, and a lot of nice folks to help you out with any questions and what films to check out. Enjoy.

1 Like