šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

WELCOME. :grinning:

Thx :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome @ostermann43 @batcave1 @DaveH thanks for joining!

1 Like

A few more new folks joined today, I wanna give a warm welcome to @JAKEBOIS @Alleluja @bpjs @tbonnema @RsoBob @Brat @Wally518 @Mercenario1968 @Pushmataha @Tukkbox @Scottwach @Eldengard @GMAllan @IngoWe @Socky @Buggenhagen

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m a long time browser and just now created an account! I recently got into Spaghetti Westerns early last year and it has been an amazing journey so far! I am located in the United States, and my favorite Spaghetti Western is The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Basic I know, but man I love that movie! I recently purchased the Mill Creek 44 Spaghetti Western collection and have been slowly making my way through it. I look forward to interacting with you all!

6 Likes

Welcome on board, good sir, and what an entrance!

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Great_Silence_film_review

1 Like

Welcome on board amigo! :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

Welcome Amigo, thereā€™s tons of fun to be had here, and a bunch of fine folks to interact with.

New to the Forum for the Second Time
I Joined Back around 2009/10 but forget what name I used back then so Rejoined today

Always been a fan of Spaghettti Westerns and have seen a lot
Recently got back into watching and Searching for Ones I havenā€™t seen before
Why I came back to the SWDb
I donā€™t Collect DVDs or Blu Rays I prefer Digital Copies (Easier Storage)
I do have some DVD Sets from before Digital became Popular

3 Likes

Well we can of course try find out, but at any rate it is great you are back!

Thanks for the welcome

I wouldnā€™t worry about finding my old account, I donā€™t even remember the email address I used back then and Iā€™m Sure I donā€™t have it anymore as I have moved a few times and changed email addresses with new Internet provider each time.

Welcome also to @melek1979 @GordoWatch @jacobjake68 @teston @DaveMcA @mr_marko @sarahvista @billingsley3658 @james.abbate @shemphorowitz @ypsi-slim @Hormi @thurliman @chiefmojo0220 @griffigsw @m.van_dinther @joerg.kunze @klowesam
who hopefully say hello as well, unless some of them turn out to be spambots :slight_smile: In that case theyā€™ll be hanged up by the next tree and spit upon by Fernando Sancho

Hello, Iā€™ve been a spaghetti western fan since 1987 when I saw The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Since then Iā€™ve watched and collected over 500 spaghetti western on DVD and Blu Ray. I also collect spaghetti western posters, lobby cards, press books, and stills.

3 Likes

Welcome GordoWatch.
Feel free to share some pics of your posters, lobby cards etc. We love that kind of stuff here

2 Likes

GordoWatch

Phil beat me to it
Letā€™s see those posters etcā€¦

Love that kind of stuff

1 Like

Hi there or should I say ā€˜howdyā€™?!
Iā€™m from Durham in UK. Been interested in spaghetti westerns since approx 1980 when I saw The Good the Bad and the Ugly on BBC as a 12 year old. Bought soundtrack Camden cassette of Dollars a few years later along with the Dollars paperbacks and was hooked!! Got approx 50 films on dvd / vhs but have seen maybe 120 over the years. Remember a few were in TCM / Movies for Men a while back. Got a few posters / lobby cards / fanzines (Blood Money and Vengeance) and quite a few books - just bought Any Gun Can Play which I am trawling through. I attended the spaghetti westerns film festival in Luton a few years ago. Does anyone out there have any of the tote bags or T-shirtā€™s which they were selling there at the time as I would be really keen to buy one??? I have tuned into the podcast which is brilliant. I won the Sad Hill poster last year in one of your competitions - thanks it is great - and will be getting it (and maybe my Beyond the Law poster) framed when we are out of lockdown again. I hope to interact in the future.
Adios amigos

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am from the Netherlands, and have been collecting spaghetti westerns (and posters + books) for quite some time now (from aroud 1995). In 2009 I made a trip to Spain to see some locations (mainly Tabernas/Cabo de Gata area), I have included some pictures below. I am happy to join the spaghetti western forum.
(also collect gialloā€™s and poliziotteschiā€™s)

Maarten

9 Likes

Welcome to the site Maarten!
Thanks for the great pictures. The Spanish desert still looks beautiful.

@stevie.ward68 Nice to hear from someone else who was at the Luton event. I have very fond memories from it including a nice chat over breakfast with Chris Frayling, talking with Dan Van Husen in the bar and drinking far too much with a few other reprobate forumites from this site long into the night.

Do you have the book edited by Austin Fisher that came out of that event? Itā€™s a collection of the academic papers presented and is worth a read.

And yes, I still have all the takeaways from that weekend including the T-shirt although not sure where the tote bag is these days and Iā€™m afraid I wonā€™t sell either. Also still have my sheriffā€™s badge, brochures and signed photo from Dan. Happy memories.

5 Likes

Cheers for the reply Phil. Re the Fisher book - I hadnā€™t heard of it but I have ordered a copy yesterday from eBay and look forward to reading it. Re the festival - I took my son for the 3 days - remember plenty of Guinness. I have the tickets and programme but my sheriffs badge is generic. I didnā€™t have the courage to speak to anyone much but I did enjoy the talks (some were in truth a bit high brow and above my capacity at times) and obviously seeing the films on the big screen was a dream come true. Seeing Sir Chris was a moment too!!!

2 Likes