šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

We definitely had them in england but in the 60s. I think by the 70s they had been phased out here although they were still on sale in the states I believe.

Same with us. Parents are buggers arenā€™t they? :wink:

Phil, another item I missed out on as a child. First, the Civil War News cards, and now, Johnny West. Never heard of him. I had a G.I. Joe; probably got him in '65 or '66, but no Johnny West. Iā€™m beginning to believe I was somewhat deprived back then. This isnā€™t fair!

Here you go Phil ;D

[quote=ā€œYodlaf Peterson, post:63, topic:30ā€]Here you go Phil ;D

[/quote]

Thatā€™s the fella.
Marx made some fantastic toys in those days. Another favourite I had was a spy called Mike Hazard, complete with weapons, disguises and exploding briefcase. Ah to be seven again!

What wonders me is the French text on the box
Was the company Canadian?

I remember having seen a similar Batman, Robin and (other story line) Muhammad Ali when I was young, all with movable parts
Apparently they were too expensive for my parents ā€¦
I had multiple cowboys, indians, knights etc. but none of them with movable parts or changeable objects

Believe it or not, but smeoneā€™s working on an on-line museum:

Wow, this Johnny West stuff is marvellous. I wish we would have had toys like that :-\ ! A whole bunch of great western action figures, fantastic :slight_smile: !!! Well, I guess those never came out in Germany !? Growing up in the '70s, I remember Big Jim action figures (by Mattell) being the hit (from 1972 to the mid ā€˜80s) . They were pretty expensive though. I didnā€™t have any :ā€™( !!! Later they vanished being replaced by Barbie and Masters of the Universe :-X !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

There were even Karl May action figures around I wasnā€™t aware of !!! Have a look at: History

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:65, topic:30ā€]What wonders me is the French text on the box
Was the company Canadian?[/quote]

No, they were from West Virginia, USA I believe but there were definitely editions for the Canadian market. (So I learnt today by wasting hours on the net rediscovering these wonderful toys.)

Never heard of any of these toys and I am slightly older than Phil. Think I lived under a rock in my youth.

Hello one and all!

New to this site but I have been a fan of the Spaghetti Westerns for a few years now. So far I have collected around 50+ spaghetti western dvd and I can honestly say this is by far one of my favorite genres ever.

[quote=ā€œSartana420, post:71, topic:30ā€]Hello one and all!

New to this site but I have been a fan of the Spaghetti Westerns for a few years now. So far I have collected around 50+ spaghetti western dvd and I can honestly say this is by far one of my favorite genres ever.[/quote]
Welcome Sartana420, i hope you will enjoy your stay!

Howdy Sartana420.

Hey guys Thought Iā€™d just say Hi and this seems like the right place to do it. Iā€™ve been a fairly regular contributer on The Deuce forum since about July (as Count Karnstein) so Im lookin forward to doing the same here. Iā€™ll have a good look around the site and forum beforehand though.
I love Spaghetti Westerns especially The Grand Silence, Django Kill and Death Rides A Horse and Iā€™m lookin forward to learning a lot more about Spaghettiā€™s here. Catch you laters :slight_smile:

Welcome Karnstein, Welcome Sartana420!

@Karnstein this is the best place to learn something about SW!

Hi!
Just anothre new Gringo in town.
Keep your hand on your gun!

Cheyenne

Well, newcomers are hardly ever shot here, but Iā€™ll see what I can do

By the way: welcome to the forum!

Cheyenne: He not only plays. He can shoot too. [quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:77, topic:30ā€]Well, newcomers are hardly ever shot here, but Iā€™ll see what I can do

By the way: welcome to the forum![/quote]

Welcome Cheyenne! Nice to see another cool SW character in the forum. :wink:

Thanks! Iā€™m just feeling my way around and itā€™s really great. Iā€™m a big Once Upon A Time In The West Fan. I know itā€™s not obvious. Iā€™m looking forward to spending more time here. There is so many SWā€™s that I havenā€™t seen yet.

Cheyenne: Do you know anything about a guy going around playing the harmonica? Heā€™s someone youā€™d remember. Instead of talking, he plays. And when he better play, he talks.