🤗 Welcome to the SWDb Community!

[quote=“Lasky, post:40, topic:30”]Hi everyone

Just joined today.This site looks great and probably the best on the net for sw’s. :)[/quote]
God says so - I have it on the highest authority - Welcome Brother Lasky ;D

Warm welcome to all new unarmed gringos.

I don’t like “welcome” topics, but… Hi, my name is Munchhausen and I’m a westernholic :slight_smile:

hi everyone!!! no matter how it sounds, but: it’s great that you’re here, really, I swear

Hiya fellows and chiquitas!

New to the board and looking very forward to the resources here. Hope to be able to contribute but I have a feeling that it will take years to catch up to you all …

Anyway, I’m new to the SW arena having been recently introduced by a fellow enthusiast at work.

After watching Django, Run Man Run and Once Upon a Time in the West I could see some parallels carried over from my most beloved genre films - samurai. In any case, I knew I was hooked.

So, since the recent forthcoming demise of Xploited (very sad indeed) I selected a few others to begin with …

The Big Gundown
The Bounty Killer
Death Rides a Horse
The Great Silence
Hellbenders
The Strangers Gundown
Massacre Time

I own:

Django
Django Kill … If You Live, Shoot
Run, Man, Run
Companeros
Four of the Apocalypse
Mannaja
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West

See ya’s around …

Thought I would just swing in the Saloon and say hello.
I have been a Spag lover for many years but tended to go through periods of not watching for a long time and then getting hooked again. I recently picked up the “Dollars Trilogy” on DVD fairly cheap so once again I came under the spell of that Leone magic that so captivated me the first time I watched them. I had them separately on DVD and VHS but not the restored versions so I can now watch them in all their glory and with all those extras too.
I then came across this wonderful resource and am now determined to build up my collection based on the help and advice of like minded people who clearly love the genre as much as me. I was aware that this did not begin and end with Leone and that there were many, many others produced, but with the help of this database I can now get help to pick out some of the best and fill in the gaps in my education.
A great website and I am so glad I found it. It will take me a long, long time to work my way through the huge volume of info here!
Adios for now.

Glad to have you with us, Mejimbo! I’m sure you will fit in well as a new member here, and will no doubt have a great time. I look forward to reading many more of your posts and thoughts on the Spaghetties in the future.

Welcome Mejimbo.
You’ve come to the right place… Without this site I wouldn’t have known where to begin when I started collecting spaghettis.

Nice to have you with us Mejimbo

Welcome Mejimbo

Funny, this guy entered the forum with enthusiasm, but one week later his forum account is deleted.

Not the 1st one who started with an extremely enthusiastic post, outing themselves as great SW fans, but then they never return. One even started with naming our forum a “godsend site”, but it was not only his first but also his last post. (Maybe he was godsent himself too quickly)

Puzzling

yeah it’s sad. but that’s how web forums are, some people lose interest, or forget their passwords and don’t bother to ask, or other reasons… inactivity is a sad thing but as a forum owner i have to live with that. it would be a better world if all the registered members would actually be actively discussing with everyone

Many people are very ‘fickle’ in life…I wonder do some people want every forum member to say ‘welcome’ to them …

sometimes I send a PM to new members and welcome them personally even… ;-(

I think with many forums there are a core of people who post often and become the main contributors. Being a new boy myself here it may be some time before I have the confidence to be able to discuss in any great depth many of the topics that are put up. As I said in my first post, my passion for spaghettis really rested with Leone and though I knew there were many others I never got round to any research, until I found this superb database. I suspect many people drop away because they don’t feel able to contribute, some of the discussions are very complex and deep after all. Yes of course there are the light hearted threads but many others concern the merits of one film/director over another or some obscure film thats hard to obtain etc. For me that’s great and I am looking forward to learning but until you have seen enough for yourself it’s hard to find a way to join in and this may put some people off.

it’s definitely great to have you, and don’t feel putt off by the “expertise” of some of the longer members here, we are all just fans who love movies, nobody’s got a right to say he knows more than others, and everyone can contribute. i’m sure you’ll walk on a path from Leone to Sollima, to Corbucci, to Margheriti, etc… you’ll discover lots of movies and you can post your opinion, ask questions, get answers… I hope you enjoy your time here. Let me know if you have any questions, amigo. We’re all more like a big family here

@Mejimbo

I have to ask…is that a Johnny West Figure in your Avatar?

Hey Phil,
What do you mean? That’s me, Mejimbo, riding like hell to get to Claudia Cardinale before Henry Fonda :smiley:
I don’t really know about the name of the figure. It’s just a photo I got from the net. I wanted something a bit different.

Johnny West (and his horse Thunderbolt) was my favourite toy as a kid in the sixties. There was a whole series of them including his nemesis Chief Cherokee and later even a whole family for him including Jane West for the girls. They were the size of an Action Man (G.I. Joe for the americans among us) and came with a whole bunch of cowboy paraphenalia. Here’s a link to a site that sells them nowso you can see what I mean:

Of course, like everyone else, I passed my ones on to a younger cousin once I was too old to play with them anymore and so they have disappeared forever but, man, I wish I still had them.

1 Like

Don’t know if we ever had Johnny West here in England. I was a kid in the 70’s and I did have an “Action Man” sized doll of “The Lone Ranger” and “Tonto”. I remember pulling his mask on that first Christmas morning and snapping the strap, cue tears and pleas for help from my dad. Tonto had a cool buckskin look suit with fringes that felt so soft. Ah happy days.
I think my mum gave them away with lots of other toys one day without telling us and me and my older brother were distraught. “Well you never play with them anymore”. It would have been nice to have been consulted and we sometimes rib her about it to this day!