šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

Welcome Manuel, thereā€™s quite a bit of stuff to enjoy here. Hope you have fun here.

1 Like

A BIG welcome, Manuel.

1 Like

Hi ALL and thank you Sebastian for the welcome. Nice to join the community.

Looking forward to browsing the forums and learning some more about the genre.

Cheers :slight_smile: M@

5 Likes

Welcome, Amigo, lots to see and enjoy. Hope you have fun.

1 Like

Big welcome to @Spaghetti_Westerns

1 Like

Howdy from Finland!

I 've been a Spaghetti Western fan since I was a kid and still love them. We have an independent film studio and are filming our second Finnish Western at the moment. Thanks for the invitation!

6 Likes

Greetings!! I hope these westerns are easy to obtain. A Finn revolutionised the Hollywood quick draw gunfight, maybe Finland can shake the genre up again!

5 Likes

Thanks Ali! That would be great! :slight_smile:

Tervetuloa (I hope the Google translate is right) Amigo!! Thereā€™a a lot of fun to be had here, and many cool movies to read about.

1 Like

Welcome! Scandinavian westerns are very well welcome as well, I only know about ā€œI Dƶd Mans SpĆ„rā€ which is a Swedish film from 60s/70s.

1 Like

Speedy, great respect from this corner always for Finlandā€™s courageous, amazing stand against the Soviet Union during WWII years.

2 Likes

Greetings from Canada!

I love SWs and find them fascinating due to their cultural context, style, action, and music(RIP to Ennio Morricone, BTW; Joe Hisaishi is the only film composer to come close to him, IMO). I started with Leone and then dived into Corbucci, and then branched out into countless other SWs. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is tied with Robert Rodriguezā€™s Sin City as my favourite film of all time. I love video games, music, and am a casual anime fan. Iā€™ve been an observer of this community for over a decade now(I remember the days of SARTANA DJANGO BALLADS, lol) but just joined now.

3 Likes

Glad to have you in the community Kholdstare93!! Iā€™m sure you will find plenty of stuff to satisfy your passion and learn loads more about the genre!!
As another casual animie fan I have to ask can you see Kenomiā€™s game SUNSET RIDERS as an animie?

1 Like

I meanā€¦it definitely has some anime elements, but I donā€™t knowā€¦maybe?

1 Like

What is your favorite?

Favourite anime?

Favourite anime series would have to be Cowboy Bebop. An absolute masterpiece that examines philosophical topics such as loneliness, the meaning of life, etc. while having cool badass characters, excellent music, and intense action. Not only is it my favourite anime series, but itā€™s tied with Breaking Bad as my favourite TV series, period.

Favourite anime movie is a bit trickier, but I would probably have to go with Spirited Away. Excellent soundtrack, great worldbuilding, remarkable character development, memorable characters and sense of wonder, etc. And the train sceneā€¦OMG, it says so much without saying a word.

ā€¦ the good old times ā€¦ sigh ā€¦

ā€¦ but welcome to the show!

LOL, loved the back and forths between you two. I always go back to read them whenever I need a laugh after having a shit day.

Wow you have been lurking for a while!
Glad youā€™ve finally joined us. Welcome

COWBOY BEBOP! I saw the film first. I have seen a limited amount of the series. I saw SPIRITED AWAY at my local art house cinema. They show animie regularly. Like PONYO. I really got into STEAMBOY.
My favourite animie series is NEW DOMINION TANK POLICE. My favourite film? Mmmm probably HIGHLANDER: THE SEARCH FOR VENGEANCE.