šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

Thanks! And greetings from Finland!

1 Like

Welcome el_chivo and vamos_a_matar.

And thanks for the friendly welcome I received myself here a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

We welcome @Bandido to the gang! And a few others (tbc)

Howdy all! Life-long Leone/Morricone fan from Texas hereā€¦ have been digging deeper into the SW genre intermittently for years, but especially in the last year or so. Been lurking for months, glad to be here!!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome! I am from Canada. I think youā€™ll find the majority of people on the forum are from Europe/UK usually. Good to see you posting!

1 Like

not sure how true that is, I should investigate :slight_smile:

Update:
This year according to google analytics (that is all visitors not just users) by continent, Europe incl. Russian Federation

Screenshot%20from%202019-07-11%2008-00-00

2 Likes

The only people around here rarer than Texans probably are Italians. Not sure if that is true eitherā€¦

The key part of my statement that was removed from the quote was ā€œI thinkā€

1 Like

Hello, my name is Wild Bill, and thank you for letting me participate in this page. I have found many good spaghetti westerns on Tubi, Vudu, and YouTubeā€¦any suggestions on other free movie sites I can find good films?

3 Likes

I noticed there is a Roku channel called ā€œDraw!ā€ which focuses on spaghetti westerns. Welcome to the forums!

ā€œAmericasā€ is like saying ā€œEurAfricasā€. They should at least break it up into 2 continents.

I was surprised by one of Aldoā€™s previous posts where he mentioned that the UK didnā€™t screen SWs. I had thought everyone from UK grew up on them judging by Aldoā€™s expertise.

1 Like

well we can break it down some more of courseā€¦

by the way this is the forum, estimates if i take numbers since this february

Screenshot%20from%202019-08-08%2023-39-24

Now, the same time spain for the main SWDb looks different:

Screenshot%20from%202019-08-08%2023-40-51

1 Like

US, UK and a few others are consistent but Italy seems the most unpredictable. Finlandā€™s high placings are kind of a surprise.

I am somewhat surprised that France is on neither of these lists.

Hi everyone
Iā€™m a relatively new and young fan of spaghetti westerns and the western genre in general, got into it back in 2015-2016 right after i started diving deep into cinema at age 14, and learned that my favorite director, Quentin Tarantino, was heavily inspired by Sergio Leoneā€™s monumental work, and used many of Ennio Morriconeā€™s soundtracks from spaghetti westerns on his movies
Westerns soon became my favorite film genre, bonded with my dad over them and watched alot of movies with him back then, mostly spaghettis
I also used to lurk here alot back when i was learning about the SW/Eurowestern subgenre
Spaghetti westerns in my opinion have an unique edge and atmosphere that to this day very few movies outside of that camp been able to replicate, hard to describe, it drew me in immediately
Found my way back here (and now decided to finally make an account) after my interest in westerns (that never really went away to be honest) was reignited by Golden Kamuy, a japanese manga that iā€™ve been reading since last year, which has tons of references to spaghetti westerns, the author, Satoru Noda, being visibly very influenced by them, even calling his work an ā€˜yaminabe westernā€™. My profile picture is a character from this book.

My Top 5 at this moment, not including the Dollars Trilogy or Once Upon A Time In The West (which i consider them to be some of the greatest films of all time) since they would obviously take much of the space, would be

1 - The Big Gundown
2 - Fistful Of Dynamite
3 - Face To Face
4 - The Mercenary
5 - Death Rides A Horse

Sorry for the wall of text haha guess ill just stop here
Greetings from Brazil.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Lagos.
Glad to hear you are enjoying these films with your dad.

2 Likes

New guy reporting inā€¦
Michael from Ohio/ USA . Long time Western fan, Spaghetti or not.
Looked here for a while, decided to join the gang.
A thank you to Sebastian for the help getting here.

6 Likes

Welcome, Michael! :+1:

am very please to be there

3 Likes

Welcome amigo.