VOTE For TOP 10 Spaghetti Westerns ACTRESSES

[quote=“Lindberg, post:40, topic:804”]Here are a couple of photos of Michele Mercier, from the Angelique movies:

She looks quite different here than in Cemetery without Crosses!

[/quote]

I bought a couple of these films for my dad’s gf for Xmas. No English audio or subs, but she gets by OK with French and has been reading the books for years now. I’m hoping that when she’s watched them she’ll let me have a look! ;D

This is just a hunch but I take it that SD and Bad Lt. don’t like each other hahahaha.

Although I usually don’t really care for SW women, not because I am gay or anything, but because women are not the ones holding the gun and are usually religated to eye candy/good looking furniture in SW’s.

However I do support SD’s thread by voting for my favorites and provides hopefully a productive discussiion for those who do care about SW actresses.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:42, topic:804”]Although I usually don’t really care for SW women, not because I am gay or anything, but because women are not the ones holding the gun and are usually religated to eye candy/good looking furniture in SW’s.

However I do support SD’s thread by voting for my favorites and provides hopefully a productive discussiion for those who do care about SW actresses.[/quote]

True, most female SW roles tend to be small, but some are a little bigger though.

Michele Mercier has a relatively big part in Cemetery without Crosses, and I think she’s great in that film!

Especially in Leone’s films women are almost non-existent, except for Claudia Cardinale in OUATITW and Marianne Koch in Fistful.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:38, topic:804”]Errr, you brought up Julian Clary, not me. Keeping your wise lectures in mind, I decided to LEARN and I looked him up.
Clary aside, this poll is virtually useless. Apparently voicing this opinion makes me a homosexual? Wow, that’s insightful USA1. Yes it’s you, don’t deny that. The same way of ‘lecturing’, the same views and even the same style. Coincidence? I think not.
USA 1 says:
Many Classic Spaghetti Westerns can be ordered
direct from ITALY as they often have a superb
remastered digitally widescreen print and full running times. Companies like Trauma or BOL.IT

Being a major fan of Italian/German/Euro
Westerns I would recommend DVDS of these
all time FILM GREATS ACTORS :

RICHARD HARRISON
JOHN GARKO
FRANCO NERO
GEORGE HILTON
ANTHONY STEFFEN
MARK DAMON
GUY MADISON
JEFF HUNTER
LEONARD MANN
LUCIANA PALUZZI
TONY KENDALL
GORDON MITCHELL
WILLIAM BERGER
HUNT POWERS
WAYDE PRESTON

And mumerous other masters of westerns that
I will name later.

USA 1 says:
MADRON is a western made in 1970 in Negev desert Palestine.

It is described as a violent, dramatic tale
and pares Richard Boone with Leslie Caron.

I saw it on Uk Tv and was quite pleased, it is
not a classic as Richard Boone is not a hand-
some or very animated “leading man” but the
plot is coherent, watchable as is Leslie Caron.

I personally would NOT pay much attention to
IMDB “ratings” as most people tend to be
bigoted, badly influenced by nasty “critics”
and are easily led astray as most ratings are
BACK TO FRONT (heavy critical praise for a film usually means its stiff and poor and
when a film is dismissed or criticized it is
usually well made and quality).

USA 1 says:
LEX BARKER

Magnificent actor, athletic, handsome, charming

LEX BARKER’s marvellous WINNETOU westerns can be described as EURO WESTERNS or Spaghettis.
They were 1960s millions making high quality
western adventures based on KARL MAY’s Books.

Source: Amazon.com western forum[/quote]

Bad LT thank you very much for posting those USA1 Westerns quotes as you say there
seems to be a great “similarity” to my own views /style and the matter needs looking
into for sure. I have just spoken to a friend who uses the Amazon Forums and she
states that the problems over there were caused by a group or gang of 4 or 5
“old farts” “gang of dirty old men” all apparently over 55 who dominated/harassed
all newcomers in that forum and later left to set up a renegade Anti Amazon forum
after some new posters stood up to them and argued in favour of SWs.
I wish I was that brave :wink: :o As you know I detest controversy and am quite shy :o
You said it about your Julian Clary persona and se-xual inclinations :D.
The only minor problem with my SW Actresses poll is that i wanted to allow voters to
vote for up to 5 or 10 actresses but I think the system now allows less than that.
It is not really a “problem” anyway as we are now getting more votes and pics posted.
Oh is that pure agony for you… :smiley:

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:42, topic:804”]This is just a hunch but I take it that SD and Bad Lt. don’t like each other hahahaha.

Although I usually don’t really care for SW women, not because I am gay or anything, but because women are not the ones holding the gun and are usually religated to eye candy/good looking furniture in SW’s.

However I do support SD’s thread by voting for my favorites and provides hopefully a productive discussiion for those who do care about SW actresses.[/quote]

Thank you again Col. D.Mortimer , I wonder what makes you think Bad LT and myself
are not exactly “drinking buddies” ? :wink:
I take the point that the leading men in SW are dominant in the films but I personally
always look for and enjoy the screen presence / charm of most SW leading ladies :-*
I appreciate your voting /support and hope the thread keeps improving.

Hi Lindberg , once again my deepest thanks for posting such mouth watering pictures.
I love MICHELE MERCIER in all her films especially Cemetery Without Crosses 68 and her
entertaining Angelique films.
The photos you posted show her at her radiant best. More of Michele is most welcome :slight_smile:

That’s nice, the films are said to be really good!

I’m planning to get them myself too, I haven’t seen Michele Mercier in any other film besides Cemetery without Crosses.

MICHELE MERCIER French Leading Lady Born 1 January 1939 in Nice , France.

I have on DVD the following Michele Mercier Films:

BLACK SABBATH 1964 Boris Karloff , Michele Mercier
CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES 1968 Michele Mercier , Robert Hossein
CALL OF THE WILD 1972 Charlton Heston , Michele Mercier
WEB OF THE SPIDER 1972 Anthony Franciosa , Michele Mercier

All wonderful classic Top Films and I hope to add more soon. :smiley:

Thanks to everybody who has voted for this wonderfully detailed poll of SW Actresses.
I can confirm that so far the leading SW ladies are :
… :o well if you vote all will be revealed… :wink: :smiley:

GIOVANNA RALLI 1939 Talented, Sophisticated, Vivacious Italian Leading Lady

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:48, topic:804”]Thanks to everybody who has voted for this wonderfully detailed poll of SW Actresses.
I can confirm that so far the leading SW ladies are :
… :o well if you vote all will be revealed… :wink: :D[/quote]
Hold on … I’m comin …
So many names. Problem with the delay is this - I hardly ever take any bloody notice of actor/actresses names in films, so unless I pick them up by osmosis, I’m pretty useless.
So, at least I’m learning summat, and showing a bit of respect as well, with this research.
Before I’d have gone … “That gal in Cemetery without Crosses, that’s some powerful stuff there!”, or " How good is that lass in Find a place to Die!?", or other such insightful reviews along the lines of "Cor Blimey, thats a smashing blouse on her from Campaneros!"
Besides being a bit disrespectful, it’s a bit sad and pathetic that I don’t know my actresses very well. I know that others have seen these fine fillies in other films in other genres … giallos and sexploitation perchance, and may know them better than me. Many play, as we know, one-off or minor supporting roles in sw films and the female characters are not necessarily as ‘fleshed out’, as they might be in other genres … altho’ fleshed out is probably an appropriate term for some of these other genre roles.
In choosing my favorites, I am gonna have no choice but to put Loredana Nusciak at the top of the pile for her unforgettable roles in ‘Django’ and ‘$10,000 for a Massacre’. Rosalba Neri, Rada Rassimov, Nieves Navarro, Simone Blondell, Martine Beswick, Lynne Frederick, and Michele Mercier (that lone ‘Cemetery…’ sw role is enough to put her up there), all make the list, but I need to check out Iris Berben’s (ripped) blouse again, along with a few more things before I feel I’ve done these ladies justice.
Nearly there SD.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:50, topic:804”]Hold on … I’m comin …
So many names. Problem with the delay is this - I hardly ever take any bloody notice of actor/actresses names in films, so unless I pick them up by osmosis, I’m pretty useless.
So, at least I’m learning summat, and showing a bit of respect as well, with this research.
Before I’d have gone … “That gal in Cemetery without Crosses, that’s some powerful stuff there!”, or " How good is that lass in Find a place to Die!?", or other such insightful reviews along the lines of "Cor Blimey, thats a smashing blouse on her from Campaneros!"
Besides being a bit disrespectful, it’s a bit sad and pathetic that I don’t know my actresses very well. I know that others have seen these fine fillies in other films in other genres … giallos and sexploitation perchance, and may know them better than me. Many play, as we know, one-off or minor supporting roles in sw films and the female characters are not necessarily as ‘fleshed out’, as they might be in other genres … altho’ fleshed out is probably an appropriate term for some of these other genre roles.
In choosing my favorites, I am gonna have no choice but to put Loredana Nusciak at the top of the pile for her unforgettable roles in ‘Django’ and ‘$10,000 for a Massacre’. Rosalba Neri, Rada Rassimov, Nieves Navarro, Simone Blondell, Martine Beswick, Lynne Frederick, and Michele Mercier (that lone ‘Cemetery…’ sw role is enough to put her up there), all make the list, but I need to check out Iris Berben’s (ripped) blouse again, along with a few more things before I feel I’ve done these ladies justice.
Nearly there SD.[/quote]

Take all the time you need Rev :D, as when it comes to women one must never hurry :smiley:
I had gathered you were more intent on watching the excellent SW action, then
playing Sherlock Holmes with acting names/directors/writers etc :wink: but we have to do
justice to these fabulous girls and give them the due praise/respect/admiration :).
Your choices are perfectly good, I like them all but its your decision in the end and
the voting is coming along superbly. Even some of the minor SW actresses are being
voted/recognised and I love a so called “lesser” actress just as much as a “major” one
If you want to post some lovely photos of these SW girls , dont feel intoxicated :D…
sorry I mean dont feel inhibited ;D. The more I see of Rosalba Neri, Luciana Paluzzi etc
the better and friskier :o…sorry I mean and fresher (refreshed) I feel all over ;)…

LUCIANA PALUZZI :-* :-* 1939 SW Actress From FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO 1969

Italy’s Number 1 Star Actress Talent and Beauty LUCIANA PALUZZI

SD, that wasn’t a particularly good photo of Luciana Paluzzi, you can hardly recognise her :smiley:

Here is a better one:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:53, topic:804”]SD, that wasn’t a particularly good photo of Luciana Paluzzi, you can hardly recognise her :smiley:

Here is a better one:

[/quote]

Thanks Lindberg , I defer respectfully to your superior photographic experience and
appreciate your LUCIANA PALUZZI more “full bodied” pose. :smiley:
My photo of Luciana is a full head shot and I will take her in any shape or form :D.
Any more lovely Luciana Paluzzi photos from you are most welcome, thank you…

Geez,
Nobody seems to have mentioned Vonetta McGee. Maybe I missed it in the thread.
Two of my favorites (nobody can eat just one) are:
Michelle Mercier
Luciana Paluzzi

If you buy either of those two as reasonable candidates, Vonetta McGee can’t be disqualified because she only did one Spaghetti.

So my VOTE goes to Vonetta :wink:

With an honorable mention to the ultra hot Chelo Alonzo who practically bursts into flames in Run, Man, Run !!!

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:55, topic:804”]Geez,
Nobody seems to have mentioned Vonetta McGee. Maybe I missed it in the thread.
Two of my favorites (nobody can eat just one) are:
Michelle Mercier
Luciana Paluzzi

If you buy either of those two as reasonable candidates, Vonetta McGee can’t be disqualified because she only did one Spaghetti.

So my VOTE goes to Vonetta :wink:

With an honorable mention to the ultra hot Chelo Alonzo who practically bursts into flames in Run, Man, Run !!![/quote]

Excellent choices with MICHELE MERCIER and LUCIANA PALUZZI :smiley:

Will you please VOTE on the poll for either Michele or Luciana and Afterwards I may
well add Vonetta to the poll :wink:
PS. Thanks for voting RF , I have added Vonetta McGee to the SW girls. :slight_smile:

Here is another 60s glamour photo of Luciana:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:57, topic:804”]Here is another 60s glamour photo of Luciana:

[/quote]
:o Fantastic photo of LUCIANA PALUZZI many thanks again Lindberg.
I had not seen that 1960s Glamour pose before.
Luciana is doing well in the votes especially after all these wonderful photos of her. :smiley:

Vonetta McGee in The Great Silence:

Tack for Vonetta , Lindberg :wink:

HELENE CHANEL SW leading lady can you find me a portrait please ? I had no luck yet :o
OR Agnes Spaak or Suzy Andersen both SW ladies of course. Tack.

Meantime here is my SW Leading Lady BEBA LONCAR she was in
“Days Of Violence” 67 with Peter Lee Lawrence.

I hope this photo is not “too sexy” for this SW Forum :wink: