Vote for Our Official Top 20

OUATIW should show the end of the west. So it might be clear that it can’t be like the other spaghettis…

1.Great Silence.
2.Once Upon A Time In The West.
3.Good Bad & The Ugly.
4.Revenge For Revenge.
5.Django.
6.If You Meet Sartana Pray For Your Death.
7.Execution
8.$10000 Blood Money.
9.Light The Fuse Sartana Is Coming.
10.Django Kills Silently.
11.I Want Him Dead.
12.They Call Him Cemetery.
13.Vengeance Is Mine.
14.Big Gundown.
15.Cemetery Without Crosses.
16.The Moment To Kill.
17.Cut-Throats Nine.
18.Silent Stranger.
19.Death Rides A Horse.
20.Man,Pride & Vengeance.
21.Wanted Johnny Teaxas.
22.And God Said To Cain
23.Kill Them All & Come Back Alone
24.Day Of Anger.
25.Vendetta At Dawn.

Changes made to top SW films since I’ve seen at least 350.

Only 150 SW!?

Maybe this should be a new thread, but is this a typical low number for you guys? If so, I’m thinkin’ Amateur Gunrunner doesn’t quite say it. I think I need to be demoted to “Town Drunk.”

I’d say 150 sw’s is quite a lot but then again if you think of all the sw’s ever made it’s just about quarter of them all.

very interesting list by the way, violent. Some titles I’ve never even heard before…

Has any one viewed every single one (558)? I guess you cant just go down to you local video store and check them out :slight_smile: I have viewed close to 320. I am receiving another six in the mail any time soon. I cannot find Cisco with William Berger or John the Bastard anywere!

Damn, TwiceaJudas, 320!?

Move over Millian, I’ve got a new hero.

It’s so hard to get R1 discs where I am. My only hopes lie in Wal-mart bargain bins and late night movies on TMC.

I have spent too much money hunting down VHS and DVD movies. But hell it’s worth every cent. I would like to view every one if possible and write about each one individually. How many have you viewed?

Man oh man, Judas you impress me !!! Over 300 SW watched !!! Wow !!! I have seen just about half of it !!! I’m also searching for the movies like crazy but some are extremely hard to find !!!

Which are your most wanted ones ???

I am searching for John The Bastard, My Name is Pecos, Last Ride to Santa Cruz, Black Jack, and German version of Sartana in the Valley of Death opposed to the C’est La vie version. These are five, I want to view really bad.

I don’t know ‘John the bastard’. Who’s playing in it ? If it is with Gianni Garko and Claudio Camaso, I know it ! A great movie, one of my favourites ! Great acting, even greater atmosphere, super music, just everything a SW needs !!!

‘My name is Pecos’ with Robert Woods is a hard SW, not one of my favourites but solid work, certainly worth hunting down !!!

‘Last ride to Santa Cruz’ is actually no SW. It’s a German production with Klaus Kinski in his very first western role (also featuring Mario Adorf). Nothing special but for genre-buffs a real rarity !!!

‘Black Jack’ again with Robert Woods is a nice, little, violent SW !!! I liked it a lot 'cause it’s kind of strange. One of Woods better movies !!!

‘Sartana in the valley of death’ (German title : Der Gefürchtete) is really nothing special. It’s pretty close to Fidani’s trash westerns. William Berger is the hit though !!! I really like him !!!

Here are some SW I really would like to watch:

• ‘A bullet for Sandoval’
  • ‘Pistoleros’
  • ‘La Belva’ (soon it will be in my collection) : I know it’s cheesy, gotta have it 'cause of Klaus

Basically, I want to watch every SW. It doesn’t matter whether the flic is at the top or the bottom of the genre !!!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

And next Tuesday on Tele5… :wink:

You got that right Lode !!!

What are your favourite SWs and which movies do you really want to see ???

[attachment deleted by admin, new size restrictions in place. max allowed size 40kb]

1. Once upon a time in the West
  2. GBU
  3. Great Silence
  4. Big Gundown
  5. For a few Dollars more
  6. Companeros
  7. Death rides a horse
  8. Face to face
  9. Django
  10. A fistful of Dollars
  11. Duck you sucker
  12. Days of violence
  13. Run man, run
  14. Texas, adios
  15. Death sentence

Wanna see Sabata Trilogy, Quien Sabe, Blindman, Day of Anger, The Grand Duel, Keoma, Tepepa…there are enough flicks left for me to watch :wink:

No, that’s not Garko film. It stars John Richardson if I remember correctly. This is also top film on my want list. dvd-r is available on Luminous but I’m not sure if I’m gonna pick that.

Regarding the voting for best spaghettis, wouldn’t it be more interesting if some of the more obvious titles were excluded, like the Dollars-trilogy, Django, and a few more titles. We already know that they are essential, a list with more unusual choices would be more fun to put together :slight_smile:

But then you cannot call it an essential SW Voting.

No, and by the way - Django isn’t an “obvious” title on my list if I were to make one. It would be around # 30 or so.

Django is very cheaply made and has horrendous english dubbing, I agree, but it’s nevertheless a milestone in the development of the SW-genre, an important film.

I just thought that you could perhaps have a list of five to ten spaghettis that are essential beyond debate, that would include Leone’s films for sure, and apart from them make up a list of the twenty best spaghettis of all time.

The problem is that no films are unquestionally essential. I can imagine that there are some people who won’t include all of Leone’s films on a top ten, or even a top 20. Besides, I think that we should decide on a method to do this first, because if everybody just post top 10’s, 12’s or 20’s and nobody knows what to do with them, it’s no point.

Wanna see Sabata Trilogy, Quien Sabe, Blindman, Day of Anger, The Grand Duel, Keoma, Tepepa…there are enough flicks left for me to watch :wink:
[/quote]^

I see, you really have quite some SW left to watch !!! You will certainly enjoy the ones listed above ! I personally didn’t like ‘Blindman’ that much but you’ll have to see for yourself !!! Have fun watching those movies !!!