Vote for Our Official Top 20

Hey, TwiceaJudas. Sorry if you felt I was attacking you. That was not my intention. I was just amazed to see La Belva in your top10!

Hi,

I am sorry for taking it personally and also for being rude to you Bill. It wont happen again.

Sincerely,
Thomas

just ragging on you judas,welcome. :wink:

after watching the mercenary and face to face again, i would probably replace face to face with mercenary.thats the problem with list, taste change…oh well ;D so when is voting finished?

haha no idea honestly. how many people have posted a list yet?

Me not yet…

Hey Companeros, I’m brand new to the site and thought I’d throw somethin’ on the fire…

(Nothing new here; just my two cents)

1. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
2. Once Upon a Time in the West
3. For a Few Dollars More
4. A Fistful of Dollars
5. Death Rides a Horse
6. The Great Silence
7. Companeros
8. Mannaja
9. Django Kill
10. Django
11. El Topo
12. Day of Anger

If I left a really good one out, it’s probably because I’ve never seen it (i.e., The Big Gundown, A Bullet for the General, Face to Face, etc).

Hi I’m also new here, and my suggestion looks like this.

1. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
  2. Django Kill
  3. A Fistful of Dollars
  4. For a Few Dollars More
  5. Once Upon a Time in the West
  6. The Great Silence
  7. Django
  8. Mercenary
  9. Keoma
  10. A Bullet for the General
  11. Death Rides a Horse
  12. Day of Anger
  13. Mannaja
  14. Sabata
  15. If you meet sartana pray for your death
  16. Big Gundown
  17. Red sun
  18. Companeros
  19. Run man run
  20. They call him cemetary

Personally I don’t think that Once Upon A Time In The West should be included, it’s not really a true spaghetti-western, apart from the final duel, it’s more like an american western made by an italian director.

I tend to agree with you Silvanito, but the music, and the use of music as an instrument to express emotions makes it a Spaghetti western.

How come you haven’t included Leone’s Duck You Sucker in your list, Dorado?

For me it’s much better and more spaghetti-like than Once Upon.

Because it’s not on my top 20 list Silvanito :wink:
I never thought very higly of it.

I see, but at least the music in Duck is wonderful, don’t you think?

if you think that is a criteria then you would have to remove half of all spaghetti westerns from our database. once upon a time in the west is one of the best (if not THE best) italian western. even though it tries to emulate the american western, it is so much leone…

1 Like

“half of all spaghetti westerns from our database” , are you sure?

well at least a lot. because many spaghetti westerns try to copy american westerns, that was how it all started and even leone tried to do that, but he found his own style, and i think once upon a time in the west is purely leone, although it is quite “american”, but it is Leone’s America, an italian view of it. hence, spaghetti western. so why should it not be in the top 20??

Therer I have to disagree. It takes place very late, beginning of the 20th century. For me, OUATIA is hell more western if you want to differentiate.

I cant believe this is even a discussion,once upon a time in the west was not only one of the greatest sw ever made but one of the best directed movies of all time and truly worthy of the description"epic".this movie is an example of what sw could be at thier best,this movie is “art” and im not the type that goes around labeling movies in those kind of words, but thats what it is.amovie that not only transends its genre or sub genre but an example of pure movie making genius,not one wasted scene,music that sends a chill up the spine,perfect cast,an ode to the american west and the american western…i dont mean to be rude ,but silvanto this is the most upsurd comment i’ve ever read on this site.

1 Like

That’s it, applause!

1 Like

Once Upon may be a great film to some people, but you can’t really compare it to the Dollars films or other spaghettis. Besides, Leone’s whole intention was to set it apart from other italian westerns and to make a comment on the history of american western-films. This is how I see it, even if it is absurd :wink:
But I’m not blaming you for having it on the list, just sharing my views :slight_smile: