TV’s Greatest Westerns

I’ll pray for you my son. And a bit more respect please … I am a fuckin man of the cloth after all!

[quote=“stanton, post:58, topic:163”]Phil, don’t waste your time with answering him.

Ha, ha it’s like pressing a button and getting therefore always the same unreasoned laments and platitudes.[/quote]

Yeah Stanton we all know as you SAID that you “dont like actors” but are very partial
to “directors” but not “their fame”. Talk of unreasonable and lamentable !! :-\

So your “tastes” can be summarised up in that you worship and pay homage to exactly the ROTTEN SMELLY POTATOES Films, actors and directors in MY PREVIOUS POSTS. Elia Kazan/George Stevens stuff like “giant” “east of eden”"on the waterfront

No wonder you did not like my analysis of NON “legend” James Dean and his stiff work.

According to you the MILLIONS Loving of HARALD REINL and ALFRED VOHRER 's

SERIES of masterpiece westerns, thrillers, WINNETOU, Dr Mabuse, Edgar Wallace etc

should instead lower themselves and stoop down to “liking” abysmal dramas+comedy

So when a lunatic, unbalanced, neurotic Streep/Hoffman scream and shout over
custody of a repulsive BRAT kid, then that according to you and Phil is “a good film” ??? That sort of lurid , boring drama we see everyday in real life, WHO needs to see
that waste material also on film ?? Annie Hall, Manhattan, Ingmar Bergman all same.

Pull the other one and get your tongue out and hat off to WORSHIP HARALD REINL :o

Sorry " father " :wink: I am grateful for all prayers ::slight_smile:
I understand you are “fuc*in man” but make sure its the cloth and NOT the choir boy
that gets it !! :smiley:

Hey - that was never proved.
Anyway back on task - yeah, not so sure about Deadwood myself. Maybe I should see some more. Got a feeling one of my choirboys has got me it for Christmas anyway - if the hints are anything to go by.

Now, excuse me while I go to church - there’s a lot of sinners out there to pray for!

I am amazed at your “likes” Phil , you seem to pounce as soon as I post that something
is bad, stiff, rotten, sleep inducing , boring drama/comedy etc ::slight_smile:

Then Wooosh you or Stanton appear and say “no no its nice I like it” :-\

I am ALL for open wide :smiley: and wide taste that is why in making my Top 50 Sws I
considered EVERY ONE of the 558+ Sws Thomas WEISSER lists and more.
I also LOVE as I said GIALLOS, THRILLERS, SCIFI, CULT TV SERIES, ADVENTURE, HORROR.

BUT we have to draw the line somewhere :

If I LIKE Frank Sinatra "Strangers In The Night"66 and "Something Stupid’"67 YES :smiley:

HOW am I then going to like the loud, banging, non melodic , drug sound of Led Zep?

NO WAY ???

If I LIKE PERRY COMO “For The Good Times” 73 , “Delaware” 60, "Its Impossible"71

Which I LOVE YES :-X

HOW am I then supposed to “enjoy” or “listen” to some Miles Davis repetitive, smoke
filled, dreadful, slow , depressing Jazzy mess ??

NO WAY :’(

I hope we all have wider good taste and that is NEEDED in liking/loving most/all SWs

Ok Reverend may you go safely in pieces…sorry in peace :smiley:

and may the good Lord look down on you and your choirboys with Fatherly love. :o

Well Deadwood I am not saying its abysmal but there is so much better and greater
made in the 1950s/1960s/1970s, that I really have no time for Deadwood.

It may sound harsh but we have to be selective.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:62, topic:163”]Yeah Stanton we all know as you SAID that you “dont like actors” but are very partial
to “directors” but not “their fame”. Talk of unreasonable and lamentable !! :-[/quote]

And again you haven’t read exactly what I have written!

I had written " I’m not so much interested in actors" , not that I dislike them. That’s a great difference.

First read than think!

Thinking, amigo, try it sometimes.

[quote=“stanton, post:67, topic:163”]And again you haven’t read exactly what I have written!

I had written " I’m not so much interested in actors" , not that I dislike them. That’s a great difference.

First read than think!

Thinking, amigo, try it sometimes.[/quote]

You are right the actual quote was “I am not so much interested in actors” but
when you WATCH and LISTEN to the FILM you are seeing/hearing the LEADING ACTOR
and supporting ACTORS. Right NOT the actual director he is not on screen.

Because you are NOT as you say worried if its CLINT EASTWOOD or Mickey Rooney ???
that is my whole point !!

A fan of SWs usually LOVES VERY MUCH the leading men/women, supporting actors
and wants to see more of the SWs they starred in. You do not and are not really
interested and that is where we will NEVER AGREE. :’(

I have just been on message boards in SPANISH/Spain and I read very beautiful
messages (I understand much Spanish) written by girls/women who remember from
the 1960s/1970s PETER LEE LAWRENCE, FRANCO NERO and they write how great,
sensitive, tender, heroic, wonderful, memorable both Lawrence and Nero were.
There are many 100s of similar messages and NOT ONE says “I love that director” :o

I am the same I like/admire/enjoy/research ALL the GREAT SWs LEADING stars and
from that I then seek out all their films, their other genre films, their life, their death…

Very rarely do I start from the director unless its say HARALD REINL or MARIO BAVA
or SERGIO MARTINO who are exceptional popular directors that made many classics.

Anyway enjoy your stiff dramas and “Oscar winners” sitting on a couch with Phil :wink:

Fine.

but when you WATCH and LISTEN to the FILM you are seeing/hearing the LEADING ACTOR and supporting ACTORS. Right NOT the actual director he is not on screen.

As Hitchcock said: Actors are cattle

Because you are NOT as you say worried if its CLINT EASTWOOD or Mickey Rooney ??? that is my whole point !!

Again you assume something/don’t understand something.
There are of course great differences between actors, and films suffer from bad acting by less talented guys like Anthony Stiffen or Peter loved by millions Lawrence. Happily they mainly ruined SWs who were anyhow bad, boring, cliche ridden turkeys, ignored by millions around the whole world.

A fan of SWs usually LOVES VERY MUCH the leading men/women, supporting actors

Some do, some not.

and wants to see more of the SWs they starred in.

Not of the actors, of the directors of course. They make the films work except …

You do not and are not really interested and that is where we will NEVER AGREE. :'(

Sob! And I always thought we would become the biggest friends in world. But I’ll see a chance nevertheless. These are only a few minor missunderstandings. Come on, be honest. You like me!

I have just been on message boards in SPANISH/Spain and I read very beautiful messages (I understand much Spanish) written by girls/women who remember from the 1960s/1970s PETER LEE LAWRENCE, FRANCO NERO and they write how great, sensitive, tender, heroic, wonderful, memorable both Lawrence and Nero were. There are many 100s of similar messages and NOT ONE says "I love that director" :o

I have asked a friend who knows more about these things.
And yes, I have to admit, contrary to Germany, where only a few people know him (trust me in this), PLL has quite a following in Italy and Spain. But not millions, and not as big as Eastwood or Nero. If I have time, I investigate further.

I am the same I like/admire/enjoy/research ALL the GREAT SWs LEADING stars and from that I then seek out all their films, their other genre films, their life, their death..

Very rarely do I start from the director unless its say HARALD REINL or MARIO BAVA
or SERGIO MARTINO who are exceptional popular directors that made many classics.

Your problem,not mine.

Anyway enjoy your stiff dramas and "Oscar winners" sitting on a couch with Phil ;)

Nice response, you are the only one who understands me and Phil really. But fore the couch thing I prefer Jill.

Oh, and I also liked the Long John Baldry response in the Suicide thread.

And regarding “my pants down” (same thread), yes, I have always my pants down when I fuck someone. :wink:

[quote=“stanton, post:69, topic:163”]Fine.

As Hitchcock said: Actors are cattle[/quote]

Hitchcock was a “FAT, balding , oily, ugly puny, se-xually inadequate little man” ;D
who made se-xx passes and was rejected by nearly every female on his sets this is all
ACCORDING to most of his leading actresses and you are taking Hitchcock’s side
by quoting his ignorant Fuhrer like remark ? Shame on you Hitchcock…sorry Stanton :-\

[glow=red,2,300]Again you assume something/don’t understand something.
There are of course great differences between actors, and films suffer from bad acting by less talented guys like Anthony Stiffen or Peter loved by millions Lawrence. Happily they mainly ruined SWs who were anyhow bad, boring, cliche ridden turkeys, ignored by millions around the whole world.[/glow]
[/quote] from Stanton.

NO NO NEIN NEIN Stanton sour grapes now , you have been exposed with abysmal , bad taste liking atrocious, cardboard, stiff, wooden, drama queens like Elia Kazan/George Stevens/ Rainer W.Fassbinder/Ingmar Bergman & those “oscar” ogres.
You have also been caught and exposed with your “soiled dirty pants” down after
saying that you “cannot watch more bad SW” a fan of SW wants to SEE MORE not less

Now you try to attack 2 of the ALL TIME GREATEST ACTORS LEADING MEN ON SWs

ANTHONY STEFFEN 25 The number 1 All time actor in SWs as LEADING MAN
PETER LEE LAWRENCE 17 The number 3 All time actor in SWs as LEADING MAN

The number 2 (being GEORGE HILTON with 19)

LEADING MAN NUMBER OF SWs Films made : Steffen 25, Hilton 19 , Lawrence 17 ::slight_smile:

LAWRENCE or STEFFEN or HILTON who were ALL GREAT, MAXIMUM TALENTED ACTORS, MADE MILLIONS OF FANS, MADE BOX OFFICE Success and were CALLED back to make MORE OUTSTANDING SWs, are even today LOVED and PRAISED on Message boards.

Now you Stanton mentioned “bad, boring, cliched ridden turkeys” “ignored by millions”

Based on the evidence , arguments and postings I suggest that your “BAD BORING
TURKEYS” are those Kazan/Stevens/Bergman/ Wooden Allen/Fassbinder/Lurid dramas
which both you and Phil are without any shame and without any remorse praising
and lic-iking up to at the expense of beloved SWs (which is what we are all here for)

Stanton any wooden /weird/pretentious “director” (Kazan/Stevens) can tell you that
NO Producer/financier would CALL BACK STEFFEN for 25 Sws, LAWRENCE for 17SWs
UNLESS They were ultra talented/superb box office succesfull GREAT leading men. 8)

You are wallowing in shame by insulting your GERMAN SWs Star PETER LEE LAWRENCE
and failing to HONOUR the NUMBER 1 Anthony Steffen and instead trying to
pollute the Sw Forum with rotten meat like Ingmar Bergman, Billy Wilder, Nic Ray ???

[glow=red,2,300]Sob! And I always thought we would become the biggest friends in world. But I’ll see a chance nevertheless. These are only a few minor missunderstandings. Come on, be honest. You like me!

I have asked a friend who knows more about these things.
And yes, I have to admit, contrary to Germany, where only a few people know him (trust me in this), PLL has quite a following in Italy and Spain. But not millions, and not as big as Eastwood or Nero. If I have time, I investigate further[/glow]
[/quote] by Stanton

I doubt we can be “biggest friends in world” because I spoke with GHOST of PETER
LEE LAWRENCE and he said that your name is marked in his little “revenge book”
of unbelievers and detractors. So there may not be any future in it …I fear … :o

You make a big “discovery” that Peter Lee Lawrence is NOT a mega star in GERMANY.
He of course left Germany to make his fame and fortune in SPAIN and ITALY :smiley: :wink:
But even now the GERMAN DVD companies like X Rated DVDS /TM Shop.de etc etc
are releasing magnificent DVDs of PETER LEE LAWRENCE Classic SWs Gun for 100 Gr.
It is MILLIONS of fans we are talking Italy, Spain, France and other Euro Countries
even in UK PLL was very popular they saw him in BLACK BEAUTY 1971 and more.

[glow=red,2,300]And regarding “my pants down” (same thread), yes, I have always my pants down when I fuck someone. ;)[/glow]
[/quote] by Stanton

Ah I see so when the POLICE arrest you “with Stanton pants down” for indecent exposure near the schoolgirls :smiley: your reply is as above no doubt :wink: ;D :o

Does anyone remember when this thread was about TV’s Greatest Westerns?

:’( I am sorry Phantom but I have got “2 brutes” :wink: Stanton and Phil
Ganging up on me trying to force some abysmal “oscar” winners and wooden dramas
on me , against my better taste and judgement.

They also said they want me to sit with them on the same couch and… :o :wink: :smiley:

I apologise Phantom. You are absolutely right.
I, for one, should know better than to get drawn in to pointless and petty arguments which don’t belong here.
From now on, I suggest we all stick on topic and accept each others differences.

You are surely right, Phantom.

[quote=“Phil H, post:73, topic:163”]I apologise Phantom. You are absolutely right.
I, for one, should know better than to get drawn in to pointless and petty arguments which don’t belong here.
From now on, I suggest we all stick on topic and accept each others differences.[/quote]

All in all there are of course “differences”, but not serious ones.
For my part of the conversation this was all mainly made for entertainment purposes, but of course completely off-topic. And SD last but one response was a really funny one (I had to burst out into loud laughter), he’s back in form.

Nevertheless, yes, we should stop it now, but forgive me Phantom, maybe I will make a last response (not completely off-topic) in the suicidal actors thread, then SD can have his last word about it, and after that we should really bury it.

Hope we haven’t annoyed you too much.

:smiley: YES there has been some amusing, humorous, lampooning, joking but as
we know from experience:

“all good things must end” and we should “bury the hatchet” :o

in whose’s back remains to be seen… :wink:

There is “no truth” to the forum rumour that a BIG POSSE is after Stanton or Phil :o

All Jokes are “copyright” and made in the “best possible taste” ;D…

No posse? Shit, I had just loaded my guns!

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:33, topic:163”][font=Verdana][/font]

The VIRGINIAN is my especially WANTED classic western series and I would pay as
much as I paid for the set of LAND OF THE GIANTS 66-68. ;D I got that for $115 now :)[/quote]

Are you still looking for The Virginian series on DVD SD?

If so, I saw this on ebay today.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZfrench6307

Looks like a decent price for 24 episodes.

[quote=“Phil H, post:77, topic:163”]Are you still looking for The Virginian series on DVD SD?

If so, I saw this on ebay today.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZfrench6307

Looks like a decent price for 24 episodes.[/quote]

Many thanks Phil

Yes I love The VIRGINIAN 62-71 and will investigate your tip even though its on ebay :wink:

Just got series one of Alias Smith & Jones as a late christmas present from my brother. I used to love this show when it was first aired and am looking forward to a trip down memory lane. The first series was definitely the best, with Pete Duel before his sad death.

Excellent DVD and series. Pete Duel was superb and is sadly missed but his replacement
Roger Davis I liked just as much :o