Too Much Gold for One Gringo / La caza del oro / Lo credevano uno stinco di santo (Juan Bosch, 1972)

Ahh, those ones.
Yes, they were definitely on show :smiley:

Hahahah

Not cool :frowning:

Never thought they were that big.

Itā€™s really entertaining.Steffen made a good job in his ā€˜lastā€™ western,considering that only ā€˜Tequilaā€™ and ā€˜Dallasā€™ came after that.Theyā€™re not worth mentioning.
Yes,the movie looks older than 1972 and Steffen is not as much trashed as in some movies before.
This time only the character he plays is called Trash and heā€™s beating only once and not as intense as usual.Thanks god !
The great score iā€™ve heard before in ā€˜Copperfaceā€™ for example.

I loved this one, probably my favourite Steffen performance, heā€™s pretty tough in this role (maybe because heā€™s dubbed by the guy who usually dubs Maurizio Merli).

Itā€™s an OK movie for me. Entertaining and never gets boring. It seems that Juan Bosch could make some nice movies without any real budget. 6/10

Entertaining movie without beeing anything really special. Steffen gives one of his better performances in this one, I think.

ā€œā€¦slightly comedic in tone but fortunately no slapstick stuff going onā€¦ā€ Youā€™re right about that BL. This flic is quite lighthearted in places but doesnā€™t drift into sillyness which saves the movie.

Very average film from the post-Trinity years. Very sloppy in my opinion but Sanchoā€™s few minutes are refreshing, his role surely deserved to be bigger.

[i]Para os lusĆ³fonos, eis a minha resenha:
http://por-um-punhado-de-euros.blogspot.com/2011/10/la-caza-del-oro-1972-realizador-juan.html[/i]

is available anywhere even in funmade dvdr??

The database refers an italian release. Iā€™ve found a divx file at CG.

Never saw this one, always thought it was all comedy. Being a A.Steffen fan, i must find a copy somewhere.

Try Cinemageddon.

Thanks to a Fellow member for his generosity in providing me with a dvdr copy, :wink: I finally got a chance to watch this one. I found it to be ok, not a gem but good enough entertainment in my opinion. Steffen and Martin were particularity good. Also, that young actress that plays a mexican girl she showed some nice cleavage, what a nice pair of breasts, yummy! :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoyed it immensely. The script was realistic, with plenty of inventive moments. Iā€™d rate it as highly-rewatchable.

I have added a review of it to the filmā€™s page, see:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/La_caza_del_oro_review

2 Likes

dutch Beta tape cover scan

One of the better spaghetti westerns for me. Very enjoyable with plenty of action.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

Iā€™m absolutely in love with this film for some reason. The movie is entertaining with a banger title song and the characters are good. I especially like the main trio, JosĆ©, Carver and Trash Benson. Thereā€™s also a Mexican bandit leader whoā€™s played by Fernando Sancho :smile:
Anthony Steffen as Trash Benson is just amazing: He looks super good in this and is perfect for the role. Trash may not seem that special as a character but he isnā€™t a boring protagonist either. Let me summarize it to you:

-Trash is a feared gunslinger (outlaw too?), but he isnā€™t completely evil. He can be intimidating if he wants but heā€™s not a creep nor a psychotic killer.
-Greedy son of a bi**h, but he has honor
-intelligent and knows what he wants
-Is often seen with a cigar in his mouth but smokes only when heā€™s feeling down.
-Also, donā€™t disturb Trash when he sleeps or heā€™ll get angry

2 Likes