Too Much Gold for One Gringo / La caza del oro / Lo credevano uno stinco di santo (Juan Bosch, 1972)

is available anywhere even in funmade dvdr??

The database refers an italian release. Iā€™ve found a divx file at CG.

Never saw this one, always thought it was all comedy. Being a A.Steffen fan, i must find a copy somewhere.

Try Cinemageddon.

Thanks to a Fellow member for his generosity in providing me with a dvdr copy, :wink: I finally got a chance to watch this one. I found it to be ok, not a gem but good enough entertainment in my opinion. Steffen and Martin were particularity good. Also, that young actress that plays a mexican girl she showed some nice cleavage, what a nice pair of breasts, yummy! :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoyed it immensely. The script was realistic, with plenty of inventive moments. Iā€™d rate it as highly-rewatchable.

I have added a review of it to the filmā€™s page, see:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/La_caza_del_oro_review

2 Likes

dutch Beta tape cover scan

One of the better spaghetti westerns for me. Very enjoyable with plenty of action.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

Iā€™m absolutely in love with this film for some reason. The movie is entertaining with a banger title song and the characters are good. I especially like the main trio, JosĆ©, Carver and Trash Benson. Thereā€™s also a Mexican bandit leader whoā€™s played by Fernando Sancho :smile:
Anthony Steffen as Trash Benson is just amazing: He looks super good in this and is perfect for the role. Trash may not seem that special as a character but he isnā€™t a boring protagonist either. Let me summarize it to you:

-Trash is a feared gunslinger (outlaw too?), but he isnā€™t completely evil. He can be intimidating if he wants but heā€™s not a creep nor a psychotic killer.
-Greedy son of a bi**h, but he has honor
-intelligent and knows what he wants
-Is often seen with a cigar in his mouth but smokes only when heā€™s feeling down.
-Also, donā€™t disturb Trash when he sleeps or heā€™ll get angry

2 Likes