The Last Western You Watched?

Watched two Fidani films:

His name was Sam Wallash but they call him Amen

His Name Was Pot… But They Called Him Allegria
-Argh! what a piece of pure torture!

Could have warned you about “Sam Walbash”. It is one of my all time worst spaghettis. Have a lie down and a beer. You’ll feel better tomorrow.

I watched Keoma last night. I do really like the way the flashbacks are integrated into the story. It still stands up in a way that a lot of the later spaghettis don’t. Not a pastiche. Just a well made psychological western with a vengeance theme.

“Guns Of The Magnificent Seven”

Half decent sequel to the western classic.

[quote=“Phil H, post:822, topic:141”]Could have warned you about “Sam Walbash”. It is one of my all time worst spaghettis. Have a lie down and a beer. You’ll feel better tomorrow.[/quote]Hah, but I love this film. I already wrote about it on this topic:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,490.0.html

But His name was Pot… is truly one of the worst I’ve seen. But it also had a good music and one of the strangest ending I’ve seen in sw.

Ok Bill. I’m going to take your recommendation and watch Sam Walbash again. See if I’ve changed my mind since the last time (which was a few years ago now).
I’ll let you know how I get on.

yeah, but like said earlier: it’s worth watching because of the camp value and all the unintentionally funny scenes. Maybe with few beers too :wink:

Bill, since you’ve seen 250 spaghettis, are there many films that are bad like this, real turkeys?

Well, yes and no because I love some really bad ones like most Fidani films, they have certain charm in them.

Worst ones I’ve seen are probably films of Gianni Crea and some Trinity ripp-off comedies like Trinity & Sartana. and of course Kid Vengeance :-X

Well, I’ve just watched Sam Walbash again and remembered why I didn’t like it. It seems like Fidani was making up the story as he went along and some of the continuity is non existant. But you’re right. If you don’t expect a masterpiece and watch it for it’s campness and mistakes instead it is kind of fun. In particular I enjoyed how Sam was shot in the shoulder at the beginning but when he was nursed back to health they bandaged his hand! Maybe from that point of view I’ll remove it from my all time worst list.

The music is pretty good too. It’s a fun movie, I’m glad I have it on dvd. Somehow it never bores me.

KEOMA has just been viewed.

Just finished watching the rest of “Seven Winchesters For A Massacre”. Not bad, tho the soundtrack is much better than the film deserves :smiley:

Watched Tony Anthony’s first stranger installment. This movie made no impression whatsoever. Despite being oiled up (what for?), Anthony doesn’t convince at all as the lead and the movie as a whole never manages to satisfy. Too many cliches. Luckily Frank Wolff is in there. He somewhat manages to spice up this this dull affair. It’s nowhee near the worst spaghetti-western ever, but it’s definitely sub-par in my opinion.

i actually don’t mind it but i can’t explain why!

Don’t let it put you off the 2nd one though because it’s much better.

I haven’t seen the 3rd or 4th ones yet though.

Just watched The Big Showdown for the first time in years. I really enjoyed it. Certainly one of Van Cleef’s better non Leone’s. Music was good, right level of tension building before the shootouts and a good baddie in a white suit. In fact 2 of them. Definitely one of my top twenty.

Just for some contrast, I also watched John Ford’s Stagecoach. I’ve been reading about Ford recently and wanted to remind myself of the movie. It still stands up really well despite being almost 70 years old. Great characterisations and a good story. Makes some real comments about social prejudices and class too. Ford really was the man.

Sorry I probably should have said The Grand Duel, not The Big Showdown. But you all know the film I mean.

‘Stranger in Sacramento’

-early SW
-not very entertaining, for buffs only !!!

. . . The Grand Duel, Wahaahahah, in sometimes i was boring, but after all its ok.
Greetings.

Colizzi: Boot Hill
-Waste of good cast. This film might work better without Terence & Bud and starring Woody Strode alone. Terence and Bud are so under-used in this film.

(edit: oh, I just turned into Django)