The Last Western You Watched?

Congrats on your 500th post ;D

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:840, topic:141”]Colizzi: Boot Hill
-Waste of good cast. This film might work better without Terence & Bud and starring Woody Strode alone. Terence and Bud are so under-used in this film.

(edit: oh, I just turned into Django)[/quote]
I think the main problem with this movie is that there is no real main character. As a result none of the actors can really put there mark on the movie. Too bad, because the cast is good. But to be honest, that’s not the only problem of the movie. I think it’s executed almost lethargically. Nevertheless there are way worse spaghettiwesterns out there. By the way, the version I saw was of a pretty bad print, maybe that affected my judgent a little bit (but I doubt it).

i think ACE HIGH is the best made out the three (and the higher budget shows) but i find, GOD FORGIVES I DON’T more enjoyable :slight_smile:

100 Rifles

Man Called Noon (Lo Chiamavano Mezzogiorno)
Whether you class this a spaghetti or not I’m not sure. It’s an Italian co production with UK and Spain, has music by Luis Bacalov and has Rosanna Schiaffino in a leading role so my vote would be yes.
Either way, it’s a good movie well directed by Peter Collinson (british) who also made The Italian Job and Open Season. I like this one a lot. Kind of a mystery story as much as anything else. Richard Crenna loses his memory and spends the rest of the film trying to figure out who he really is etc. Stephen Boyd is good as always in the supporting role and it even ends with two women in a gunfight. Don’t see that very often.
Anyone else seen this film? I’d be interested in your opinions.

‘West and soda’

-Italian Cartoon Western
-well done parody of SW
-interesting

look for pictures in the database

watched JOHNNY HAMLET this evening, a great film and the kotch dvd… what can i say, the print is beautiful.

I watched the hellbenders.

i started a new topic for it too:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,649.msg10092/topicseen.html#msg10092

The american boring “Quinley down under” - 1990 … did not like at all !
:frowning:

The Return of Ringo
Apart from Giuliano Gemma’s terrible blonde hair at the beginning this was pretty good. Fernando Sancho as good as ever and Nieves Navarro as lovely as ever. Pretty good direction from Tessari and catchy music from Mr Morricone. The only downside is the copy I have of this is an old VHS and not in letterbox so too often people’s heads are cut in half on either side of the screen. Very annoying.

Unforgiven.

What more can you say…an excellent flick.

[quote=“Phil H, post:850, topic:141”]The Return of Ringo
Apart from Giuliano Gemma’s terrible blonde hair at the beginning this was pretty good. Fernando Sancho as good as ever and Nieves Navarro as lovely as ever. Pretty good direction from Tessari and catchy music from Mr Morricone. The only downside is the copy I have of this is an old VHS and not in letterbox so too often people’s heads are cut in half on either side of the screen. Very annoying.[/quote]The final shodown is superb, American films didn’t have stuff like this until the 80’s action fims.

"A Fistful OF Dollars"
A classic Eastwood western

"Alias Jesse James"
silly (but fun) Bob Hope western comedy

I watched Tonino Valerii’s TASTE OF KILLING, this afternoon

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:854, topic:141”]I watched Tonino Valerii’s TASTE OF KILLING, this afternoon[/quote]How was it yodlaf??

I think it is a very under rated film, definitely one of the better SW’s. Wild East did a great job with it.

I didn’t see any movies today but I did see two great history specials about the old west:

“Billy The Kid: Unmasked"
and
"Jesse James: Legend, Outlaw, Terrorist”

both were on The Discovery Channel
and were very very interesting

Quite enjoyable actually, nice editing and a theme tune though it’s no Morricone had me humming along during the film. Craig Hill was quite wooden but wasn’t bad (if that makes sense).

Fernando Sancho has a cameo at the start as an extremely evil and ruthless Mexican bandit who Craig Hill soon sees away.

I also noticed some of the locations from when i went to Almeria (when i see a location that i’ve been to i get a little buzz! ;))

All in all a worthy addition to anybody’s Spaghetti western dvd collection :slight_smile:

The Way West"
-Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark, Sally Field (her movie debut)

Wagon train drama about settlers heading out of Missouri and heading to Oregon and finding drama, adventure and romance along the way.

Not much action but well acted and a good solid story.

Watched Quintana last night. Nice music, interesting camera angles. The hero Quintana himself walking around in something looking a lot like a rip off of Eastwood’s poncho from the Dollar-trilogy.