The Last Movie You Watched?

…and fridge as well :wink: lot of fun this film

Virgin Witch - Two sisters think they are going to a country where one of them is on a modelling assignment (cue the excuse for plenty of flesh on show) but really it’s a front to get them to join a Coven.

I was put off watching this before because people told me it was shit. I thought it wasn’t too bad, nothing to get excited about but it had a good exploitation factor.

According to the imdb some of the locations are in Wimbledon but I didn’t spot any.

When is it from Yod? From the poster, I’d say mid-seventies.

One thing is certain, the artwork is rad!

[quote=“John Welles, post:8463, topic:1923”]When is it from Yod? From the poster, I’d say mid-seventies.[/quote]1972 :wink:

The Swarm.

Epic length disaster film about about killer bees. Lots of stars on board and some of the best scenes are when Michael Caine is having a go at general Richard Widmark. Alot better than I remembered actually, with plenty of cheesy moments.

The Cold Light of Day

Good title, mediocre thriller in the Bourne mould (Taken might have been a source of inspiration too).

A young business man’s family is kidnapped in Spain; daddy confesses he’s not the man everybody thinks he is (he works for the CIA of course, in these pictures they all work for the CIA), daddy is killed, so the younger man must do it all by himself.

Some nice cinematography of the Spanish locations (especially Madrid), one or two good set pieces and cameos for Bruce Willes (as daddy) and Sigourney Weaver (as a bitchy CIA madam). It may entertain you on a cold and lonely night (or day), but if the weather’s alright, you might want to leave the damn thing and go outside. Hitchcock used to do more with this kind of paranoia nonsense.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7VZfC.jpg[/img]

POINT BLANK (2010)

This is a terrific French action/thriller. The movie opens with a chase sequence and just continues to accelerate from there. It’s not top of the line high art, but it’s a nail-biting thrill ride that delivers the goods. 7/10

[quote=“chameleon, post:8468, topic:1923”]
POINT BLANK (2010)

This is a terrific French action/thriller.[/quote]Agreed, thoroughly enjoyed it.

[B]The Great Texas Dynamite Chase[/B] - Purely enjoyable Corman 70’s movie. The girls rob banks with dynamite and find any excuse possible to strip off their clothes. The music when they are being chased state to state really gets you involved in the chase!

Are the other two in this set worth watching? I initially only got it for this film.

Trunk To Cairo, 1966… Minor spy-thriller with Audie Murphy as a West German double-agent scuttling an ICBM missile-installation in Egypt. -But spends the last part of the film solving a more-complicated-than-it-needed-to-be kidnapping plot. Some pretty-good moments overall. Director; Menaham Golan, does a fine job. I was only aware of his work as a producer.

Been watching some episodes of The Bounder with Peter Bowles this evening. Great stuff.

The Warrior’s Way (2010) - East meets West actioner - a chinese swordsman comes to Wild West town (with a circus), and he involves in local business between town’s folks and army of bandits with Danny Huston in the lead
a lot of sword/revolver slow-motion action, beautiful cinematography, charismatic chinese actor, Geoffrey Rush, good villain, spaghettian like music sometimes, but my verdict is - crack of shit
even Sukiyaki Western Django was better and that’s says something - i was looking forward to watch this, because ive read some positive comments here and there, but what i got was unexciting boredom without any thrill wrapped in colourful cinematography - but even that is quite dubious, because it was obviously shot in front of green screen, so whole movie looks very artificial
i should rather have watched Good, Bad, Weird again …

Elephant White, 2011… produced-by and starring Djimon Hounsou, as a hitman rescuing a Bangkok-businessman’s daughter from a child-slave ring. The emphasis is on the weaponplay, rather than predictable rage-sequences. Church (Hounsou) causes satisfying chaos with the help of a mysterious child-prostitute. Kevin Bacon costars as a dubious British arms-dealer. Good entertainment.

few episodes of Father Ted and Garth Marenghi’s Dark Place - british sitcoms, one makes fun of the Church (what is always fine by me), the other makes fun of horror writers and shows - good fun both of them

Been on the assembling line for some Ikea furniture, but thre’s always a TV around, fell too lazy to pick up some DVD, so it as was up to cable to do the choices for me.

King Arthur - 2005 Antoine Fuqua
Nice film the kind that I like, regardless of the artistic merits or lack of those, there’s some historical confusion and sometimes they try too hard to demonstrate the story was historical real, but the fall of an empire always gives good stories true or not. Good harmless fun, the only drawback was Owen, lacks somethings in his performance to be the great leadear he was in the film

Stripes -1981 Ivan Reitman
This one a classic and why that? Cause its fun and got Murray and Oates together, it doens’t get better than making an invasion the former Czecholosvakia with a caravan better than a modern thank.
The humour is great some classic lines a great 80’s cast, we can go wrong with this one even if some of the the Ikea desks go wrong for lack of attention on the job.

The American 2010 -Anton Corbjin
This one got everything to be a personnel favourite, but I didn’t like it (and its my second watch), its a fine line the director tries to walk, but he fails. Its not the lack of action its the lack of… film or purpose, these minimalist stuff aren’t for everybody, Le Samourai forget it.

I agree on the first and the third (Don’t have a good recollection of Stripes)

Great scene on the ice in King Arthur. Hopefully you watched the director’s cut, it’s a major improvement over the theatrical cut. The score is a bit over the top, but Keira who turns loose all her demons certainly helps. What an Amazone.

The American is indeed a misfire. It was on TV last week and I tried to watch it (for the second toime too), but it just doesn’t click. Sort of liked it when I saw it for the first time so I hoped it would be better the second time around, but the opposite was the case. Above all you notice how calculated the whole thing is.

Both great series. Love when Marenghi reads from one of his novels at the beginning…“Blood, blood, blood…and a bit of sick.” ;D

Love Father Ted, never heard of the other one.

THEY CAME TO ROB LAS VEGAS - Very nice heist flick from the late 60s. Unique plot, great score and locations, J. Lee Cobb, Jack Palance and a gorgeous Elke Sommer. It might feel a little dated nowadays, but I found its atmosphere extemely charming.

THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE - Crime drama with Robert Mitchum directed by Peter Yates. Mitchum is great and so are his ‘friends’ Joe Santos and Peter Boyle. Found it fascinating all the way.