The Last Movie You Watched?

Wasn’t this actually the ending of part 4 ?

Not sure, but do remember this scene from the third film as recently viewed that one.

I was talking about this

Probably a rocket launcher…

Ah right :wink: .

Just viewed The Thing (2011).

Even though this is the events that happened before the 1982 version of the film, it runs like a scene to scene remake alot of the time. As expected by this viewer not a patch on the John Carpenter version, as that film is a hard act to follow. But if you try not to compare it to the Carpenter film, there is still some fun to be had with this one.

Watched Live Like a Cop Die Like a Man and Street Fighter. What an awesome double feature! Live Like a Cop is a top ten Italian Crime Film for sure imo. Although i thought the two cops looked more like a gay couple than bad ass mofos… Anyway the story more than made up for that. Sonny Chibas character in Street Fighter is one of the toughest ever. Keeping with the theme, i want to check out Death Wish 3 next :slight_smile:

Death Wish II has my favourite scene out of all of them in it.

[quote=“sartana1, post:6265, topic:1923”]Although i thought the two cops looked more like a gay couple than bad ass mofos… [/quote]How dare you! ;D

[quote=“Gringo!, post:6260, topic:1923”]Death Wish 3 - I shouldn’t have to say anything, this is the best film ever made. I mean, Citizen Kane, sure it’s GOOD, but it’s not Death Wish 3. If you have only seen Hobo With A Shotgun but have yet to see this movie you better get your shit together before you’re humiliated in public by someone with taste. Bronson at this point is apparently no longer an architect but a wandering dealer of death making money off dead thugs and rapists he blows away, he wanders into the most fucked up blown up apocalyptic section of New York and wages war on sewer dwelling scumbags and movie costume designer punks that only existed in 80s action movies. Why this is the best Death Wish is that its no longer solemn stalking sessions ending with either a cold kill or a near miss but all out war and goddamn this movie is fucking nuts and over the top as hell. At one point Bronson starts hunting thug rapist purse snatchers with a fucking modified elephant gun pistol and he even shoots a guy point blank with a grenade launcher. 5 out of 5

Death Wish 4: The Crackdown - This one is nice and gory and funny as hell, I was surprised at how good it was, I figured this would be a series that dwindled as it went on but actually 3 and 4 might be the best of the series. Bronson goes about killing drug dealers pitting two rival gangs against each other and shooting shitloads of people, then you know shooting more people. One of the main rules of this series is that any women that are around Bronson at any point in their life whether they’re mom’s dating them, they’re the maid, they said thanks to him when he held the door for them at the grocery store, they will get horribly raped and murdered in a gruesome fashion. 4 out of 5

Death Wish 2 - Well sadly its no Death Wish 3, but its still a classic, has two good sweaty rape scenes and plenty of hateful brutal shootings to go around. It also has a scene where guy gets shocked to death, so they put fans under his face to make his long hair blow/stand upwards, that alone makes it better than 90% of cinemas output since 1980. 3 out of 5[/quote]

Yup. Completely agree with your assessment. Love the whole series.

I SAW the film MY SON THE FANATIC starring RACHEAL GRIFFITHS a really good bbc movie i think ms. griffiths should star in a euro or spaghetti western she has the look to star in a western

How dare you! ;D <

Tough, macho guys usually dont ride around together on the same motorcycle! They could have at least each had their own… Also the scene where one of the guys wakes up & is walking around in his tight, blue speedos. Not a good look even for the 70s :slight_smile:

I totally agree on the comments about the Death Wish series, although part 5 was pretty bad it still had some funny Bronson moments.
I actually enjoyed part 4 more than 3 since part 3 looked like they were really taking the piss while part 4 seemed to be an attempt to bring the series back to a more serious tone which turned out to be almost as silly as the previous. It has my favorite moments in the whole series such as:

It happens in part 3 and 4.

Part 2 is probably my favourite, it looks the best of all 5 movies and has the best action, imo.

Like the first Deathwish the best, closely followed by the second and third installments. The last one is the poorest with a tired looking Bronson.

Slaughterhouse 5
sort of time travel movie with some material for deep contemplation and movie also contains hilariously funny scenes, for instance that woman driving cadillac like mad, screaming : “i´m going for you, Billy” - well i laughed
for me it was like Kubrick meets Gilliam, although its George Roy Hill

BATTLE RATS 1988
a very good action flick!!! ok the acting was poor but wait who cares for the acting in those kind of films??
the first 5 minutes was awesome!! plenty of action some explosions and gory bullets
the ending it’s really cool!! about 30 minutes long! my rating 4/5
you can see the japanese version here:

in 5 parts
see it before it’s gone forever! the movie was sooooo rare to find…

Not really a film but a special double episode of the original A- Team series. Start Watching it in the Memory channel while doing some TV zapping. Actually this was a episode I didn’t rmember watching back in the days, was the one where the all team got caught and stand before trial on a militar court, it explains, or tries to, the all premise of the series, with the assault on the Bank of Hanoi in 1971 (didn’t know ther was one), and all that.
What can I say the all thing is so cheesy and over the top, that I couldn’t stop watching it ;D, TV series script writers life was real simple back in the 80’s. Ah and this special episode even got no other than …Robert Vaught as a special guest actor, doing the best impersonation of… Robert Vaught, it felt like if the man was doing his thing elevated to the cube or more.

Really unforgettable stuff going to buy the dvd box of the complete series.

i watched Rango, and i was surprised near the end - the most iconic spaghetti hero appeared
(although with voice of Timothy Olyphant, but he did a good job)
i quite liked this movie, it is little weird in few scenes and it took a while to get used to its unusual storytelling and ideas
it is directed by Gore Verbinski and John Logan has written the screenplay, so maybe i was expecting something better
with all these people aboard…
great ending, last 30 min. or so

Re Death Wish series:

I have only seen Death Wish 3, but that almost killed me laughing. Worryingly, most of it did not seem intentional. There is a great thread on IMDb (probably the best) that details everything that is just so hilarious about the film:
[url]IMDb: Ratings, Reviews, and Where to Watch the Best Movies & TV Shows

[quote=“John Welles, post:6278, topic:1923”]Re Death Wish series:

I have only seen Death Wish 3, but that almost killed me laughing. Worryingly, most of it did not seem intentional. There is a great thread on IMDb (probably the best) that details everything that is just so hilarious about the film:
[url]IMDb: Ratings, Reviews, and Where to Watch the Best Movies & TV Shows
i like death wish 4 much much more

One of the reasons why I like the film.