The last exercise you got?

Nice pix!

We have coyotes all over the place here…to such an extent that there is a bounty on them ($20 a head).

Very nice pics Chris! What’s the animal called?

Javelina

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/game_javelina.shtml

They’re sneaky bastards, and suprisingly adaptable. Love the pig pics, thats something i’ve not come across on the east coast.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:40, topic:2088”]I surprised myself today by walking 5 miles!
It was a nice walk, too, I found another stretch of undeveloped land and an arroyo (rambla, or dry river bed) that was interesting to walk along.

Ever since I have been taking my camera with me I have not seen a single Coyote on my walks! Somehow, they know… :smiley:

I have managed to catch a few Javelina images over the past couple of days, though.

This guy was in a hurry to get by me, this morning!

I took this one the other day, after it had rained/snowed. This young Javelina was enjoying his/her rest in a slightly damp area.

[/quote]

Must be really nice to see some intersting wildlife while out walking (then again i guess you’re probably used to it). Never much to see around here except cats and dogs and the odd frog or hedgehog at certain times of the year! Though my dad does get a lot of birds in the garden. He’s currently being visited by a heron and a pheasant, which is a bit odd for the middle of the city! He’s not keen on the heron though…it’s after his fish!

Mmmmm, pheasant.

Mmmmm, frogs. (well legs anyway)

Yuck! That’d be a no on both counts from me :o

Frogs were a bit of a disappointment to me. Barely any meat and then it turns out it tastes like chicken. Give me some KFC instead.

Did a bit of cycling today but started to get foggy so turned back, but bumped into a very nice woman I have not seen in a while.

What lovely teeth she has :smiley: .

Did my usual 3+ mile walk, this morning. Saw very little wildlife, today, though. One roadrunner and lots of Gambel’s quail, but no Javelinas, Coyotes, or such.

And I certainly didn’t bump into Ingrid Pitt…darn shame! :wink:

I’ll be getting more exercise today…as I am heading to Tombstone to play pistolero for the afternoon.

Yes, I often get foggy myself when I am out walking.
Oh, wait! You meant the weather…

:smiley:

I walked 3.5 miles home from work as was foggy and traffic was terrible, didn’t see one bus along the way. bloody Cambridge traffic system >:(

You’re right they do taste like chicken but a bit better than KFC for me.
Strangely, I ate frogs legs not in France but in Singapore so maybe they had a bit of Asian fusion going on with the flavour. They were nice anyway. Although not as nice as the snails.

Javelinas are all over southern Texas…theyre actually kind of a nuisance for ranchers here

The feral hogs have become a big nuisance up here in the panhandle.

Yeah, I just read about that, yesterday.
I had no idea that the little devils were in Texas, now. But, the study I looked at yesterday said they are quickly making their presence known in New Mexico and Texas, as well.
Funny thing about Javelinas is that they weren’t around Arizona, Texas, or New Mexico “in the old days” (there is barely, if any, mention of them in old records previous to the early 20th century). They are slowly migrating North out of Mexico and South America.

Pumped iron for an hour this morning.