The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread

I was thinking an early episode of ‘Everyone Loves Raymond’ … so that must be Doris Roberts with her trunks off ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

All in the Family’s Archie Bunker was supposed to be a character like this but it backfired on the writers because people loved Bunker and ridiculed the son-in-law “Meathead”.

Yep, that’s it

This guy in Joe was a major asshole with no redeeming qualities (unless you’re also a true asshole) whereas Bunker was more relatable due to the comedic tone of everything.

1 Like

I agree. The writers weighted Joe in one direction but All in the Family had the comedic tone, as you point out, and also had to be sustainable and therefore more balanced in order to successfully appeal to a diverse audience in an episodic market, roughly 8 years run and multiple spinoffs.

On a side note, AITF was based on the BBC’s Till Death Us Do Part.

Ya got a new shot for us, @Rutledal ?

Forgot it was my turn

Wild guess Mediterraneo?

You’re on the right train of thought. No spaghetti western actors in this one I think, but the director did some classic Italian crime flicks.

The cast includes a already legendary Italian actor (at the time of release) and a future Hollywood star.

Is it ‘1900’ ? Oh, forget that, Bertolucci didn’t do crime movies :laughing:

It might be a little too obscure. The future star is in both this pic and one of the previous.

Would you recommend or is this something to watch if you have time to kill?

Nicholas Cage is the future star.

1 Like

That is correct

Thanks, Rutledal.

Below: This could be easy because she’s been in SWs. Action/adventure/intrigue elements.

dfsfsdff

Don’t recognize the actress, but is that Fernando Sancho attempting to maul her ?

More clues please :thinking:

Looks like Soledad Miranda. So my guess is Devil Came from Akasava.

2 Likes

Would be my guess too

You are right on both counts, Bill.

Aldo, the actor is Siegfried Schürenberg. The screenshot scene is a bit comedic because Schürenberg’s character reluctantly and kind of surreptitiously visits a house of ill repute to get information from Soledad, who suggests that he act more “interested” because they are being watched.

td-1

1 Like

And -I have to quote Rik Mayall here- What a lovely blouse.

(Oh, photobucket seems to be watermarking pics now)

1 Like