The Great Silence / Il grande silenzio (Sergio Corbucci, 1968)

Thought of one victory for the ā€œbad guysā€ the film ā€œThe Wicker Manā€

Play.com is now selling Il Grande Silenzio for ā‚¬8,99. Just thought Iā€™d mention it.

who isnā€™t :wink:
oh waitā€¦ amazon.com isnā€™t ā€¦ lame bunch

Just watched it for the first time and loved it but didnt like ending all that much other than that the movie was western fun!

The UK Eureka Video DVD also has an alternate ā€œHappy Endingā€ as an extra.

The ending is great. One of the best endings Iā€™ve seen in any movie. Besides that, Silenzio was all messed up. It wouldnā€™t be realistic at all, if heā€™d managed to get out of that jam alive.

My favourite non-Leone spaghetti western. Great acting, great music, beautiful landscapes - everything about this movie is brilliant. I think the ending is what makes this movie really great. Great silence deserwes wider recognition - it should be known and praised by everyone not only spaghetti fans or western fans in general :slight_smile:

Yeah I guess your right

Americans donā€™t like unhappy endings in movies, but hey life is not always happy :wink:

Well its not that I just wanted that guy to die an horrible death but the ending wouldnt have made any sense if he came back and killed them all,it just wouldnt have worked.

[quote=ā€œSilvanito, post:69, topic:122ā€]Americans donā€™t like unhappy endings in movies,[/quote]Really ?did you conduct a poll?

movie companies do that

o.k. lets see the data

Here is an article:

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9809/28/screen.test/

1 Like

interesting,but i doubt if american audiences are that different than other countries is my point.

I liked the ending of Bring me the head of alfredo garcia and it is a very unhappy ending

i noticed since you have seen some films with Warren Oates in you have changed your picture :slight_smile:

Yeah since I watched Bring me the head of alfredo garcia its definitely on my favorite movie list and warren oates is so awesome in anything

Iā€™ve seen a lot of selected scenes of ā€œThe Great Silenceā€ here and there but Iā€™ve never been able to catch the whole thing. I was thinking about ordering it from fantoma.com

Just saw a copy on this label on E Bay for around 5 U.K pounds.